Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc

Go down 
+7
Arjay
Sunflower
Dormouse
Steppenwolf MacGregor
Celorfin Di'Makiir
jpetticolas
Valnaire
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Dormouse

Dormouse

Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc Empty
PostSubject: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:10 pm

Alright alright, some rp took place last night.it was high drama and you know, actually, it was good rp.

I suggest we don't take it too seriously, remember that things hardly ever go the way you expect, and they change - sometimes fast - and that a lot of work has been done and things changed in the last few weeks. Can we just roll with it, not take it too seriiously and just ... enjoy some of it? And ill try to do the same?

I say again, It was RP, it was good rp, and dont take it too seriously

Don't take it too seriously

Don't take it too seriously

don't ~ take ~ it ~too ~seriously

Also remember that you know, sometimes, even dms make snap decisions that aren't perfect.

Lets let the story unfold and handle it and keep in mind the greater good of the server and ( for elf players) of MD, and just .... roll with it and not get too upset.

Can we ... please .... please .... have a moritorium on getting upset about things? please? Just ... take it lightheartedly?

Last edited by DM Dormouse on Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Valnaire

Valnaire

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 12:16 pm

I would like to say that I agree. Everyone needs to keep in mind, this is a game. We're not the characters, people, we're just telling them what to do for our own amusement.

Things not going the way we wanted, or planned, it part of roleplay, because there are other characters here too, all making their way in the dalelands. And you know when shit hits the fan for you?

That's when roleplay truly hits its best.

Let's enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
jpetticolas

jpetticolas

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Im sorry but i just cant get what your saying. Im saposed to take it seriously?
Back to top Go down
jeffman_4

jeffman_4

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:00 pm

jpetticolas wrote:
Im sorry but i just cant get what your saying. Im saposed to take it seriously?

Are you serious?

Razz
Back to top Go down
Wakefield

Wakefield

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:45 pm

Squeaks makes a plea to the player base which I've want for ages. Don't get too upset when your plans fail... preplanning your PC's victories and emotional paths robs them of growth and leads to ooc strife. Roll which punches let other players shine and enjoy seeing the server live and breathe through the joined stories of all. It's not just a bunch if solo games where we're each the hero. *hug*

Good luck with the Elf/MD stories! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Celorfin Di'Makiir

Celorfin Di'Makiir

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 2:57 pm

Yup....

>.<

As much as I hate to admit it. I agree with Wakefield. lol
Back to top Go down
jpetticolas

jpetticolas

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 3:55 pm

Jeff yes im kidding lol. I personaly love the orchestra of chaos when it comes to role play. Do i have plans yes...do they happen not usually. But the building story amongst all the chaos is whats beautiful to me.
Back to top Go down
Steppenwolf MacGregor

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:22 pm

I really worship Shevarash, people. Okay? Don't mock my beliefs!

If I ever see a drow in real life. . . boy. . . okay, well, I'm running.
Back to top Go down
Sunflower

Sunflower

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 4:23 pm

Steppenwolf MacGregor wrote:
I really worship Shevarash, people. Okay? Don't mock my beliefs!

If I ever see a drow in real life. . . boy. . . okay, well, I'm running.

I want a screenie of this too!!! I want emotes and everything!!! Just for my pure enjoyment. Haha
Back to top Go down
Dormouse

Dormouse

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:22 pm

Wakefield wrote:
Squeaks makes a plea to the player base which I've want for ages..............

Squeaks?

squeaks?

squeaks?

* squeaks! *
Back to top Go down
EvokedShade

EvokedShade

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 5:39 pm

((ooc: To make it simple. Please learn to keep IC and OOC seperate. It will benifit yourself, and others, if you learn to seperate yourself from your character. It's not an easy thing to do at times but I garentee you that it will make you a better well rounded player and make your role play more enjoyable.))
Back to top Go down
Sunflower

Sunflower

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:00 pm

DM Dormouse wrote:
Wakefield wrote:
Squeaks makes a plea to the player base which I've want for ages..............

Squeaks?

squeaks?

squeaks?

* squeaks! *

BAHAHAHAHA Your new nickname!!! Squeaks!!!
Back to top Go down
Arjay

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:40 pm

EvokedShade wrote:
((ooc: To make it simple. Please learn to keep IC and OOC seperate. It will benifit yourself, and others, if you learn to seperate yourself from your character. It's not an easy thing to do at times but I garentee you that it will make you a better well rounded player and make your role play more enjoyable.))
Yes, yes, and it's very nice to say this, but it doesn't help when Person A thinks Person B is acting ooc, then starts reacting ooc because they think person B is, which makes Person B and Person C start flipping out because Person A seems to be reacting ooc...

Frankly, the "keep IC and OOC separate" always sounds like an excuse to me for "You shouldn't be getting upset about what happened because it's IC, nya nya." So how about we just act like decent freaking human beings.
Back to top Go down
Wakefield

Wakefield

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 6:40 pm

And if you want to hear it, there's a link here:

Squeak!

Oh Boo... We all loved to click you.
Back to top Go down
Sunflower

Sunflower

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyFri Oct 21, 2011 11:07 pm

There are always going to be people that get upset cause their character didn't get this or that or their friend didn't get this or that. But guess what...most the people on this thread get it...Its a flippin game!!! I have seen people get so butt hurt over crap and say they are gonna do this and that to get back at either the player or at some of the staff. And those that have said silly things like that have left. So be it. If someone wants to get butt hurt over A GAME then I feel real sorry for them. Life is an adventure...one of the greatest. Look into it. As a friend once said... when it gets to the point of not being fun...go feed the ducks.
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:14 am

hehe roflmao we got ducks ig? ok seriously it is a game yes it is meant to have fun not be real life so go with the flow and enjoy..

hehe now i would love to see this as a virtual reality game that would be so flipping cool lol
Back to top Go down
jeffman_4

jeffman_4

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 11:10 am

Arjay wrote:

So how about we just act like decent freaking human beings.

Pfft, I've been trying to get people to do this for years

Good luck
Back to top Go down
EvokedShade

EvokedShade

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 2:49 pm

Arjay wrote:
EvokedShade wrote:
Yes, yes, and it's very nice to say this, but it doesn't help when Person A thinks Person B is acting ooc, then starts reacting ooc because they think person B is, which makes Person B and Person C start flipping out because Person A seems to be reacting ooc...

Frankly, the "keep IC and OOC separate" always sounds like an excuse to me for "You shouldn't be getting upset about what happened because it's IC, nya nya." So how about we just act like decent freaking human beings.

Well, you shouldn't be getting upset about it. It's a game. I've been RPing for well over 5 years starting with hardcore ruled RP servers in NWN1. I also took an existing guild that was dead and turned it around. I ran that for a years straight. So, I do have quite a bit of experiance when it comes to RP. keeping IC and OOC seperate isn't an excuse. It is what needs to be practiced in order for everyone to be able to play his or her roles without hurt feelings coming up and getting in the way. It's a simple reminder that you are not your character. You may play your character but he/she is not you. So there really is no point in getting personally offended when certain things happen to your character. If something ever does bother you, get to a stopping point and log out for a while go cool off. Take some time to think and do something else for a few hours. Then come back and deal with the situation at another time. Just like you do in PnP when your DM is causing stuff you don't like. You don't yell at the DM. You take a small break from the game to cool down then come back and RP. We're all adults here, I think. So, everyone should act like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc   Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD  on Dalelands Beyond - ooc Empty

Back to top Go down

Elves and The Unfolding of the Story of MD on Dalelands Beyond - ooc
Page 1 of 1