Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min

Go down 
+3
Gode
Rastafariel
arcylisia
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Coronal

The Coronal

The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min Empty
PostSubject: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 2:01 pm

The Coronal sends out letters and gives out orders for notices to be put up everywhere. She wishes to know the names of the three elves other than Ras who slew the Eilistraeen Priestess Lael'min.

She also mobilizes her secret information networks. She wishes the message to go far beyond her borders.

//please rp a letter or a rumour that is sent back to her.
Back to top Go down
Rastafariel

Rastafariel

PostSubject: Re: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 4:35 pm

[a letter from Ras]

My Queen,

I have recieved word that you might be seeking information regarding the incident with Lael'min. For my part, I would be happy to offer any information that you may find of value. And shall attempt, in my own way to defend my good name.

Firstly, let me say that there has been a lot mis-information and rumor regarding this incident. While there were four people present, only Ciardha and myself were dercetly involved. The other two present, Samuil and Chustrik, were simply hiking up the northern trail to the mountains with us when the incident occured and stayed out of the parlay and subsequent battle.

During the course of our palaver with this Lael'min, we determined that she could not properly identify the Second, nor could she name you, my Queen other than by your title.

I must confess that I grow weary of many drow simply uttering the name of the daughter of Corellon as a defence when the wish to escape just punishment. Also, earlier I checked on the roster of acceptable personages to be allowed into the City of Song and saw no mention of this Lael'min on said list.

Since we were uncertain as to the nature of this Dhaerrow, I declared that I would leave her fate to the Black Archer, Ciardha. He seemed conviced she was lying and attacked her and slew her, taking her ear as a trophy.

I did take a ring and a cloak from her body.

I await your pleasure at the determination of the outcome of this incident.

Yours,

Rastafariel [called Ras]
Bladesinger & Defender of Myth Drannor
Back to top Go down
arcylisia

PostSubject: Re: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 4:51 pm

My Lady Coronal,

The other suspect we are aware of at this time is a Black Archer named Ciardha Myilas. I learned of this information through Gode, whom discovered that the man carries Lael'min's blade.

I have had dealings with this man before. He set a trap for us by the mine entrance using the body of one of our faithful, Mith. After subduing him, we attempted to let him go. He tried to immediately attack, even in his weakened state. I subdued him again, finding it necessary to separate him and his weapons, cut the bonds on his hands, and run, in order to spare him death. He was aware, by that time, that we are Eilistraeens.

I do not say this to complain, only as a warning. If you intend to bring him to the trial, he may react violently. If any attempt to capture him, they should do so with extra care.

Maiden's Blessings,
Eilysia Aelitace
Back to top Go down
The Coronal

The Coronal

PostSubject: Re: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:26 pm

*she is very relieved to read Ras's letter. She sends one back immediately*

Defender Ras

Thank you for your quick reply. For this time We must ask you to surrender your cloak and give us your parole. This incident has caused a great trouble and we are on the verge of the Kin and the Eilistraeen being at open war.

It must, We fear, go to trial but you have Our guarentee that it will be fair. Please bring the cloak and the ring as soon as you can to Our Defender Barracks. this is of the utmost importance.

Signed
Ilsevele Miriatar
Back to top Go down
The Coronal

The Coronal

PostSubject: Re: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 5:45 pm

*several copies of a private letter are sent to Ciardha Myilas. The first is sent by Gode personally and she hopes that reaches him first*

Ciardha Myilas

Greetings. We will come straight to the point.

Your slaying of the Dhaerow Eilistraeen Lael'min recently was beyond Our lands and Our control. We understand that it is the nature of your vows and your purpose in life to slay the Dhaerow, but this woman was a priestess of the Daughter of Corellon.

We ask you to find it in your heart to send to Us the sword that she carried. This is essential in ensuring that others of the Kin are not put at risk.

We have further requests to put to you but this is the most urgent. A great deal rests on it, Son of Sheverash, including the safety of folk of the Kin

Signed
Ilsevele Miriatar
Coronal of Myth Drannor
Back to top Go down
Rastafariel

Rastafariel

PostSubject: Re: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 6:23 pm

I shall make haste to your side my Queen.

[I would love to get on and RP this but server has been full for 2 hours or so so Im going to go do RL stuff.]
Back to top Go down
Gode

Gode

PostSubject: Re: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 10:42 pm

My lady,

Fortunatly for us three adventurers had found Ciardha Myilas at the wilds.
They beated him unconsciously took away his weapons and took him bound to the city.

He is currently within out custody and after spending some time in jailm in your absence and the one of the Armathor, we decided to allow him to walk freely around the city unarmed untill the trail occurs, my lady.
Please fellow Mathors, help us make sure he is protected and unharmed untill the trail occurs.

