Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Name the Ranks of Yath

Go down 
+13
_Selvetarm_
LoudDave
gandruff
Shadowwolf
Gildren
ObsidianRaven
Fuligar
Werebeagle9
CloakandDagger22
FuzzieBunny
Lord Droke
Vanelier
Tibus_Heth
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Vilesinger

Vilesinger

Name the Ranks of Yath - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Name the Ranks of Yath   Name the Ranks of Yath - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:07 am

Group hug?

*Daggers in hand* Xas group hug hmm come closer my enemies... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
_Selvetarm_

_Selvetarm_

PostSubject: Re: Name the Ranks of Yath   Name the Ranks of Yath - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:51 am

DM_MindFlayer wrote:
The Favored Soul Ruling will stand as is. I have gone over the threads concerning this and at first I was like "Why not? They are Favored!"

But after much deliberation and objective reasoning I find that the Cleric will be tossed out and disregarded if this were to happen.

True enough, as it IS labeled "Cleric of Lolth". But my question is, if there are already Yath Favored Souls running about, what happens to them?

Vilesinger wrote:
Group hug?

*Daggers in hand* Xas group hug hmm come closer my enemies... Twisted Evil

Yeah. . . lemme just. . . get on. . . that stoneskin. . .
Back to top Go down
http://www.grey-company.org/Maerdyn/resources/translator/
Assistant DM_MindFlayer

Assistant DM_MindFlayer

PostSubject: Re: Name the Ranks of Yath   Name the Ranks of Yath - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:35 am

The Ranks of the Yath are as Follows (Big Surprise) and some preliminary requisites for each, along with authority cap. -This is a rough draft-

Yath'abban

Spell Level (Any Divine, Must be able to Turn Undead)

Duties
1. Student and initiate into the Church of Lloth
2. Learn the Tenants and Domains of her Matron Deity
3. Exercise her abilities upon anything that threatens herself or the Church.
4. Submit to her superiors if it does not contradict the Tenants or Domains of Lloth, or the Church
5. Prepare for her trials and final exam to become Yathrin

Authority
Non Drow

Yath'rin

Spell Level 7th Circle Divine (Able to cast Ressurect)

Duties
1. Train and Test Yath'abban/Temple Servants in the Ways of Lloth
2. Recruit potential prospects into the church
3. Assist and inform the Yath'Tallars with church business
4. Promote the word and will of Lloth
5. Seek out heretics to be judged by the Yath'Tallars

Authority
Non-Master Noble males
Shebali Males
Shebali Females
Non-Master Noble Females
Non Drow

Yath'Tallar

Spell Level 9th Circle Divine (Able to cast Resurrect, Gate)

Duties
1. Enforce/Encourage the Will of Lloth upon society
2. Interpret signs and messages from Handmaidens
3. Judge and punish accused heretics
4. Test and Train Yathrin to become better advocates for the Church.
5. Hold public executions, church services, and announcements
6. Report all critical issues involving the church to the Ulath'Tallar
7. Conduct council meetings with other Yath'Tallar on important issues
8. Appoint Church Servants (Yath'Sargtlin etc)
9. Collect tithings from the Noble Houses for the Progression of the Church.
10. Communicate with Qu'ellar Nobles, Masters and Ilharess concerning issues that involve betterment of the Church.

Authority
All Males/Females (With Exception to other Yath'tallar [=],Ilharessen[=], Ulath'Tallar[>])
Non Drow

Ulath'Tallar

Spell Level Epic
Character Level 30
Class Restriction Cleric

Duties
1. Directly commune with the representatives of Lloth
2. Test and Appoint Yath'Tallar
3. Make judgments and enforcements that are above the ability of Yath'Tallar
4. Act as a Tie-breaker in the matter of Church deliberation or voting.
5. Divine the disposition of Favor from Lloth on individuals or Qu'ellaren

Authority
All
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: Name the Ranks of Yath   Name the Ranks of Yath - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:46 am

//I can't help but feel like I just lost my last bit of wishing to play my drow at all. I mean females are supreme in all levels within Lolthite society, it is up to them to be wise or stupid enough doing what they will and deal with the consequences. It is not about divine circles alone, it is about their social skills as well. A Yath'tallar may be a Yath'tallar for earning enough spell-caster level and/or taking the place of another, but there is that Yathrin that has been gaining with a silver tongue the favor of all, conspiring to overthrow that one ranked priestess above her.

And this is what I believe Lolth delights upon, a chaotic society where her minions struggle for the power and who will be able to maintain a position of importance the longest.

