Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Duergar attack on the refugee camp.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kira

Kira

Duergar attack on the refugee camp.   Empty
PostSubject: Duergar attack on the refugee camp.    Duergar attack on the refugee camp.   EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 5:25 am

After hours at his post Draada Durantar stood gazing though the flickering light down the tunnel toward the mushroom forest. He hated this post. No action ever comes from the mushroom forest he thought. After all, how would he be tested by malla Lolth and gain favor and power if is only adversaries where fungimen from the forest.

He let out an audible sigh and considered passing the time by having his men practice at dueling each other. He quickly put this thought away though. If one of the Yath where to find him and his men dueling when they were supposed to be guarding they surely would all find themselves on the alter.

The long hours stretched through the uneventful cycle. Durantar impatiently passed back and forth waiting for the time when his Sutrinos would send his relief. His wondering mind began to focus on a clatter. He had been hearing the sound for some time he realized but in his impatience had failed to truly hear it. He listened more intently.

Is that the clash of steel he wondered to himself? The bridge guards must be fighting a dual the dogs.

A loud clear voice of a Jali echoed through the halls.

LOLTH TLU MALLA! Yelled the voice and Draada Durantar was instantly aware.

The yell was followed by a flash of purple and red light and a loud explosion coming from the bridge. The clash of steal echoed off the walls the yells and grunts of battle just around the corner.

Draada Durantar a slow witted jaluk was not quick to react but he finely decided on a course of action and formed up his guard squad to rush to the bridges aid leaving his post guarded by but a single drow sargtlin.

Rushing around the corner Draada Durantar and his men arrived just in time to see a clan of Duergar sliding the bodies of a Jali a sargtlin and the bridge guard over the edge into the abyss. Draada Durantar yelled out “Lolth Zudar udos!” and charged after the duergar who at the sight of the new file of drow guards fled back into the upper underdark.
Not having permission to chase from his post Dradda Durantar did not give chase. Instead he sent a runner back to the camp with word of the attack and a request for reinforcements.

////The Duergar attack was witnessed by NPC guards as described in the story above. The attack would be known to all in the camp within a few short hours. The Guard could identify the attack was from a band of Duergar but he likely did not know the name of the clan. If the duergar were presented to the drow guard he could probably identify the duergar involved in the attack..
Back to top Go down
DM_Bucephalus
Admin
DM_Bucephalus

PostSubject: Re: Duergar attack on the refugee camp.    Duergar attack on the refugee camp.   EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 9:56 am

While your story is well written I have to add at our fault the rule about NPC's reactions are to only be handled by staff to prevent meta-gaming was lost in the reformat. I apologize for the confusion and will make sure the rule is prominently displayed to prevent future issues.

https://dalelandsbeyond.rpg-board.net/t4199-dm-rumours

I also reiterated the rule in "purpose of this forum"
Back to top Go down
https://dalelandsbeyond.rpg-board.net
DM_AXE

DM_AXE

PostSubject: Re: Duergar attack on the refugee camp.    Duergar attack on the refugee camp.   EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 12:06 pm

I will add to this, the duergar are familiar with the npc and have been told not to ignore them. Let's all remember this.
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

PostSubject: Re: Duergar attack on the refugee camp.    Duergar attack on the refugee camp.   EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 1:41 pm

DM Bucephalus and Axe,

So noted on the NPC reactions.

We thought since the duergar killed two npc guards and there were more just around the corner their attack should be common knowledge to all in the camp. Since my character died she doesn't have the memory of the event so she couldn't write it from her perspective.

Can you please rule on this?
Does the above NPC story stand making the attack known in camp?
Would you like to create an alternate storyline for the NPCs?

This is important for ongoing RP of how the drow players react to the duergar players.

as I mentioned to AXE in a pm, there is absolutely no complaint about the duergar players from me. I am quite enjoying our little rivalry in game.

thanks

Kiira

Back to top Go down
MustangSVT
Admin
MustangSVT

PostSubject: Re: Duergar attack on the refugee camp.    Duergar attack on the refugee camp.   EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:03 pm

The NPC story would have to made/approved by us. You cannot decide consequences and a rumour on your own just because you were there. We would have to receive a story from the other players as well and decide from there. Right now, I'm not sure if we've been given the other side, so for the time being, your NPC story doesn't stand.
Back to top Go down
Kira

Kira

PostSubject: Re: Duergar attack on the refugee camp.    Duergar attack on the refugee camp.   EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 6:22 pm

thanks for a definitive answer Mustang!

Kiira
Back to top Go down
MustangSVT
Admin
MustangSVT

PostSubject: Re: Duergar attack on the refugee camp.    Duergar attack on the refugee camp.   EmptySat Jun 11, 2011 7:34 pm

I'll look into the other side of the story today.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Duergar attack on the refugee camp.    Duergar attack on the refugee camp.   Empty

Back to top Go down

Duergar attack on the refugee camp.
Page 1 of 1