Eilysia already contacted me and asked if we found and blade and I am afriad we did not.
The three adventurers claims that a human called Seadin took it.
Eilysia believes him to be their ally and said that she will take care of it from here on.

Also my lady I want you to allow these people who brought him to be present at the trail.
I believe one of them known as Ming which might be banned from our grounds after raising a blade against Arjay cares greatly for this.

I believe what she has done is wrong and should spend some time barred atleast, but she deserves to be present in the trail as she asked.

Please ask Mathors Redden or Arjay for more information about the turning in of the accused.

Regards

Gode Alodel.
Back to top Go down
FunnyHatOfDeath

PostSubject: Re: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:23 am

*it is written in a halting hand, some letters pressed to deeply others barely seen as if the writer has some issues with controlling their hand*

Coronal - I will not speak to being my queen or my Coronal for I do not posses you or claim any loyalty to you.. I claim to one higher. I am also a Son of Shevarash and would have done the exact same be there a list or no.

For your list has names my god's list has none. Though your dictates state one thing the dictates of our lord Shevarash say different. Is it any wonder that this conflict is upon us?

Some will say that it is my brother's Ciardha Myilas fault for killing the thing. For the burned body for the bloodletting. I would say to you this why take in a source of pain of division of uncertainty to your breast, why give them the illusion that they will be accepted so they can work to cause divisiveness within us? Be it purposeful in the eyes of some or not?

If these followers of the naked dancing thing were truly 'goodly' people.. why would they make themselves so very known for the other drow to use them as an excuse? To cause a moments hesitation.

Look what has occurred. A drow dies your very own gaze is now occupied here looking for those responsible. Beatings have taken place and one of Shevarash is forcibly drug before you by a person who rumor states raised a hand against an elf. I myself was beaten by a large bald man in an eye patch, some barbarian of few words dark haired, and someone else from the darkness. A storm is coming Coronal, a storm is here. Even the ranger camp seethes with them.. I myself fought one at that very camp. One of our blood joined me, the rangers sat impassive, another in red armor with pig tails and a love for noodles sat impassive. They did nothing as this Drow struck me down, believing me dead. Look what 'Tolerance' has cost us already!!!

Look what has occurred... one drow that some have tolerated dies and we are divided. Beatings run rampant and the rumors of some once exiled using this as an excuse to get closer asail my ears.

Can you not see why these things should not walk among us?
Can you not see how Tolerance can cause such divisiveness?
If they were truly 'goodly' as many say why would they ever allow this to happen?
Can you not see others using this as an excuse to strike?

Coronal I ask you.. is this rumored 'alliance' this 'list' worth the effort of ripping us asunder and causing such issues? Drow are drow, they are blasted they breathe lies like we do the very air....and the above circumstance as they worm their way into your lap and cause great upheaval can only be seen. This is only the beginning of the storm.

Let them kill each other, let them rip out their own throats.. but keep yourself and our people above holding such things to us. It will only cause strife... surely you can see it.

Wythran Tal
Son of Shevarash

TOLERANCE IS TREASON!!!
Back to top Go down
The Coronal

The Coronal

PostSubject: Re: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:33 am

The Coronal reads Ras's letter. This was the second bit of good news this day, the first being that the Second In Command was returning.

There had been several disturbing reports recently of some Defenders' behaviour and to have a co-operative Defender was rather refreshing.

Orders were sent out and Ras was suspended from duty but given full freedom of the camp. The ring and the cloak she received.
Back to top Go down
The Coronal

The Coronal

PostSubject: Re: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:38 am

Gode wrote:
My lady,

Fortunatly for us three adventurers had found Ciardha Myilas at the wilds.
They beated him unconsciously took away his weapons and took him bound to the city.

He is currently within out custody and after spending some time in jailm in your absence and the one of the Armathor, we decided to allow him to walk freely around the city unarmed untill the trail occurs, my lady.
Please fellow Mathors, help us make sure he is protected and unharmed untill the trail occurs.

Eilysia already contacted me and asked if we found and blade and I am afriad we did not.
The three adventurers claims that a human called Seadin took it.
Eilysia believes him to be their ally and said that she will take care of it from here on.

Also my lady I want you to allow these people who brought him to be present at the trail.
I believe one of them known as Ming which might be banned from our grounds after raising a blade against Arjay cares greatly for this.

I believe what she has done is wrong and should spend some time barred atleast, but she deserves to be present in the trail as she asked.

Please ask Mathors Redden or Arjay for more information about the turning in of the accused.

Regards

Gode Alodel.

She is glad to hear that Ciardha has been arrested. She wonders of the wisdom of letting him walk free in the camp but stays her hand and does not order him re-imprisoned. Ciardha had followed only the dictates of his conscience and commands of his God, though she wished fervently that he had not slain one of the Eilistraeens.

