Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Shadowdale Undead Events

Go down 
+8
DM_Sapphire
KingOfAquilonia
Demon2k3
Fincaen
jalmynar
DeepFriedMoose
DM_Vox
cyurn
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

The Shadowdale Undead Events Empty
PostSubject: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 4:33 pm

Hello everyone,

As you may be aware, our HDM Sapphire is away, and with her goes the undead plotting she was overseeing. I’m certain many of you would like to see that through and completed and I agree. So I’ll be picking up the helm/semi-helm.

Now, I am not nearly as talented as the good Sapphire, Carbuncle and Lightforge, and I cannot do 20+ people events. I just can’t guys, it’ll end in tears and everyone miserable. So I have devised a plan to ensure everyone is going to get a taste of the undead event, without all the crowding.

I will be dividing the plot into multiple events, and each event will cater to a limited number of people. I will then be running these events with these set parties. In doing so, I will be able to give each one of you the attention you deserve and you will be able to contribute to the event without all the pushing and shoving that large events suffer from.

In order for this to work, I am going to need your help. It will require patience and cooperation. It will take some waiting to get to your event, and once you are doing your event I recommend keeping notes so you can tell your epic tales to the larger group later on. You will be relying upon people in other groups to find pieces of the puzzle and share them, other people in turn will be relying on you to complete your quests and share with them. This is a group effort, so be certain to work with each other.

So this is how we are going to do this. I will be giving you a list of events. Each event will be a different ‘flavor’ of event. (I may do multiple of a similar event if I have 20 people wanting one type.) PM me with your preferred events, your 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice. I am doing this first come, first serve. I will then place you in the events and make a list of each event group. Once in groups we will work out times. You are only allowed to participate in ONE event, with ONE character. No alts in another group or alt accounts. Please keep in mind I am running several smaller events for the sole purpose that everyone gets a chance. We need to make certain we have room for everybody. (And the less groups I have to run, the better on my sanity.)

Events:
Event A: Riddles/puzzles. High skill-roll based.
Event B: Classic Dungeon Crawl: (may be divided into two, depending on level sign up)
Event C: Scouting: (sneak/non-combat)
Event D: Boss Fight: Dice rolls (may be divided into two, depending on level sign up)
Event E: Boss Fight: Mechanical (May be divided into wo, depending on level sign up)
Event F: Picking up the pieces. (Healing, building, the processes of putting the town back together)

How do I sign up?: PM me the following
Logging name:
Character name:
Character Level:
First Event Choice:
Second Event Choice:
Third Event Choice:

I will try to keep groups with a low of 4 people, and a high of 7.

If you want to help me out, the very best thing you can do for me is making certain people reach this post, sign up, contribute, and share information. Reach out to people and double-check they are feeling included, talk with people ICly and see if they’ve been informed. Start conversations ICly, post this link OOCly, get this event spread both ICly and OOCly as far and wide as we can.

Please keep in mind, this is a massive undertaking. I am going to need a lot of time and will be dropping some things off my plate to help bring this massive quest to a close. Your patience with me is appreciated, and as always if you have any questions feel free to ask.
Back to top Go down
cyurn

cyurn

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 6:14 pm

This looks very good - a question though to know which ones are realistically possible for us non-US-timers: which - if any - of these events will be catering to EU-players or have EU-friendly times?
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 6:21 pm

My weekends are usually wide open, so when it comes to times and we have some EU people, I'll probably use weekends to do some late/early events so you guys have a chance.
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyThu Jun 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Thank you, Vox, for having the courage to take on something so big!!! I hope all your events flow well!
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyFri Jun 19, 2015 10:33 am

Things going well so far guys. We're getting a good spread in interest which means the parties are still small.

However I still have a lot of people I'm waiting to respond. Remind people, ask around, get those responses in. The sooner I have everyone the sooner we can begin.

Also, if you have a 'flavor' you feel has been left out, add it to your PM. You never know, I might need an extra event and find your idea fits perfectly.
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyMon Jun 22, 2015 8:51 am

I'm going to start getting things rolling here soon guys. If you haven't signed up yet. *stares at some of you* ..Do so. Unless you don't want to of course.
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyTue Jun 23, 2015 3:32 pm

So I was sitting waiting for classes to start today, making a list of people who have yet to contact me. (yes, I know who you are, and I've noticed your absence) and it came to my attention...it is absolutely impossible to join in on these events if you play a villainous slime-ball of a character.

To fix this. i'll be adding another Event.

Event G: Villainy (Join the Dark-Side)

If anyone wishes to change their group, please contact me. Otherwise, continue on. We are currently still in the "low party" numbers, and I haven't had to break anything up too much. 25 players are currently signed up and oddly enough you guys seem to have an even spread of what events you want to partake in. So good job.

**As for another question. Yes. The healing/saving/diligent work you have participated in thusfar counts. NPCs will recognize what you've done, and it may even be connected to said events. I'm not just shoving your hard-earned well-written forum posts in the corner.

Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 11:26 am

Ok. The following instructions are very important so read them carefully.

Here are the groups, thusfar. I will still add people should you wish to add on. Double check for your name to make certain nothing has been left out!

I will leave this up for a short while to let people see where they stand. Please let me know if there are any errors. I divided groups based on level and interest.

