Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

DM Mirror

Go down 
AuthorMessage

DM Mirror   Empty
PostSubject: DM Mirror    DM Mirror   EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 7:58 am

MISSION: My mission, as a DM, is to bring the everyday aspect of role playing to life for role players in this community.  I enjoy building stories with and around characters and players who immerse themselves in the environment.  Wrapping puzzles into words and metaphor and supporting a character's journey through the world of Dalelands from the yawning of waking up to the good night of the evening.  I also enjoy a slow pace and organic growth to characters and plots.  It gives me a chance to get to know the characters and the players behind the characters, what they both enjoy and grow from there.  I enjoy creativity and expression, social interactions and role played adventure, playing the NPC farmer who's cow you milk,building an adventure around a character's personal story and background, among other things.  Simply put, my mission is to support the role players who enjoy playing their characters as if they are living them out in game and making that experience fun and immersive.

MY GUIDELINES: Stay in character and as little OOC chatter as possible.  I am an immersive role player myself and distractions are just that, distractions.  No offense meant by that, just how I am.  The rules of the game of Dungeons and Dragons are there for a reason, but my main focus is on the story and the story being written together with the players involved.  The most important things I look for in my events and plots are this:

Be kind and encouraging to your fellow players.  Include their ideas and make them your own.  Build off their input and give your input freely, playing off of each other creatively to develop the world around you together.

Slow down.  Relax.  Kick up your feet and just be your character for awhile.  There's no rush to get anywhere or to do anything.  Enjoy yourself and your character together with me.

You want to do something creative and far fetched?  I want to do it with you.  But I have high expectations for what I look for to make big and world changing things happen.  I expect my players to play and build upon our stories in-between sessions together and present that role play they want me to include in our next session in the form of screen shots or chat logs that I can review and work in.

Please, do not rest unless resting is granted.  It is immersion breaking to do things otherwise.  It also ruins important challenges and situations involving exhaustion and other things which can lead to some epic stories between characters.

PERSONAL REQUESTS: I do take personal requests, but I make requests personal.  I work slowly and I work thoroughly to involve your character in the style of play that I describe above.  If you do not enjoy this pace or deep immersion, I am happy to find a better fit for you on the DM team to fit your needs.

My preferred play times are 5am - 11am M - F (US EST or GMT -5 or -4 depending on the time of year and daylight savings times).  I am available on some weekend times by request.

CONCLUSION: I am a slow paced, collective story writing based DM interested in personal and heavy immersion role play.  If you are the type of player that enjoys this style, then I am the DM for you.  I respect creativity and kindness, encouragement and challenge in unique ways in the game of Dungeons and Dragons.

In exchange for supporting this style of play, I expect you the player to pick up and own the stories we write together and work them into your sessions in-between our time time together, to encourage and work with your fellow role players to build a larger story together and to have as much fun as possible in the collective story writing experience we will have together.

I look forward to gaming with you!

*hat tip to Bg and their crew for the format*
Back to top Go down

DM Mirror
Page 1 of 1