She pens a note

Defender Gode

You have done well. Please inform those who brought him in that they may come to the trial. As may the woman Ming. Her banning we leave to the Second In Command's decision.

signed

Ilsevele Miriatar
Coronal of Myth Drannor
Back to top Go down
The Coronal

The Coronal

PostSubject: Re: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 10:58 am

Wythran Tal
Son of Shevarash

We are sorry indeed to hear you have been beaten. We have arranged that the Priestess will see to your wounds and your healing if you visit her.

The situation in these parts is different from almost anywhere else in the lands. The Children of the Daughter of Corellon have for millenia fought the very evil Dhaerow. This is little known but it is nevertheless true. Coronal Corellon accepts his Daughter though she is not part of the Seldarine and thus We believe that those who are proven to be true followers of Her should be treated differently from the overwhelming evils of the rest of the Dhaerow.

Understand that the true Eilistraeens have fought agasint and died in the war against the Children of Vhaerun. They have earned their place and they have also been valuable military allies.

We ask you not to refer to the Daughter of Corellon as a 'naked dancing thing'.

Having said that there is a great danger that the lying sons of Vhaerun may claim to be Eilistraeen so the greatest care must be used when meeting one in the wilds.

As long as the Rules of the City are observed within Our lands then all Sons of Shevarash are welcome to come and rest here. We do expect and will enforce Our rules to be obeyed however including the ones about not assaulting the permitted Eilistraeens within Our lands.

Signed
Ilsevele Miriatar
Coronal of Myth Drannor
Back to top Go down
FunnyHatOfDeath

PostSubject: Re: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 11:33 am

*Wythran Writes back*

I.. care not for the healing touch of yoru priestess for I will wear the wounds like the others... as a reminder of what misplaced trust and Tolerance can cause.

I am.. fully aware of the situation of drow fighting drow and look warmly upon the many that have shed their last while doing so. Less work to send them screaming to our Lord's knee.

I ask you this. Can they not do so and not be our allies. Can we not 'foolishly' accept them to us and succle at the breast of your kindness? Simply expel them. Look at the diviseiveness they cause by their very presence... can you not see?

I yearn to walk amoungst our people. But I cannot as long as those things walk there and deceive you. As far as them being your allies... I would say that you are working nicely to be their tools.

Imagine the joy they feel behind closed doors when no one is listening. Their slaves and fodder for battle no longer being goblins and orcs but now elves who willingingly walk to battel side by side and cooperate. Alot less work.. that.

As for them fighting their own kind. Drow are weaned on that conflict and bathe in the blood of their kin for sport and fun. The only thing I see is them doing it above ground and slowly working their way to the trust of others. Slowly brining themselves to the underbelly of our people to better manipulate and stab a dagger within it.

You yourself stated in your letter that the Children of Vhaerun make claim to be part of the 'Lying Dancing thing' in order to win our trust. Do you not see the folly... do you not see that simply calling them allies and not shooting first may put our own people in jeoporady. Surely if they were 'goodly' they could not see and understand and would never consent to such 'acceptance'?

As far as not calling her the "Naked Dancing Thing' is it normal for a Coronal to edit the speech of one they do not agree with? I come to you pointing out that which may cause our people greater folly and loss. The Sons of Shevarash have always taken upon themselves the burden of the existance of our blasted kin, and some have emulated the great sacrfice our lord has made. There is no requirement that you..agree with me, but there is also no requirement.. I agree with you and will respectfully disagree.

Take these words in consideration. A Storm is comming.. you can stop it.

TOLERANCE IS TREASON

Wythran Tal

*a miss of spittle and blood is dried on the message as he finsihes*
Back to top Go down
The Coronal

The Coronal

PostSubject: Re: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 1:00 pm

The Coronal reads the letter. This is a request she has heard many times before and this Shevarashan was not willing to see that the Eilistraeens were not as other Ilythiiri.

There was no point in replying now. This one would be satisfied with nothing short of making Myth Drannor an arrow pointed only at the Ilythiiri. The problem with a single focus was that it ignored all other concerns of which there were many.

She put the letter aside.
Back to top Go down
Slayermaster

Slayermaster

PostSubject: Re: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 2:43 pm

(OOC) Any idea of a scheduel for the trial? I won't be around too much today, going to an archer range.
Will be around today, car problems |:

Last edited by Slayermaster on Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dormouse

Dormouse

PostSubject: Re: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min EmptyTue Jun 14, 2011 3:01 pm

//not today
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min   The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min Empty

Back to top Go down

The Coronal asks for the names of the four who slew Lael'min
Page 1 of 1