If you are displeased with the group, or you have some problems them you may PM me and we can regroup. However, please keep in mind that if I have all 30 of you swapping around it'll make my head explode. Please keep this option available for people who truly need to use it.

Party A: Riddles
Event Title: A Head of the Restless

Elektra/30
Arran/23
Gwenneth/18
Hawkley/28

Party B1: Dungeon Dive (low level)
Event Title: Petty, Petty, Princesses....

Jerrek/12
Meadowflower/12
Joselle/18
Conrad/13

Party B2: Dungeon Dive (mid level)
Event Title: ...and their pets.

Esponita/21
Zepher/21
Amalee/23
Kitty/21
Gruum/21

Party B3: Dungeon Dive (high level)
Event title: The Good, The Bad, and The Undead.
Angelus/30
Cleo/30
Wester/30
Ardylan/29

Party C: Scouting
Event Title: A Matter of Perspective

Sordoc/29
Mineva/30

Party D: Dice-Roll Boss-fight
Event Title: Defaced

Kasia/30
Jay/30
Jonah/16

Party E: Mechanical Boss-fight
Event: In Love and War

Vincent/30
Kalthanar/30
Voltare/30
Kitara/30
Sara/30

Party F: Fixing Shadowdale
Event: From the Ashes

Sylira/20
Maura/28

Group G: Villainy (If you asked. your in it.)
Event title: Unknown
Censored

For the record, you need not worry about Group G coming around and stabbing you in the back. I am not posting the names for the sake that some characters may be meta'ed into the ground should their activities be known. Some things demand discretion.

Schedualing

I cannot schedule you all at once. So I will be doing it two at a time.

GROUP A, and GROUP C. You are first.

PM me with the following, and I need you to be down to the letter on this format to help me.

Days of the Week available:
Times Available (IN EST TIME):
Timezone you are in:

Please, please, please convert to EST for me, it makes things sooo much easier and I have to do quite a few of these.

**I will be keeping an eye on you over the pond people and seeing where you land. We will plan accordingly and we may swap some things around to ensure your inclusion.

Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 2:00 pm

So hey curious question...as this is a big deal for the end of the undead plot are these or some of these events pk possible events? Not that I personally mind. Having my toon die while heroically fighting the big fight would be kind of cool imo. Just wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Fincaen

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 8:02 pm

jalmynar wrote:
So hey curious question...as this is a big deal for the end of the undead plot are these or some of these events pk possible events? Not that I personally mind. Having my toon die while heroically fighting the big fight would be kind of cool imo. Just wanted to know.

I'm curious as well. I've been considering the possibility of letting Milo go.
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 8:18 pm

These is not a perma events. While I'm a big fan of perma events, I like such events to be more drawn out and have more character to them. I'm afraid I can't possibly give everyone the kind of attention that would require for me to be comfortable to call a perma.
Back to top Go down
Fincaen

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptySun Jun 28, 2015 8:23 pm

No worries. Thanks for the answer ^_^
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 11:38 am

So close to getting the first round schedualed guys. Thank you for hanging in there. This is a lot of paperwork.

GROUP C: You guys rock. All turned in your times

GROUP A: I will be hunting some of you down at the end of the day...you know who you are. Turn in your times.
Back to top Go down
Demon2k3

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 1:37 pm

Just a clarification, Angelus level is 20, not 30, think you misread that in the PM i sent, but he's a templar and pretty solidly geared.
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 3:28 pm

...Oh. Wellllll we may do some moving of you then so you fit in with your level.
Back to top Go down
KingOfAquilonia

KingOfAquilonia

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyWed Jul 01, 2015 11:08 pm

I don't have a set schedule Vox, just let me know when the event Kal is in is the next one in line and I'll tell you what times I'm available that week. Or give me enough time in advance and I'll just schedule myself off that day.
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 6:58 am

Alright guys we are finally moving forward!

Group B1 and Group B2 (low/mid level dungeon dive)

PM me with your times. Remember to use the formula above so it makes it easier for me.
Back to top Go down
DM_Sapphire

DM_Sapphire

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 7:28 am

Group B3 (Not including Angelus, as Vox has said he's moved), please PM me what times you are available after this Saturday, July 11th.
Back to top Go down
Snakers

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 7:18 pm

Apparantyl I havn't reached the post limit to send PMs yet. I'd like to sign one of my characters up for the villainy event...and my life has stabilized so i should be free most any day/time but Sundays.
Back to top Go down
Fincaen

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 7:27 pm

hello

i sent in a sign up PM but I don't see Milo listed anywhere
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 7:29 pm

I have an excel sheet to keep everyone organized. And you are on it.
Back to top Go down
Fincaen

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 7:44 pm

whew! thank you ^_^
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptySat Jul 11, 2015 4:25 pm

Group A was supposed to start about a half hour ago..if your seeing this and still want to participate. Get on.
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 4:56 pm

We will be starting Group B1 in 5 minutes
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 11:01 am

Ok. So its been a while huh?

I'm going to ask for B2 Group's times again. It's been some time and people's scheduals may have changed.

So I want the following AND ONLY THE FOLLOWING please. If you flood my inbox I won't be able to read anyones things.

[b]Group B2:

Days available:
Times available (in EST time):

Edit: I forgot I already did group c! I'll be posting the next group soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Shadowdale Undead Events   The Shadowdale Undead Events Empty

Back to top Go down

The Shadowdale Undead Events
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next