Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

In the Temple of the Seldarine

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Karris

Karris

In the Temple of the Seldarine Empty
PostSubject: In the Temple of the Seldarine   In the Temple of the Seldarine EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 1:24 pm

High time. It was high time that he sought the guidance of the Seldarine. Questions, they multiplied nigh exponentially every passing day. Areth'Dael had, perhaps subconsciously, avoided the Temple ever since his feet had once more taken to walking the earthen floors of the Cormanthor - always a looming shadow on the hill of the fair city, yet so easy to circle.

Why did he feel this way? Some divine premonition, perhaps? His place had always been on the road, sharing tales and enjoying the company of other seekers of fortune. Sure, he had graced the temples of the elven pantheon many times, but it had always been in passing, rarely staying for deeper meanings nor prayers.

It was different, now. During his countless years among the humans, he had played the part of the bard, mastering every aspect of the tradition as he had been taught them at the Canaith College. It had always been enough. The wink of a fair maiden, the sound of clittering coins as patrons had paid him for an encouraging song. For almost as long as he could remember, these things had been the centerpiece of his life, a true adventurer belonging on the run, a carefree soul that lived day to day at his own whim.

Why did he not find the pleasure in these things any longer? He appreciated the art, the music, the love. But in his heart, there had been a growing emptiness, a hole which the simple pleasures could no longer fill. And more than that, his magic had evolved into something else. At first he had thought it simple mastery of his art, yet the things he could procure with but a thought, it was something else entirely. Powerful magic of life, flowing effortlessly from his fingers, healing, empowering, creating.

The temple was quiet. Only a few priestesses skittered around the stone floor, filling the majestic hall with an eerie silence. His footsteps seemed heavy, heavier than they should, and the blunt end of his spear made what sounded like thundering crack every time it hit the floor. A short walk, yet the strength to lift his feet did not come easily.

Exhaling quietly, he closed his eyes and bowed his head before the looming statue of Corellon Larethian. He reached up to clutch the old and faded triangular amulet around his neck, one of the few of his belongings from his earliest childhood he still carried.

He opened his mouth to speak, but was interrupted a peculiar sensation.

A warm breeze, warm to the touch. Like the caressing touch of a loving mother, it brought a smile to his face, and he opened his eyes to seek the source. There was a faint ruffle, and he saw three leaves blowing quietly past him, riding on the breeze like a ship on the sea. His gaze followed the leaves as they made their journey through the temple.

He looked around. Nothing, noone had seen anything. Inspired by the echoes of fate and intrigued, he took a step after the leaves, extending his palm to cup them. Instead, they simply flowed through the temple, guided by an invisible hand.

After a few moments of chasing them with an almost childlike demeanour, the three leaves finally fell to the floor. Frowning slightly, he reached down to grasp them when suddenly the strangest of emotions came over him.

Peace. A sensation of being at home for the first time. His emptiness washed away, his love sparked anew. Carefully picking up the three leaves, he gazed at them for a while, attempting to decipher what just happened. And then it came once more, the breeze. He looked up.

He found himself bowing before Angharradh, The Triune Goddess. And he could have sworn she was smiling.

In the Temple of the Seldarine NWN2_SS_042912_183649
Back to top Go down
Karris

Karris

PostSubject: Re: In the Temple of the Seldarine   In the Temple of the Seldarine EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 1:34 pm

OOC:

This is my attempt to spark a quest based from my own character, Areth'Dael Arivaela'ruar. He is a bard, but for some reason he has begun to manifest divine magic. He would seek guidance from any experienced elven priests or others with experience in the divine. Mostly just RP, but you never know. I have left everything pretty vague, so if you decide you want to join in you will probably have a good chance to shape him as he grows!

Also, since I am very new to elven roleplay, I would love to emphasize on elven culture, religion and tradition, since the elves defined as opposed to the Zhentarim is getting a bit stale. After all, it's just a human organization. We've been around for thousands upon thousands of years!

So if you play an elf with an interest in elf-stuff, send me a pm or answer here.
Back to top Go down
DM Light

DM Light

PostSubject: Re: In the Temple of the Seldarine   In the Temple of the Seldarine EmptySun Apr 29, 2012 3:43 pm

\\That is a very nice post.
Contact me in game and I will reward you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In the Temple of the Seldarine   In the Temple of the Seldarine Empty

Back to top Go down

In the Temple of the Seldarine
Page 1 of 1