With the system above, I understand if it is some form of 'guideline' but we also should get laid out what Lolth, the goddess herself wants in the end. May the stupid die and the wise prevail. Choose as you will where you want to throw your influence and deal with whatever comes from it, for that a novice-priestess is still a female and that is all that matters to Lolth in my book.
Back to top Go down
Assistant DM_MindFlayer

Assistant DM_MindFlayer

PostSubject: Re: Name the Ranks of Yath   Name the Ranks of Yath - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 11:57 am

Xeneize wrote:
Choose as you will where you want to throw your influence and deal with whatever comes from it, for that a novice-priestess is still a female and that is all that matters to Lolth in my book.

And where does it say anywhere that you cannot use your wits, silver tongue and guile to manipulate those around you?
This is meant for the social aspect of the Drow Setting we have. It clearly defines the ranks and place of each Yath. Which is what we need to prevent a Level 1 character from strolling up to a House Master and start ranting off orders or declaring heresy.

Authority will now be earned, rather than immediately granted upon character creation.

This structure actually makes a player work for the right to command so-and-so

Back to top Go down
_Selvetarm_

_Selvetarm_

PostSubject: Re: Name the Ranks of Yath   Name the Ranks of Yath - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 12:54 pm

DM_MindFlayer wrote:

Authority will now be earned, rather than immediately granted upon character creation.

And with that the heavens parted, Our Lord and One God, Mindflayer, coming down unto this Toril, proclaiming:

"and All shall be good, in the depth that is the Underdark."
Back to top Go down
http://www.grey-company.org/Maerdyn/resources/translator/
FuzzieBunny

FuzzieBunny

PostSubject: Re: Name the Ranks of Yath   Name the Ranks of Yath - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Yes a smart Drow can get whatever they need done. And being a female only gets you so far. You were born superior in lolth's eyes, but your choices, drive, and will are what brings you favor. All houses have yathrin. Use them! Get that yathrin to go after your foes. That is how I see Drow working. It is all about being sneaky and manipulating when you low ranking.
Back to top Go down
Vilesinger

Vilesinger

PostSubject: Re: Name the Ranks of Yath   Name the Ranks of Yath - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 1:47 pm

Xeneize wrote:
//I can't help but feel like I just lost my last bit of wishing to play my drow at all. I mean females are supreme in all levels within Lolthite society, it is up to them to be wise or stupid enough doing what they will and deal with the consequences. It is not about divine circles alone, it is about their social skills as well. A Yath'tallar may be a Yath'tallar for earning enough spell-caster level and/or taking the place of another, but there is that Yathrin that has been gaining with a silver tongue the favor of all, conspiring to overthrow that one ranked priestess above her.

And this is what I believe Lolth delights upon, a chaotic society where her minions struggle for the power and who will be able to maintain a position of importance the longest.

With the system above, I understand if it is some form of 'guideline' but we also should get laid out what Lolth, the goddess herself wants in the end. May the stupid die and the wise prevail. Choose as you will where you want to throw your influence and deal with whatever comes from it, for that a novice-priestess is still a female and that is all that matters to Lolth in my book.

Xeneize,

I agree with your points, they are good and valid. But I think important to use this Lore as a guide only. There is so much lore to quote that often these things become confused to the players. I think this is the best of all many evils and is needed to help the PLAYERS and sets a basic standard for us to rp our characters. We play in a persistant world where death is not really true..the stupid do not really die but continue on to be stupid. I agree with these new standards...If you think about it you will see that it is best for all. You will always be able to find some part of Drow Lore to support a view point. Drow lore is complicated!

Back to top Go down
Kelticraven

Kelticraven

PostSubject: Re: Name the Ranks of Yath   Name the Ranks of Yath - Page 3 EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 5:37 pm

Vilesinger wrote:
Xeneize wrote:

Xeneize,

I agree with your points, they are good and valid. But I think important to use this Lore as a guide only. There is so much lore to quote that often these things become confused to the players. I think this is the best of all many evils and is needed to help the PLAYERS and sets a basic standard for us to rp our characters. We play in a persistant world where death is not really true..the stupid do not really die but continue on to be stupid. I agree with these new standards...If you think about it you will see that it is best for all. You will always be able to find some part of Drow Lore to support a view point. Drow lore is complicated!

I for one, as someone that plays a Drow non-noble male, feel that these guidelines will help to bring about more realistic RP in the Underdark. And I welcome them. They were made with the input of all the people that took the time to read, think and post. Any set of guidelines/rules are not going to please everyone. DM_Mindflayer has to look at a lot of things before he can choose what will work for us. For one, Game Balance within the current PW setting. Also as Vilesinger said, this is not a Perma-Kill server, so death for the character is not an option. And as such can not be used to control those that wish to cause only Grief & Pain for the Underdark players. Death is a very small slap of the hand. So stronger measures were needed. And I for one stand behind the changes made by DM_Mindflayer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Name the Ranks of Yath   Name the Ranks of Yath - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Name the Ranks of Yath
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3