Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Myth Drannor my new home

Go down 
+2
DM_Vox
tjhyland
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
tjhyland

tjhyland

Myth Drannor my new home Empty
PostSubject: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyTue May 12, 2015 12:00 pm

Tasker Leah has been seen out and about the Myth Drannor area. What can be gathered from casual observation and conversation. He wears several styles of clothing, one would have been fashionable in Free Haven a few years back, another outfit of fine silk and embroidery in a simple tunic and pants and of course his leathers and weapons(not often). He is renting a room at the Traveling Star, the cheap one. When in his fine clothes he will not have any weapons visible (if you got a keen eye he does have a dagger concealed). He takes regular walks once or twice a day thru the Docks, Morning Farms, the refugee areas, and the City. During his walks he will make an effort to meet people and have conversation with them if they are willing. The conversation will be casual and polite. When the opportunity comes up he will find out; 1) Are they from the area(Free Haven refugee)? 2)Are they looking for work? 3)What skill/profession are they? 4)Do they call Myth Drannor Home now? Any that have positive dispositions towards any of the above he will record their name and a way to contact them. He will also determine if the person is in current need and will give them 10-30 gold (total not to exceed 2000). He will be discreet and will converse with individuals and will not speak to crowds. He will not go in any government or temple buildings, unless invited. He will also observe from afar any nobles or people of wealth that like to party.

///The skills he is looking for are bartender, waitstaff, dancing girls, Managers, general laborer. This won't be readily revealed in casual conversation. He will also be looking for Prostitutes and bouncers but will be VERY discreet with this. If he finds any Madamms or bar managers he will get more info from them and investigate what he can. These are the skills he is looking for in NPC's. He will reveal about himself is, he was born in Wyvernwater near Arabel Cormyr. A family tragedy (doesn't want to be specific) forced him to leave. He traveled to Waterdeep for a few years and then came here because his brother, Sedrin Leah settled here. (His sister, Catya did also but the PC is playing her lately) He is also a Locksmith, service he will also offer with discretion. Any questions from Officials he will say he is looking to open a business, anyone else he will say he is just gather information. You can occasionally see a scar in the palm of his right hand.

I'm hoping to create a place for political intrigue and debauchery for the wealthy in Myth Drannor, not really a guild but a more public front, if a guild develops from it there will be a separate post. Any of the staff that wants to support this let us know here so we can be aware of expectations.

Any PC's feel free to post here as well. I plan to keep this in forum until it gets more momentum.
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyFri May 15, 2015 2:11 pm

A few hooded figures are seen going in and out of the establishment. They keep a low profile, and otherwise are not very noteworthy.

However, rumor does begin to spread to those with an ear to the ground about more shady propositions. they are looking for...skilled, individuals. Those interested are to inquire within.
Back to top Go down
JmCruzan

JmCruzan

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyFri May 15, 2015 2:45 pm

Vincent Long Knives wanders in, making several inquiries in a discreet manner, in an attempt to get a meeting with the fellow looking for certain......help. The thief orders himself a pint of ale, figuring based on his looks alone, he might draw the attention of someone looking to hire him for the work in question. He does put a bug in the ear of those hooded figures to let their employer know where to find him.
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:33 pm

((I will PM you the intel once we have given others a chance to respond and join in.)
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:36 pm

Tasker enters and walks the room casually surveying the room and inhabitants. Today he is dressed in his out of style clothes. Seeing the gentleman at the bar decides to join him. "Greetings, names Tasker." Orders a whiskey.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyFri May 15, 2015 4:37 pm

ADM_Vox wrote:
((I will PM you the intel once we have given others a chance to respond and join in.)
Okay
Back to top Go down
JmCruzan

