Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn Empty
PostSubject: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptyWed Dec 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Behind Milo walks a man in silvery plate armor bearing the sigil of Kelemvor. Behind him walk several more men in dark plate armor, likewise bearing Kelemvor's symbol. They carry arms and provisions, and they appear to intend to stay in Shadowdale for some time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 4:50 pm

((Need the DMs in charge of Shadowdale faction and Undead plot to get with me on this. The plan is to have the regiment meet with the elders and discuss battle plans. I'm hoping the arrival of Kelemvorites helps to rekindle excitement for this plot, and anyone else is free to pick up RP here.))
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 4:56 pm

(( bare with me, kinda need Mirror for this, and with the X Mas period nearly on us, may be a lil bit of a delay, but we will try an be with you asap. ill so edit this post later into my ic post when I get to chat with mirror on this.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptyThu Dec 18, 2014 5:13 pm

((All good. I just wanted to make it known that there's still efforts being made toward this plot! dont lose hope, everyone!))
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 11:21 am

Sylira Fry watched the battle-tested veterans file into the Old Skull, and talked briefly with Milo, the paladin who seemed to be in charge. There was going to be a lot of needs if and when the battle came...while Lira knew that she was not going to be leading any charges or slaying a dracolich, there was a lot of organization to be done.

She went down to the Shadowdale Hospital that sister Laura had told her about and went in, identifying herself as a priestess of Torm. She wanted to see what the facilities were, how many beds, what supplies...all the endless minutiae of taking care of sick and soon-to-be wounded people. Battles went better if the warriors knew that their fallen comrades were being tended to.

If there were supply limitations, she'd talk to Milo or that other paladin she had heard of, Michael. And if there was a need for more staff, well she'd start persuading other people. Working in the hospital was not glamorous, but saving lives was always worth the work.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 2:09 am

((Sorry for the extremely late response.))

"You are very kind to look after the well-being of the soldiers." Milo would beam a smile at her from under his thick beard. "I'm unsure about the amount of supplies here, but I know that an elf named Ravossel has been helping the Chautean temple in that regard for some time. Speak with her, or with Harvest Mistress Sophia of the temple, to learn more.

"Other than that, I'm still awaiting word about arranging a meeting between my brethren and the town elders. They grow weary and anxious while sitting around knowing that our most loathed enemies walk freely and unchallenged. I, too, long to enter the fray and put an end to all of this madness."

Unbeknownst to himself, Milo's smile had faded gradually as he spoke; a stern gaze and a heavy brow mark the man's face now.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 12:34 pm

Lira nodded absently as she pondered his words. "You are not the first to mention the Harvest Mistress to me. I shall have to have a chat with her."  The priestess tapped a quill against her chin as she considered Milo's expression. 

"Waiting - I've not been in Shadowdale long, but that is a common theme I think."  She chuckled lightly. "Patience is not a virtue that is universally practiced. Perhaps...perhaps your troops would consent to giving an exhibition of arms?  Lets them get some exercise in, helps inspire the townsfolk that they have strong defenders, and maybe inspire some of the local adventuring types to join in?"  She paused to gauge Milo's reaction.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 6:32 pm

He furrows his brow in thought, and his pursed lips hide under his whiskers.

"I suppose something of the sort could be arranged. What sort of exhibition would you suggest? A tournament is one option, but a tournament would likely be met with mixed opinion; on the one hand, such a thing could be good for easing the tension around here; on the other, some might take issue with making time for fun and games while death and destruction linger at the doorstep.

He shifts his weight to his other foot.

"But remember, these men are paladins, like myself. We must place first the needs of the townsfolk before our own recreation. We are also faithful followers of the Lord of the Dead; should the town need any help with ordinary funerary practices, or easing the pain of loss felt by family members, I'm sure the men would be more than happy to lend their services. The same goes for those currently residing in the hospital; preparing the dying for their journeys beyond this realm is something we Kelemvorites are trained for."

Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 7:51 pm

The priestess of Torm considered, a line appearing between her brows.  "A tournament?  Methinks that would be in appropriate at this time. Something more along the lines of martial drill - weapons practice, one-on-one tactics, something with crossbows at targets, perhaps a contest between the paladins and a like number of local bravos...that might interest folks and also provide good training?"  Lira chewed her lip a moment. 

"If we can draw some of the common folk to such a demonstration perhaps you can then inform people of the other duties and abilities of your Kelemvorites. And provide such to folks in need."  She smiled a little now, thinking that both the townsfolk and the adventurers might be drawn to participate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 9:25 am

"A great idea." He smiles assuringly.

"However, something of that nature would likely require discussion and approval from the elders. So we're back to waiting for a meeting with them." He lets out a gentle laugh, which might be surprising considering his enormous stature.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 10:24 pm

Lira looked at the huge Milo, surprise on her face, then she burst into a laugh. "Oh you must have enjoyed that sir!  Heh, turning my own words back on myself."  She let out a semi-dramatic sigh. "Now I must practice what I preached indeed. Well, I shall endeavor to do so!  There's usually something else to do as well as waiting."  The priestess pondered a few moments. "Will you petition the elders on this, sir Milo?  You already have business withr them aye?"

She looked at Milo then nodded to herself. "I would be glad to speak on the matter but twould be best from a martial fellow no doubt. But if you have any need of my aid, I'll either be at the hospital or at the temple of Chauntea - it's been recommended to me to seek out the Hearth Mother."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptySun Jan 18, 2015 4:37 pm

He looks down at her with soft eyes, a reassuring smile on his face.

"I'm sure I will have need of your voice at the meeting, for more than just getting the knights some exercise. The opinions of a clergy member should go far with the elders."

Last edited by Fincaen Londrulen on Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 1:52 am

((With the server up and running again I'd like to continue this, and set a day/time for a meeting between Milo, the Elders, and the Kelemvorites currently residing in the Inn. I'd like this to refrain from being a public forum, as it is meant to fill in the Kelemvorites on what's going on and figure out how they might help the situation. There have already been I think two public meetings on this already, and when I had initially brought up the Kelemvorites, I had things planned to coincide with those meetings. However, that was possible with the DM in charge of the Kelemvorite NPCs leaving the server. It's not that I want to exclude anyone, I just don't want the meeting going in several directions when the point is merely to bring the volunteers up to speed. That said, there are a couple other players who spoke with the commander of the paladins, and expressed a desire to sit in on the meeting.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptySun Feb 22, 2015 8:01 pm

((bump))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 8:31 pm

((now that my hiatus is officially over, I'm ready to get back into this.))
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 7:16 pm

Milo returns to the Inn to inform the Knights that a meeting has been arranged. He would then seek out Sylira to inform her as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn   Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn Empty

Back to top Go down

Milo leads a large group of warriors to the Old Skull Inn
Page 1 of 1