Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UD PvP Question

Go down 
+11
_Selvetarm_
pyro
Quarrel
Jeremor
Chubby Walnut
DoBarrelRolls
DarthOrgana
Kelticraven
LoudDave
Dova23
Shadowwolf
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
FuzzieBunny

FuzzieBunny

UD PvP Question - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: UD PvP Question   UD PvP Question - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 09, 2012 3:40 am

I try to subtly point out the correct rules in converation if I am on my bard. Then steer them towards other yath players. I do make an effort to make sure they get to see other yath's interact or try to hint to other yath toons that there is a new yath'abban looking for guidance.

I agree with pryo on this though... The rp behind this is hard. There are to many level 1 priest who roll in and just want to make a name for themselves by ruining other players character. I think in order to hold any political power what so ever, a yath needs to be vetted by the DM. This is an important position in UD and to many people want to be important without the effort of actually learning what it is a priest of Lolth does and what her position is in drow culture.

Yath'abban (Temple Agent)

Yath'abban are Drow, who have at one point in their development, begun to serve the Temple instead of pursuing the more mundane vocations in society. Temple Agents are sent on low-importance missions for the Yathrinen or Yathtallaren in order to test their skills and devotion to Lolth. Especially talented or devout Yath'abban can be chosen by a Yathrin to be a personal assistant. Yath'abban can expect to run errands, undertake missions, and sometimes fight for the temple. They should complete these things with vigor and determination.

From Wiki so yuck....

Yath'abban responsibilities:

- Yath'abban are required to bow to members of all ranks that are above them and refer to their superiors by their title.

- The Yath'abban must obey all orders given by Drow of higher ranks. The directives of ranking members of the Yath may supersede the orders given by other ranking members if the ordering member of the Yath is at equal or higher rank than the other member.

- Yath'abban are required to assist the Yathrinen with rituals, and are expected to have a working knowledge of the tenets of Lolth's dogma.

- Yath'abban should pursue knowledge and understanding in the teachings of Lolth, presenting any findings, discoveries, or writings to a Yathrin for review and possible inclusion into the Temple archives.

Back to top Go down
_Selvetarm_

_Selvetarm_

PostSubject: Re: UD PvP Question   UD PvP Question - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 8:30 am

I full heartily agree, I see Yath'rins walk into camp. (PC's that you usually only see played 2-3 times then never see again) with small backstories or bios containing another foreign house. Now it would be in my opinion, that that particular "Yath'rin" (Heavy Emphasis on this) has no ruling body in the encampment unless verified by the highest ranking clergy member there.

Due to the fact of :

1. Foreign House, Who the hell are you?

2. Who are you again? You can cast bless. . . sweet.

3. Self-Entitlement? WHO ARE YOU!?

But yeah, it should be submit-application. Maybe throw on another UD DM to help Mindflayer out, make it all event-wise for promotions, put some hard-backing to the rise of power. . .

Back to top Go down
http://www.grey-company.org/Maerdyn/resources/translator/
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: UD PvP Question   UD PvP Question - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 11:32 am

Generally I've always gone with 'if your a level 1 cleric your a yathabban and will only become a yathrin if you are promoted to such by a yathtallar' after all if they truely were a full yathrin they could at least cast 4th circle and wouldn't be off hunting beetles

As for self entitlement that only works if you have the power to back up such a claim
Back to top Go down
FuzzieBunny

FuzzieBunny

PostSubject: Re: UD PvP Question   UD PvP Question - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:44 pm

Not really.... I have seen peeps claim all sorts of things then try so sacrifice House masters for not kneeling and kissing their boots... But!!! Because they are a yath toon the most anyone can do is walk away from their RP.

Heck, I have one priest that continues to try to force my bard to be disfigured and there is nothing I can do about it but ignore her and hope she does no destroy my RP. So yeah... Priests need limits
Back to top Go down
The Biggest Lebowski

The Biggest Lebowski

PostSubject: Re: UD PvP Question   UD PvP Question - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 2:57 pm

The issue of Yath as player characters has always bothered me against playing in the UD. Being a yath is like rolling up a noble in a city. They have higher rights than any non-priestess. They might not be able to boss around everyone they want, but they are still the highest level of society. Even the highest level male fighter is nothing to a priestess of Lloth. Remember that even Houses have to bow in respect to the church in every regard. A loss of religious favor to a house is a death warrant to everyone in said house.
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: UD PvP Question   UD PvP Question - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:03 pm

There is a good example of what happens when a yathabban goes around making unreasonable requests that I witnessed in the past.

A yathabban feeling displeased with a quel'saruk decides to tell him to go find some obscure item and to not come back till he's found such.
that quel'saruks illharess hears of this, comes over to the yathabban, demands to know why she's ordering her quel'saruk around and tells the yathabban to go personally to call back the quel'saruk and that she was then if I remember correctly told to go get said obscure item herself

quellar masters do hold the power to respectfully say no to a yathabban
Back to top Go down
Vilesinger

Vilesinger

PostSubject: Re: UD PvP Question   UD PvP Question - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:11 pm

This is also a good example of go get big sister and come defend my rp.. and counter rp because you have more rank.

This happens all the time and we all know it is true.
Back to top Go down
FuzzieBunny

FuzzieBunny

PostSubject: Re: UD PvP Question   UD PvP Question - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:20 pm

Yath'abban are the lowest of the low. They actually don't have the authority to force Noble House Masters to do anything unless they are doing it in the name of a yathrin. This is why I agree with Vilesinger about posting what priest can and can not do.

Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: UD PvP Question   UD PvP Question - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:26 pm

Wouldnt agree with lowest of the low and they still are technically higher than most quellar members but as I said a house master can respectfully say no to a yathabban. I'm pretty sure someone shoved up a ranking system for drow on the forums recently.

generally yathabbans are below quellar masters but higher than most other members. thus a quellar master can respectfully tell said yathabban ordering around his members to stop doing so.
Back to top Go down
Vilesinger

Vilesinger

PostSubject: Re: UD PvP Question   UD PvP Question - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:40 pm

Or like a Yath'abban ordering every person in the camp to beat a noble ranked female including slaves? Who just happened to have big sister Yathrin watching the rp to say it is ok...but even then, can a Yathrin/Yath'abban publically humilate a Noble Female of an opposing Que'llar in this example? Oh and after beating her near to death in camp, kicking and smashing her body from one end of the camp to the other... at what point have a yath overstepped?

And yes the Noble Female did make an insulting comment to the Yathrin first.
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: UD PvP Question   UD PvP Question - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 3:59 pm

A yathrin can if they are willing to deal with the opposing quellars illharess in the case of overstepping their lines.
Back to top Go down
FuzzieBunny

FuzzieBunny

PostSubject: Re: UD PvP Question   UD PvP Question - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 10, 2012 4:17 pm

I have to agree with Gandruff here. If the Yath of the opposing House allow it to happen then there is not much that can be done except hooking said yath up in the tunnels, then bring her body back and laying it down at the feet of your own House. Make a little speech about how you 'found' said yath in the tunnels and felt it was your duty to Lolth to bring her back. I would also mention that she must have failed Lolth's tests.

The Males who beat said noble woman can, of course, be taken care of by other House Masters as this is clearly a Queller issue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UD PvP Question   UD PvP Question - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

UD PvP Question
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3