Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ADM lightforge Up Comming Events

Go down 
+8
SaphyrBlaze
DrunkenSolamnic
Eizendur
Aidan Airna
Xeneize
Kaalos003
White Rose
ADM Lightforge
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eizendur

Eizendur

ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 9:51 am

// Withholding all interactions on Elric's part. //
Back to top Go down
Ticladesign

Ticladesign

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 10:47 am

// DB mission statement - forum rp is not a replacement for IG rp.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 12:33 pm

i will be replying to the above two posts when i get back home. i ask that no one else please post in here until i have replied, and shared my thoughts and given my explanation. which i will not deny i am a little bit disheartened that such is not evident and obvious.
Back to top Go down
Eizendur

Eizendur

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 3:17 pm

In the interest of the community it would better if you convey this "Disheartening" in a pm.
I am willing to go public if you'd like but censorship would probably ensure a one voice debate.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 4:16 pm

Eizendur wrote:
In the interest of the community it would better if you convey this "Disheartening" in a pm.
I am willing to go public if you'd like but censorship would probably ensure a one voice debate.

Ill do one better and convey it here. I am disheartened at myself for more putting forward my idea in such a way where you the players did not had a clear cut view of what I was doing, and misjudge my intent.

So I will just lay it all on the table ( without revealing spoilers)

My plan was this:

Continue rp in forum up to a planned happening (wont spoil the surprise)

After the something happened in the forum rp (which was pretty much very very close to happening) the rp will require the players gathered in the halls to split into two parties to deal with... two planned things (this is me using the forum rp to split the group into parties of players in the same time zone and them me running two events to close this storyline both of which would be happening at the same time ic wise.) 1 event being for eu time zone players the other being for us time zone players, allowing both sides to meet up on a day an time suited for them, and no one being left out of the story, because I try my hardest to keep those in a story of mine, in it, and hopefully as the above shows I dont mind staying up very late to do that.

Thats me plan.

But I would like to touch base on one thing.

Quote :
// DB mission statement - forum rp is not a replacement for IG rp.

It can however in my opinion be a great tool when rp in game with characters is not possible due to time zones or other such limitations, to allow rp to continue, including said characters and excluding no one, after all no one wants to exclude other players from a story they are apart of, right?

Anyhow, hope to see you all in game or in the forums, for those players that rely on forum rp to get them though a day at work, you know who you are Wink
Back to top Go down
Eizendur

Eizendur

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 4:28 pm

So just for clarity's sake the IG events are not cancelled?

If so i praise you for this.
The hardest thing for someone to do is admit they have erred.
It is a great sign of humility , benevolence and wisdom to do so.

I apologize for my own part in the misunderstanding and hope i did not discourage you.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 4:49 pm

They never were going to be canceled, I was trying to get the rp to a point where I could split the group into two, but without giving away any of my surprises. Next time to save head ack and player misunderstanding ill just make sure the structure is more easy to see and not so well hidden.

And no Smile

Im not discouraged at all, I see an issuie I can fix, I address it, I dont like dancing around the bush. I am a new adm so I dont mind it, hopefully in time youll come to know me more and how I work, so no hard feelings.

Just dont be so quick to judge is all, as there stuff I keep hidden from you lot for the fun factor in my storytelling/events.

See you in game Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 10:17 pm

Sometimes people have to bite the bullet and miss out on events. I had to miss out on around two months of RP entirely because of my work schedule. When the set date for this final event was this past Friday, I accepted the fact that I would be missing out (even if Elric is one of Milo's dearest friends.) Life gets in the way of scheduling, and that's just how it goes.

With that said, I think that resorting to forum RP over in-game RP kind of defeats the purpose of having in-game RP in the first place. Why even bother at all? Schedule conflicts are a common thing, so if we're going to do one event on the forum, then we'd have to do more and more. Eventually it will get to a point where forum RP is the bulk of it, and in-game events are used for "the special stuff."

This is, of course, just my own speculation on things. Other than Elric, I don't know which characters have been playing important roles in the plot, so I can't say "go ahead and leave so-and-so out." But at the same time, like I said before, sometimes we have to deal with missing out because of scheduling issues.

If this comes off as rude in any way, that's not my intent. I'm just trying to think realistically.
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 14, 2014 10:57 pm

The only thing I was trying to point out is the steps of the events. The sword has to first have the disenchanted spell cast on it first (either IG or the forums) then the forge breaking (either IG or the forums). Can't do one thing without the other. So I appreate the DM working to include everyone. I am happy to accept either IG or forum RP personally. Just lmk when and where you need me. Thanks dm!
Back to top Go down
KingOfAquilonia

KingOfAquilonia

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 12:17 am

If it comes down to it and I can't be around for whatever part of the event Kal would likely be there with (with Maura) its not a huge deal if he gets left out as up to this point I haven't been a part of this RP at all. I was just made aware that Maura is likely to be there and being that Maura is the person who means most to Kal and the sword is dangerous Kal would be there to protect her.

