Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!

Go down 
+3
pvpu
maseoo
Gjallahorn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gildren

Gildren

Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! Empty
PostSubject: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:08 pm

Vendui

Below are a series of early pictures of the drow military outpost and city Szith-Morcane. Historically, Szith was the staging point for the drow's successful campaign and rulers-hip of the Dalelands surface (long ago).

It was also the major trading area of the Deep Wastes section of the underdark. Though not a physically massive as Maerimydra (one of the larges cities in the underdark, the largest city of the Seep Wastes and located much deeper than Szith-Morcane), Szith-Morcane should not be considered a 'small fort.'

Szith-Morcane will become the new starting point for drow characters (the refugee camp will remain, but may become adjusted to something else - no further comment, so don't bother asking please).

As to when Szith-Morcane will go live? This hinges on two factors. First there are major server wide mechanic updates that effect the entire player base - these take priority over new areas being added. Second, the underdark community needs to recover the city from those who hold it...

The pictures below are Spoilers, so if you do not wish to break the surprise, please do not look =)

Photos are taken with dark vision turned on -

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

There is still much more to be done before this city is fully ready to go live (additional decorations, merchant placements, and maybe even a few new quests) which is why no one has seen me in game much for the past couple of months, but hopefully this might do a bit to get folks motivated for retaking one of the two underdark cities

- Gildren
Back to top Go down
farinal

farinal

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 3:33 pm

Beautiful! Excellent work! Bel'la dos! Can't wait to get there!
Back to top Go down
Vilesinger

Vilesinger

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:05 pm

Lolth be praised! Finally a Jaluk shows some small measure of intelligence... Razz

//Your efforts of hard work are so much appreciated. Thank you for all your time you donate to the server and players. //
Back to top Go down
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:12 pm

As one who fiddle with the toolset myself..hands down..beautyfull work...really really nice details and craftmanship.

Makes me want to roll a UD'er Wink
Back to top Go down
Vilesinger

Vilesinger

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:23 pm

Gjallahorn wrote:
Makes me want to roll a UD'er Wink

ha! Come Old Man! lol!

Back to top Go down
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:47 pm

*grumbles*....

Oh..I just proved your point there....dang Wink..

But really..it looks proper UD'ish...beautiful yet dangerus and sinister at the same time..awesome.
Back to top Go down
maseoo

maseoo

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Looks great!
Wait...where does one cuddle around the campfire? *sniff*
Back to top Go down
pvpu

pvpu

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 5:27 pm

Amazing, just amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://eetheart.blogspot.com
Jakunen

Jakunen

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 5:36 pm

Looking good! Smile
Back to top Go down
Gildren

Gildren

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 12:36 pm

Vilesinger wrote:
Lolth be praised! Finally a Jaluk shows some small measure of intelligence... Razz

LOL

maseoo wrote:
Looks great!
Wait...where does one cuddle around the campfire? *sniff*

There is a 'gathering rest spot' that is in the central traffic pattern of the city, that has nice chairs, sofas, pillows (aka Roman-esk decadence) centered on a warm glowing piece of art instead of a camp fire.

There are also rest areas near entrances/exits to adventure areas, but these will not have 'claimable' camp fires.

In general fire and breathable air is an issue in the underdark, thus the use of a more 'magical' appearance option(s).

The idea going to a single 'camp fire' instead of a "this is my fire' or 'that is your fire' situation that is in the Refugee Camp is to encourage the various factions to RP together, as well as give a place for character to go to when seeking assistance.

The various factions will have their 'spots' but those will be inside their buildings/embassy halls/homes etc. instead of being 'right next to the spawn point' or 'right next to the newbie hunting area'

Big things to note that are missing - plants and the glow that such plants provide. So there will be more tinting through such effects (frame rates being kept in mind) as well as NPCs who will also be looked at in a frame rate as well as server lag friendly choice preference

Oh, and if anyone was wondering, yes, the maps are to scale and line up with the lore based maps of the cavern (with some changes to address requested features for the city - Academy, Arena, guild holdings etc)
Back to top Go down
Vilesinger

Vilesinger

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 2:59 pm

Jaluk Gildren,

I am confused about your light comments you make above scratch Please can explain more?

I just know Black is not always good and it hurts my eyes after some time. I know some drow lore zealots will say must have all black but please please can we have some color and soft light to add to the comfort of the players?

Thank you

Vilesinger
Back to top Go down
Gildren

Gildren

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:06 pm

The underdark will stay dark, it will not adopt surface lighting.
Back to top Go down
Vilesinger

Vilesinger

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 4:09 pm

Gildren wrote:
The underdark will stay dark, it will not adopt surface lighting.

yes I understand. I would never ask for surface lighting Rolling Eyes

My question is, how dark will you make it please?
Back to top Go down
Gildren

Gildren

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:42 pm

There is really no way for me to answer, I am afraid you will have to wait to see
Back to top Go down
farinal

farinal

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 12:49 pm

Man these pictures are more than awesome I can't wait lol. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Vilesinger

Vilesinger

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! EmptyFri Nov 16, 2012 2:38 pm

Gildren wrote:
There is really no way for me to answer, I am afraid you will have to wait to see

Okay thank you Gildren
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!   Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Clawing One's Way Out of the Refugee Camp !!! Spoiler!!!
Page 1 of 1