Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?

Go down 
+13
Vekin
devious78
magus_taliesin
arcylisia
Ming-Ming
Dormouse
AWWR
GholaMan
Zecretacc
DjnTech
Arros
MustangSVT
Keeper
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
magus_taliesin

magus_taliesin

Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 1:53 pm

Druids and rangers get their powers from Deities. As per the FR sourcebook, Druids must choose a patron deity to get spells from, and a ranger must choose one by level 4 to receive spells.

Axe's point is valid on this, Lolth is jealous, vindictive, and conceited. She does not look well upon people who acknowledge the existance of any other deity.
Back to top Go down
devious78

devious78

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 7:03 pm

I see
Back to top Go down
DM_AXE

DM_AXE

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 9:39 pm

Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 2gods010
Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 2gods011
Back to top Go down
Vekin

Vekin

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:57 am

So back to using 2nd ed lore about male priests now?

Thought we went with 3.5ed and female only priestess's of Lolth??
Back to top Go down
EVIL

EVIL

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:46 pm

Vekin wrote:

Are you just focusing on that and ignoring the rest of what was posted?
Back to top Go down
Vekin

Vekin

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:51 pm

EVIL wrote:
Vekin wrote:

Are you just focusing on that and ignoring the rest of what was posted?

Someone reads that it refers to male priests...that will cause confusion as I dont think we allow them correct? If we are going to throw lore about its been made quite clear that 3.5 ed is the lore we use so using something from 2nd edition needs back up from 3.5 ed
Back to top Go down
EVIL

EVIL

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:54 pm

No I think we are good, that would be just like the Ellies stating that the Black Archers won't kill them on sight? That too is based off of a vague 2nd edition reference.
Back to top Go down
magus_taliesin

magus_taliesin

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:58 pm

EVIL wrote:
No I think we are good, that would be just like the Ellies stating that the Black Archers won't kill them on sight? That too is based off of a vague 2nd edition reference.

Can we not? We've been asked to lay off this, can other's please do that as well. That reference is on the wiki and in a 3.5 book, not a vague 2e book. Let's leave us out of this if you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
EVIL

EVIL

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 3:11 pm

How about this, let's just make sure when someone uses something out of 2nd edition we lay off? As this thread wasn't titled male clerics of Lolth.
Back to top Go down
Vekin

Vekin

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 3:25 pm

EVIL wrote:

Whats this got to do with Eilistraee?

And if its got nothing to do with male clerics why post something that refers to them as its main point!
Back to top Go down
EVIL

EVIL

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:08 pm

vote pedro!
Back to top Go down
MustangSVT
Admin
MustangSVT

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:13 pm

Folks, please return to discussing the topic, or it shall be locked. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
EVIL

EVIL

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 4:26 pm

But yeah probably not the best idea to worship Mala openly.
Back to top Go down
Gaussafae

Gaussafae

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:40 pm

Running through every 3 and 3.5 book I can find I see a few mentions of Drow Druids. No mention of who their god/dess is. I will keep looking. I have two druids so I dont need another one, but I would like to see more people getting to do some interesting rp.
Back to top Go down
DM_AXE

DM_AXE

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 6:50 pm

Honestly I would be very curious on their religion.
Back to top Go down
Gaussafae

Gaussafae

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 3:33 am

No need, check out Kaedrin's v1.41.4 update is released!

Eilistrae and Lolth allow Rangers/Druids as followers.
Back to top Go down
DM_AXE

DM_AXE

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:35 am

Here is the thing though, not all of Kaedrin's classes are 100% the same. I believe in his pack he made it so SD/CoN won't be compatible. However I haven't even looked to see if that rumor was confirmed. I very well could be wrong. But I know that such is not how it will be on the server at least for now. But I am sure we'll all find out more on this topic soon enough.
Back to top Go down
Gaussafae

Gaussafae

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 4:57 am

His update is in suggestions
Back to top Go down
Vashard

Vashard

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:52 am

If the SD/CoN change isn't going into Dalelands, that makes me very happy indeed Smile
Back to top Go down
DM_AXE

DM_AXE

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 5:56 am

However I believe CoN is DM approved now.
Back to top Go down
Vashard

Vashard

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 17, 2011 6:01 am

Indeed sir, but I already have it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?   Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Follower of Lolth through Malar, Heresy?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2