Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Introductions In Order

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ambaryerno

Ambaryerno

Introductions In Order Empty
PostSubject: Introductions In Order   Introductions In Order EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 10:10 am

Well, been a while since I've done this, so I figured I ought to start by introducing myself.

After quite a long layoff, I've decided to give NWN2 another go. I've played on a number of servers and after the last one closed down I kind of gave up on finding another one. I mainly spent time on:

Baldur's Gate TSCC with two mains, a standard Fighter/WM build (can't remember his name), and Aethelthryth, the shy, claustrophobic Ranger (oh the fun when someone tried to FORCE her into a cave for a dungeon crawl). I also had two "gag" characters: Ga'ar the even dumber than usual Orc (some of his antics: He didn't think he was an Orc, and the first Gnome he ever met he thought was a doll and wondered where the batteries went. Ok, there was a touch of Deadpool in there, too), and a lunatic pyromaniac sorcerer who, if he were ever under a condition that granted a temporary WIS buff, would briefly regain his sanity until it wore off. He liked using AOE fire spells in close-combat. Aethel was the most fun to play because she was so meek, and grinding was very easy to RP as her "going hunting," but I got turned off TSCC by just how much powerbuilding was dominating the server, and just how ridiculously OPed the casters were (no gear above +3, which was ALREADY hard to come by, yet no corresponding nerf to casters to balance things out). Fighter builds were really pretty screwed.

Rise of Sauron: My first main was Daervegil, a soldier of Gondor (Fighter/WM) trapped in Eriador after a fact-finding mission north dispatched by Ecthelion went horribly wrong, and he decided to carry it out on his own, anyway. He sparked up a quick friendship with Eohwine of Rohan, and was involved with some major quests. Later after a time-skip (and some time off over some Lore issues. Evil creatures DO NOT REVERE VARDA), I played his...unbalanced daughter Gwemmegil who had a REALLY bad childhood (daddy died in the time skip, and she was raised by her petty, abusive uncle) and was noted as being a WELL-RPed Fighter/WM/FB. In some ways she was kind of like X-23: Ordinarily, she was a cool, disciplined fighter. However under the right circumstances (in other words, someone really, REALLY pissed her off) she would lose it and go berserk on anything around her. So her rages were always tied into RP. She was a LOT of fun to play and building towards quite some interesting things; Gwem was recruited by servants of the Enemy AND of the West. The latter was aware she was contacted by the Enemy and wanted her to act as a double-agent, however Gwem was just going to play both sides against the other to her advantage until she was forced to pick a side. She also made Bill Ferny piss himself. :-D Unfortunately, they decided to completely reboot the server, rework all the classes (unfortunately adhering much too close to base D&D even though it was VERY bad for Lore. Epic characters and LotR just don't mix. It also made her build impossible), and tossed out the prior continuity, so part of what made Gwem so fun to play (particularly the anticipation of Daervegil's old friends learning her true identity) was gone.

Legacy: The Dark Age of Britain: Ælfwina, a stranded Saxon shieldmaiden. This was probably my longest-lasting and favorite character to play. She was famed in-game for her ability to throw a spear (I had a LOT of very lucky skill checks. The first was an epic "Shoot the hostage-taker" scenario where she nailed a thug using a child as a human shield), and was quite popular among the rest of the locals. Of course, she had to keep her true identity a secret (a Saxon in Gwent wouldn't suvive very long), and just wanted to go home (she was stranded when the ship she was on foundered in the Channel). She eventually got drawn into the national politics when she came into the service of the Saxon lord overseeing the border, and who was part of the server's shift to a bit more realistic depiction of the relations between the Saxons and Britons, acting as his eyes and ears, and eventually rising to a high position. Unfortunately, the server folded not long after.

So, that's just a bit of my history in NWN2. I just couldn't get back into TSCC and the server RoS became after Legacy shut down so have been away for a while. But I figured I'd give it another go, so hope to see y'all in game!
Back to top Go down
DM_Vox
Assistant Moderator
DM_Vox

PostSubject: Re: Introductions In Order   Introductions In Order EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 10:15 am

'eeeeey Legacy! I remember you. Welcome. If you need anything just ask. There are no stupid PMs, only silly answers.
Back to top Go down
Ambaryerno

Ambaryerno

PostSubject: Re: Introductions In Order   Introductions In Order EmptyWed Sep 09, 2015 10:32 am

Thanks!

Man, I still miss that server. There was always some GREAT RP going on (though Red's status as barmaid after the inn burned down never got resolved ;-P ), and I loved the E8 system. It was so fair and balanced; yeah, some characters might have been better than others, but the divide between them was so narrow that everyone always had a chance in PvP no matter who you fought so long as you used your abilities well. ESPECIALLY once the revised system was put in place, with shields and weapons actually being able to BLOCK attacks rather than just relying on AC (I think Terrwyn was probably the closest a Legacy character got to godlike on the original server, and she got the biggest nerf under 2.0).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introductions In Order   Introductions In Order Empty

Back to top Go down

Introductions In Order
Page 1 of 1