Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A throne in farms of Shadowdale

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

A throne in farms of Shadowdale Empty
PostSubject: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 5:46 am

The traveler Karovir can be seen at the Shadowdale farms gathering rocks and piling them together. After a while of gathering he starts to arrange them in a certain order. People who are familiar with his faith would certainly guess that he is building a throne of rocks.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 6:24 am

Aureco stops by this man who builds and then he contemplates, watching quietly as the man works. Whether he had an idea or not of what was being done is unclear.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 8:51 am

Karovir would offer a nod and a short wave if he sees the watching elf.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 5:57 am

It does not take long until the shrine has been finished. Karovir examines his work a last time then sits down on the thrown for a little rest. He would politely greet any farmer who passes by.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 6:19 am

Once he seems to have finished his work, the sun elf male walks over and nods.
"Greetings. Interesting work you have here. I was curious about the story behind such a depiction if you are willing to educate me" The elf offers as he gestures to the rocky throne.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:43 am

As the elf comes closer Karovir nods to him once again:

"Of course I would be glad to tell you. You certainly know Shaundakul, the rider of the winds and helping hand. His priests and faithful travel a lot and visit many places especially secret and mysterious ones but of course not only. Whenever they find a place which hasn't been visited before they build a rock shrine in the shape of a throne."

He pauses a moment stroking his beard then continues:

"You see I am no priest of Shaundakul. But I am a faithful. Even though I traveled these lands for years and even though it is said that Shaundakul personally wanders in the Cormanthor sometimes and speaks to travelers I have not found any shrine nor temple for him. The old temple in Myth Drannor lies in the ruins and may be a ruin itself. The least I can do is build these shrines for those of my faith and for travelers. I have build several shrines all over the Dales and the Cormanthor. Use them to pray or leave a note if you need a helping hand."
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 am

"Impressive" He states before pausing for a moment then resumes. "I seem to have seen such shrines made of rock a little about everywhere. Were those your doing as well?"
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:15 am

He nods at the elf's question.

"Yes, my doing. Sometimes I drop some useful things near the shrines for travelers who might need it. Water in the desert for example. If you like you can look out for the shrines and tell me where you found them. I will give you a reward for any shrine you found."

(Tell him in game or send me a PM please since my character offers this little quest to others too Wink)
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:37 am

"I will endeavor to do such. I do enjoy traveling. Name's Aureco of House Arivaela'ruar." He nods politely.

He then tells him of a few places he's seen Rock Shrines at.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:45 am

Karovir listens to the spots Aureco tells him of and raises a brow:

"One is right. The other one I can't remember. Maybe someone else built a shrine there? I have to visit it. One you found for sure. But there are many more. I will give you 1000 gold coins for the one you found. If the second spot has indeed another rock shrine you will get another 1000 gold. If you find a third or even more I will offer you something else than gold."

He then extends his hand to the elf.

"Karovir Allamandar, sometimes known as Raa or Windwalker. Does your house not usually live in Myth Drannor? I have never seen you there. I know a few of your house though like My'manir and Ryniesta."
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 8:51 am

"Karovir Allamandar? Aren't you the Arms-Captain of the Akh'Velahr?" He then nods. "I actually have been there for years, ever since we first built our camp there. I just have never come out much, only to perform a few journeys seeking some lore, otherwise I've been mostly locked up in my tent... I'm a wizard" He smirks slightly.

"As for the gifts in money, they are appreciated donations towards my many projects indeed"
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 9:06 am

Karovir smirks and shakes his head:

"I was the arms-captain but I left a while ago. They never made an official announcement which only shows how less I and my work was worth for them. Somehow the soldiers at least all seemed to know quickly about me quitting or no one wondered why the arms-captain is never around."

He winks and pulls back his hand, noticing that the elf probably isn't used to hand-shakes.

"I am pleased to meet you. Wizard you say? Well then I might have a few other rewards which could be of interest to you. For now I hope the gold will serve your projects well. Care to tell me more about them?"

He tosses a pouch of gold over to the elf.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 5:16 pm

"I am raising founds for a new block of Apartments in Myth Drannor. Figures that the citizens would enjoy it, asides from providing a place for adventurers and tourists to stay at that might not be satisfied with the accommodations of the Traveling Star" He explains.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyWed Aug 06, 2014 5:57 pm

"This sounds like a good project and I am glad to contribute some. Here is the gold for the other shrine you mentioned."

He offers him another pouch of gold.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 1:54 pm

"You have my thanks"  He says as he accepts the pouch of gold. "I will find you should I run into any other rock shrines" The elf smiles before he nods and takes his leave.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale EmptyThu Aug 07, 2014 5:02 pm

"Safe travels and warm not stinky breezes to you." Karovir nods and then gets up from the shrine to move on as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A throne in farms of Shadowdale   A throne in farms of Shadowdale Empty

Back to top Go down

A throne in farms of Shadowdale
Page 1 of 1