JmCruzan

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptySat May 16, 2015 3:28 am

Vinny sees Tasker enter and watches him as he approaches and greet him. "Ello mate. Names Vinny. Oi 'eard ye might be lookin for a fella with some skills." He produces a scroll from his pack and shows him. Its several years old, dating back to the zhentarim occupation of shadowdale. A business permit for Vincent, allowing the trades of locksmithing, pawning, and pipe weed sales. "its old, but its a resume' if ye will." He'd signal him in thieve's cant, in case he wishes to keep the remainder of conversation, covert.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:25 pm

Reads over the scroll, "Interesting, I am looking for people with skills." In cant, "Do you know, (signer of permit) personally or was it business? Do you have any contacts in Myth Drannor? Is the window in Shadowdale still being used?" Back to common, "Do you know any other languages?"
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptySat May 16, 2015 1:05 pm

((http://www.thievesguild.cc/english-to-thieves-cant; Since you wish to speak in cant, here is a simple vocabulary list to help embellish your cant. It is not required (As cant comes in both verbal and non-verbal.) But I found once I got over the hurdle of learning it, it really adds to the experience.))
Back to top Go down
JmCruzan

JmCruzan

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyMon May 18, 2015 1:03 am

well, the signer was an old zhent from years back. probably dead by now.
oi've got very few fixes in tha old song city, but a couple in tha old S.D. Oi'm pretty good as a box-man or rounder, or cannon. 'n oi speak draconic, elven, our little song, an common, 'o course
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyMon May 18, 2015 8:44 am

I too speak Elven also, lets keep that between us, along with Chondathan and Halfling as well. I see, well lets go somewhere we can get privacy. Lets go for a walk.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyMon May 18, 2015 8:44 am

ADM_Vox wrote:

((http://www.thievesguild.cc/english-to-thieves-cant; Since you wish to speak in cant, here is a simple vocabulary list to help embellish your cant. It is not required (As cant comes in both verbal and non-verbal.) But I found once I got over the hurdle of learning it, it really adds to the experience.))

I'll take a look at it.
Back to top Go down
Tgproject

Tgproject

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyTue May 19, 2015 7:03 am

The boatman would bring Ando Klenson to the docks early in the morning. As they dock and the fee paid. Ando would make his way to the Traveling Star inn to purchase a room for the night. Later he would come out in common clothing and a bottle in his belt. He would then make some rounds around Myth, but mostly keeping near the docks. Ando would greet any passerby and initiate some small talk with them.

If anyone were to question on his visit he would just say. "Just work really. Something practical like manual labor. Something to keep me busy. Maybe a hole in need of plugging is around here. Heck even being a box-maner or pennyweighter would be enough to get some bits." He would chuckles slightly. "Mostly a lone wolf myself, but it would be better with others I guess. For now I'll be gettin' dirty near the docks" Ando would give a nudge to his bottle stuffed in his belt.

If Ando were to ever encounter the hooded figures he would try to invite them to chat and share in his drink.
Back to top Go down
JmCruzan

JmCruzan

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyFri May 22, 2015 2:44 pm

vincent would nod to him, letting him lead him to wherever such conversation could be had, ordering himself a goblet of wine before they went.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptySat May 23, 2015 1:02 pm

Tasker (if he should happen to hear of him) will approach and have a casual conversation about his skills and motivations. If things are favorable he will arrange a meetings at the docks with Vinny and him. He will pick a spot out of main traffic areas. When they arrive he will indicate the area around (cant - "This is not secure so business only").
"Well guys let me share with you my plans. I'm taking a huge risk with you but I'm hoping the dividends will make it beneficial. As you know Myth Drannor has had an influx of non elven folk. And many are staying and becoming part of the community. What this means is opportunity. I would like to open a Dance Hall with Exotic/Erotic Dancers. This will be a front for a more intimate atmosphere and catered to clientele wishing discretion and semi privacy. I hope to find some people displaced by the Freehaven disaster that have skills in the service industry. I would like to find locals to run and staff the place, and we will be silent partners. This may take a while to get going so we will need some up front cash to keep it going. So what do you guys think? (In cant, the opportunities are endless)

///I don't really get this Cant page!

Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptySun May 24, 2015 4:30 pm

((Ok folks. That's enough time I think. Rogues PM me.

Edit: And by enough I mean enough time to gauge who is interested. Please continue your forum rp from here. It will not interfere with my plans, and we are still open for more.))
Back to top Go down
Z374

Z374

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptySun May 24, 2015 9:55 pm

Mineva sits in her usual spot, lounging on the inn's couch in the lobby. Upon seeing Vince and Tasker she raises a hand in greeting then makes another gesture after.

Vince, Tasker and anyone else familiar with Thieves Cant would recognize the last gesture as "Got work?".
Back to top Go down
http://sleepingwrath.deviantart.com/gallery/
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyTue May 26, 2015 12:45 am

Mineva will certainly get a response from Tasker. He will pull up a chair, "Well well look at this Vinny, what we got here a rounder or a pigeon plucker?"
Back to top Go down
Lady Crankenstein

Lady Crankenstein

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyTue May 26, 2015 2:18 pm

Red eyes would watch from across the room , from the fire place area.
There stands a teifling woman, quietly, and still. Her person seems to blend well with her surroundings somehow, still seen when one looks at her, yet easily ignored if one's mind is focused elsewhere.
Alasha 'Ur listens, with her wide vocabulary of languages, seeking to over hear information.
Back to top Go down
http://ladycrankenstein.wix.com/lady-crankenstein
Z374

Z374

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyTue May 26, 2015 8:01 pm

tjhyland wrote:
Mineva will certainly get a response from Tasker.  He will pull up a chair,  "Well well look at this Vinny,  what we got here a rounder or a pigeon plucker?"

She takes a drag from her cigarillo and vents the smoke through her nostrils as Tasker talks.  Y'seen what I can do, Tasker.  Don't act like m'some stranger.  M'just a scout.  Mineva says with a hint of amusement before she sips down some of her lager.
Back to top Go down
JmCruzan

JmCruzan

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyWed May 27, 2015 1:06 pm

*sips on his ale, during the conversation and upon seeing Mineva, gives her a sly smile, turning his attention back to Tasker* Yeah mate, tha loidee there is solid. Bit o' a lone wolf, but good. Good for ears for things mos' wanna keep secret, bit o' a tipster me thinks. *looks back over to her with a "this was the work i was telling you about" look*
-as for me, oi got lots a skills. oi can be a boxman, a cannon, a fence or a rounder. Oi dont do wet work though. makes me queezy.
Back to top Go down
Z374

Z374

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyWed May 27, 2015 1:38 pm

No wet work? No wonder y'are single. Guess y'will need t'work on that. She says with an amused tone before leaning in toward Tasker and Vince to murmur. Scout is just a general term'a course. M'skills are what kept me alive all m'years. Popping locks, trap removal, recovery and deployment, sneaking, being a look out, poisons, intel, so on and so forth. Let's not forget blade work.

Last edited by Z374 on Wed May 27, 2015 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lady Crankenstein

Lady Crankenstein

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyWed May 27, 2015 4:34 pm

At the mention of "Wet Work", Alasha's eyes light up with interest, and her fingers begin to twitch in some kind of rhythmic pattern.
Back to top Go down
http://ladycrankenstein.wix.com/lady-crankenstein
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyWed May 27, 2015 7:08 pm

*Tasker takes a deep breath and slowly exhales* "My, this is so interesting." *Looks around at the staff to see how they are reacting to the group*
Back to top Go down
JmCruzan

JmCruzan

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home EmptyFri May 29, 2015 1:59 am

*he smirks at Mineva's comment* seems lots of us be needin this kinda work. aint so many opportunities now days, ya know? oi just recently employed me a lil elven strumpet too, got 'er workin shadowdale. if this goes through, oi can let ye borrow 'er for a small fee o' course. *he eyes alasha as he sees her, curious if she is going to join them*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Myth Drannor my new home   Myth Drannor my new home Empty

Back to top Go down

Myth Drannor my new home
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next