Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hanging Bodies at the Edge

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ADM_Revenant

ADM_Revenant

Hanging Bodies at the Edge Empty
PostSubject: Hanging Bodies at the Edge   Hanging Bodies at the Edge EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 9:07 pm

At the edge of Cormanthor, not far from the road leading to Castle Krag. Five bodies would be found hanging from a towering tree, these remains are clad in scale armor bearing the symbol of the Grey Scales. Carved into their foreheads would be the words "Murderer, Deceiver, Usurper".
Back to top Go down
MasterSilke

MasterSilke

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Bodies at the Edge   Hanging Bodies at the Edge EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 9:17 pm

As he makes his way through his customary meanderings, the red-garbed bard pauses and lifts a brow upon noticing the gruesome scene. He adjusts his hat and narrows his eyes as he peers at the carvings.

"Always a bright ray of sunshine the Dales are..." he mutters to himself with a scrunched nose.

He then takes a quick gander around the vicinity to see if others are present or if there is anything else of note before  continuing on his way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Bodies at the Edge   Hanging Bodies at the Edge EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 9:56 pm

Passing through on his way to gauge the skill of the undead near Krag, Isendur would run into Emrys at the scene.

"By the Seldarine! What happened here?"

The elven paladin would look the man over for blood or any signs of a fight.
Back to top Go down
MasterSilke

MasterSilke

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Bodies at the Edge   Hanging Bodies at the Edge EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:33 pm

Emrys flicks his gaze to the elf, habitually fiddling with his hat. He appears to be unscathed, only faint traces of dirt on his boots and trousers from trekking along dirt roads.

"Not rightly sure, to be honest, mate," he says looking back up to the hanging men. "Though it seems these poor sods ended up aggravating someone."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Bodies at the Edge   Hanging Bodies at the Edge EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:50 pm

Follows Emrys's gaze to the mercs, and shakes his head with a sigh.

"Well...it's a shame they met such a gruesome fate, but...I have an idea who did it..."
Back to top Go down
MasterSilke

MasterSilke

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Bodies at the Edge   Hanging Bodies at the Edge EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 10:57 pm

"And who are you wagering is the culprit?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Bodies at the Edge   Hanging Bodies at the Edge EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 11:15 pm

"My bet would be on the Vivar mercantile company."

Sighs and shakes his head.

"If this back-and-forth between them doesn't stop, we're going to have a Cormyrian war waged on Dale soil."

((Next part with DM approval. If not, Isen would pass the conversation back to Emrys.))

"Would you help me in getting these bodies down? I'd like to put them to rest."

With or without Emrys's help, Isen would get the bodies down. Anyone else approaching would see him attempting to get them ready for a burial.
Back to top Go down
MasterSilke

MasterSilke

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Bodies at the Edge   Hanging Bodies at the Edge EmptyFri Aug 01, 2014 11:26 pm

The bard lightly chews on his lower lip as the elf offers his thoughts, dipping his head in a small nod shortly thereafter.

"Aye, s'pose I can do that. Can't say I got any pressing matters or the like at the moment"

He then assists Isen in lowering the five corpses and any other preparations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Bodies at the Edge   Hanging Bodies at the Edge EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 1:54 am

"Thank you, I appreciate the help. So a bit of history here...these guys are the Grey Scales, a mercenary group from Cormyr. They claim to be protectors of the crown, and are accusing the Vivars of being usurpers to the crown. However, the Vivars are working with the Purple Dragon Knights - the royal infantry unit. I don't know why they're all here in the Dales, but they're constantly striking at each other."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hanging Bodies at the Edge   Hanging Bodies at the Edge Empty

Back to top Go down

Hanging Bodies at the Edge
Page 1 of 1