Hope we can all have fun bros and brodettes : )
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 7:44 am

Cool, alright then, so we continue in the forum for now to get to the point where I can split the party up? It really wont be long, and then we can arrange days and times for the wrap up events.
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 9:55 am

jalmynar wrote:
The sword has to first have the disenchanted spell cast on it first (either IG or the forums)....

Well there is a much easier spell for that. It would be first needed to be cast on Elric, to remove any of the Effects on him, and then to any that touch the sword.

((See Player Handbook))

Page 207
Break Enchantment
Abjuration
Level: Brd 4, Clr 5, Luck 5, Pal 4,
Sor/Wiz 5
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 minute
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Targets: Up to one creature per level, all
within 30 ft. of each other
Duration: Instantaneous
Saving Throw: See text
Spell Resistance: No

This spell frees victims from enchantments, transmutations, and curses. Break enchantment can reverse even an instantaneous effect, such as flesh to stone. For each such effect, you make a caster level check (1d20 + caster level, maximum +15) against a DC of 11 + caster level of the effect. Success means that the creature is free of the spell, curse, or effect. For a cursed magic item, the DC is 25. If the spell is one that cannot be dispelled by dispel magic, break enchantment works only if that spell is 5th level or lower. For instance, bestow curse cannot be dispelled by dispel magic, but break enchantment can dispel it. If the effect comes from some permanent magic item, such as a cursed sword, break enchantment does not remove the curse from the item, but it does frees the victim from the item’s effects. For example, a cursed item can change the alignment of its user. Break enchantment allows the victim to be rid of the item and negates the alignment change, but the item’s curse is intact and affects the next creature to pick up the item—even if it’s the recent recipient of the break enchantment spell.
Back to top Go down
Eizendur

Eizendur

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:09 pm

Keep it IC/IG =)
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 1:58 pm

Eizendur wrote:
Keep it IC/IG =)

Psst, this is a ooc area, so its ok ;D
Back to top Go down
Eizendur

Eizendur

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 15, 2014 7:06 pm

A paladin can cast this spell... (didn't see that)
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 5:34 pm

Troubles at the Crossroads

ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 YG55h3lmdEkqQWZV6JXZX3RjPqmRzhNnAymMx729JzMPPP23piPpn6qzMTPWDBSgbnACtD95tA9Me9vg6tSKjWg=h200

Date: 13/2/2015 friday

Time:... Some Time best rp online lots not to miss it Smile

Level Range: 20+

Disclaimer:

Dark Horror Event, do not attend if you are sensitive to things of a Dark Nature.

Selective Party There is going to be a max of 5 players that will be able to go though all of the event, and those players will be picked according to condition that the players wont know about, if you dont end up in this event, do not take it personally.

Custom DM Stuff: Due to the nature of the story in this event, the players that end up in it will end up someplace where things wont be working as they normally would in D&D.... no spoilers... but it will add a challenge.
Back to top Go down
SaphyrBlaze

SaphyrBlaze

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 11:01 pm

Oo! Hopefully, Maura can participate. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://saphyrblaze.deviantart.com/
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 7:15 am

Ooo sounds fun!
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 4:52 pm

I would love to be a part of this. It all will depend on when.
That day I am up at 5 am Texas time ( central US) and home at 7:30 Pm.
If this works , I will gladly suffer the 'slings and arrows of outrageous fortune' ( thank Shakespear ) that this event might bring.
If the time does not , then enjoy it ... while my guitar gently weeps ( Beatles) .
White Rose Elektra fighter mage of Red Knight ( lev 24)
Or maybe Rana Rue 0ld Malar Hag with bad attitude ( lev 20)
Back to top Go down
KillRaven007

KillRaven007

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 09, 2015 8:15 pm

Locutus N'astrazberron (Lv25) would love to attend the event.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 5:47 pm

My next days off are sat - Tuesday. I'll be online most of the time so if you need to speak to one of my npcs or finish up something with me I'd be happy too I'll also be looking to try and arrang A Shadowdale War Council Meeting So those with characters involved in that please post which day and time is best for you.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 19, 2015 11:55 pm

Elektra has been eager to meet with Asha for two reasons
Discuss her part in the defense of Shadowdale , including the strategy she has to offer.
And lifting her ban totally.

My only days off this week are Sunday all day , Wednesday and Thursday all days or nights.

Love to play when we can.

White Rose
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 4:45 am

Warcounil meeting event will be done sunday sometime when I see enough players online.

small personal rp ill be doing from today (after I had some sleep! dem night shifts) to tusday so if you see me online and im free ill try my best to get around to everyone.
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 4:12 pm

Warcouncil Event will be at 22:00 GMT ( 1 hour 38 mins from post time)
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 5:39 pm

due to server death/crash I will be doing the event in the forums

https://dalelandsbeyond.rpg-board.net/t30065-the-dale-war-council-meeting-rp-thread#259430
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ADM lightforge Up Comming Events   ADM lightforge Up Comming Events - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

ADM lightforge Up Comming Events
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2