Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A Prospective Mage

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ikaris-

Ikaris-

A Prospective Mage Empty
PostSubject: A Prospective Mage   A Prospective Mage EmptyFri May 13, 2016 6:24 pm

+++OOC Note to DM's, SD Mages, and affiliated players+++:

A tall fellow, Damaran by the look of him, has been seen and heard asking questions regarding the Mages Guild in Shadow Dale. Commonly seen wearing a rich, but travel worn wolf pelt, a golden circlet, and a short spear familiar to the north and east known as a Sovyna; the war device is an easily distinguishable weapon, sporting a curved iron-work blade barely half the size of the red metal haft which makes up the spear staff itself.

Reportedly, he leaves the name Sedira, and has been sited traveling the Crossroads, Two Forts, Myth Drannor, and Shadow Dale itself.

Varying comments report that he is seeking mages, or training, or knowledge; others might declare him as some Northern Lord seeking an audience, while others think him some manner of spy.

Rumors persist as bold and wide as they often do when an adventurer stirs his motives into a war torn land; whether associated with Drow, The Zhentarum, or Bandits and Brigands the one fact that endures is Sedira has been seeking out the representatives of this guild.

Last edited by Ikaris- on Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:43 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ikaris-

Ikaris-

A Prospective Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Prospective Mage   A Prospective Mage EmptySun May 15, 2016 3:16 pm

+Out-Dated RP+:

Last edited by Ikaris- on Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ikaris-

Ikaris-

A Prospective Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Prospective Mage   A Prospective Mage EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 5:52 am

Two gentleman are often seen sparring and training in the melee grounds in the Northern portion of Shadow Dale. Both are often clad in crimson reds, and both train with the Sovnya, a Damaran weapon familiar to a Halberd and a Spear.

Further and casual inquiries reveal them to be Sedira and Matthias, both of whom express an interest in joining the Shadow Dale militia. Sedira himself proclaims to be seeking representatives of the Academy, though he has not made a formal presentation as of yet.

They are further known to adventure north and east as well, but are rarely gone for an extended period of time, and make their stay at the Old Skull Inn in the central part of town.

Stalwart observation of their regime reveals noon sparing while the training fields are empty, followed by adventures to the north, with drinks in the evening. Their mornings are widely unpredictable, ranging from gossip to odd jobs accumulated from local adventurers or vendors.
Back to top Go down
Gorebash

Gorebash

A Prospective Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Prospective Mage   A Prospective Mage EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 2:01 pm

An oldish gnome in light blue clothing will lean on the fencing observing the pair sparing. Acroos the sholders of his tunic bear the markings of drill sergeant.

"So ya be tha pair aking a bit o' a mess wi' tha trainin' grounds. Ain't too much o' a worry, since we don't mind 'venturin' folk getin' some skill in."

He gives them an apprasing look between the pair.

"Got some experience in combat? an' heardtell there migh' be innerest in folks joinin' tha defenders o' tha town. Ya put in paperwerk ta tha Commander? Migh' be he's still buried under it all wi' thin's.

"Mind mos' rookies end up in me hands anyways."

The gnome looks close at the  Sovnya. 

"Fancy Lookin' spear ya got theer"
Back to top Go down
Ikaris-

Ikaris-

A Prospective Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Prospective Mage   A Prospective Mage EmptySat Jun 04, 2016 5:26 pm

The two gentleman exchange blows in a rhythmic pattern, their hand sliding up and down their weapons to accelerate a strike or a block accordingly. Of the two, the shorter man wearing a red gambeson appears the better fighter, although the fellow wearing a bleached tunic appears the leader.

Sordoc wrote:
"So ya be tha pair aking a bit o' a mess wi' tha trainin' grounds. Ain't too much o' a worry, since we don't mind 'venturin' folk getin' some skill in." He gives them an apprasing look between the pair.

The drill concludes just as the gnome speaks to them, and the fighter moves to a neat pile of gear, consisting of a folded cloak, a chain shirt, and boiled leather pauldrons; meanwhile, the taller fellow, approaches Sergeant Sardoc, and dips his head respectfully in greeting.

Sordoc wrote:
"Got some experience in combat? an' heardtell there migh' be innerest in folks joinin' tha defenders o' tha town. Ya put in paperwerk ta tha Commander? Migh' be he's still buried under it all wi' thin's.

"Mind mos' rookies end up in me hands anyways."

The gnome looks close at the  Sovnya.

"Fancy Lookin' spear ya got theer"

"That would make you an officer then," The tall Damaran fellow says, his hair is notably more silver than should be for his middling twenties, spots of brown still reflect a more natural color in his long bound hair and beard, however. "Well met sir, and yes, we've some experience between us."

The shorter fellow strides over, his build is much shorter and stockier than the Damaran fellow, and his hair is bound together in thick cord-like dreads and pulled over his head. He has the wild look of a Rashemi about him but his quiet mannerisms seem more akin to that of the Damaran fellow.

"This is Matthias, and I am Sedira." He gestures to the stocky fellow wearing the red gambeson and drinking from a water skin, and then to himself. "And this, is the Sovnya." He lifts the weapon he'd been training with to display.

The weapon is made of a metal shaft with a scimitar like-blade the length of which is half that of the pole set on it's end, there is one edge to the curved blade for slashing and a sharp point for thrusting.

A Prospective Mage Sovnya%201

"We'll have to tender a formal document of recruitment with this commander of yours, it seems, but in the mean time..." He gestures to the training yard, "My thanks for your allowance of our training here, we did not wish to interfere with your own regimes.

"I will confess it, my talent is in my arcane tricks more than my martial prowess." He adds, "I've seen battle mages amidst the town's numbers, is there a place for those who use both martial and magical means in the militia?"
Back to top Go down
Gorebash

Gorebash

A Prospective Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Prospective Mage   A Prospective Mage EmptyMon Jun 06, 2016 6:27 am

"A finger wiggler? Aye, always a space fer your sort, ain't many in tha militia. Migh' come in useful fer some o' tha pas' situations, havin' a mage about.

"We ain't got many, there is Gruum, bu' he's a tad...testuy, an' there is Caty...no' sure which patrol route she's been on., bu' a few more finger wigglers may be useful fer tha millitia."

He looks between the pair.

"Though, I do warn ya ahead o' time, due ta the rebuildin' werk, ain't much tha' can be offered except paperwerk, trainin' an' patrollin'. Tha town's tryin' ta get tha housin' an' tha hospital finished afore they sort out tha lesser buildin' werk. Hope tha' ain't too off puttin'?"

He gives a grin.

"It be a man's life in tha Town Militia, or so they say... I shoul' know, I train mos' o' em."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Prospective Mage Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Prospective Mage   A Prospective Mage Empty

Back to top Go down

A Prospective Mage
Page 1 of 1