Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A butchery by the Boatman.

Go down 
+3
Xeneize
Serebane
Gjallahorn
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Xeneize

Xeneize

A butchery by the Boatman. Empty
PostSubject: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 5:45 pm

Just by the boatman Mahalion the silver haired elven male stands before the vigilant, taunting and defiant Badger the Malarite. There were a gnomish female and as well as a known druiddess by the elf as he shared heated words with the savage follower of Malar.
Soon afterwards had come the Arms-captain known as Karovir of the Akh'Velahr to later result in yet more heated words along with warding magical spells from the trio and a battle delivered. Despite the reluctance to fight a foe the elf claimed to be well beyond their capabilities, Mahalion joined along with Karovir and the druiddess.
It is known that the three were defeated, and at least Mahalion was left lifeless with a cleaved skull in half and a body drowning in its own blood.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 6:33 pm

Since Karovir was not killed in the battle he would have brought Mahalion back to the city and tried to raise him and heal off his wounds after the whole mess was over. After doing what is in his powers he would leave Mahalion to the care of the priests in the temple and leave.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:14 pm

The broken elf would be resurrected and healed from most of his wounds save for his head that remained heavily bandaged for the following days. Mahalion stays in the rooms of the temple for as long as it takes for him to fully heal. He makes sure when he regains consciousness to send Karovir his thanks for seeing to that he returns to the land of the living.
Back to top Go down
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 7:39 pm

Brenor would rush to the temple as soon as he hears the news...looking more stern than ever.

He assists the other clerics in looking after the wounded elf and at times spend a few hours guarding over his friend.

A slight sign of worry can be seen on the elderly war-priests face.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 8:14 pm

During one of the days that he is able to talk at all, the elf laying on a bed with the multiple bandages around his head save for one of his sky-blue eyes sits up on the bed and slowly turns his head towards the vigilant Brenor.
"I thank you for looking after me honored one." He manages a small chuckle before it turns into few coughs and then continues. "I don't remember much of what happenned there although I knew it was over the moment we decided to jump on that monster" He says in a deplorable tone.
"Thanks to Karovir however I am safe; what about the gnome that was with us? and Lhanir? know if they lived at all?"
He pauses, looking at the old elf with his one single eye.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

Serebane

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 10:17 pm

As the day(s) pass, the half-elf eventually returned to Myth Drannor, seeking the whereabouts of Mahalion. When her steps finally lead to the temple, Lhanir located the elf, hoping that all was well, and that he was at least awake to greet her.

She approached to see that Brenor was there before her. Quietly she would stand to the other side, observing the silver-haired elf curiously. "Come now, Mahalion..." she chided playfully. Despite whether or not he would hear her Lhanir continued to speak. "No more tempting fights before your day of cleansing in the wilds. We need you up and ready before then..."
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:39 am

Mahalion's ear merely perks at the familiar voice, his head jerking slowly towards Lhanir as his single visible eye narrowed slowly onto her words; the elf then slowly allows his tired form to plop back down on the bed; seemingly once again giving out to fatigue and drifting back into a slumber, it seems that he wasn't even capable of holding onto reverie for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 2:56 am

*the elder cleric waves a hand dismissing at the overly cheerful half-elf and approaches with his face looking stern*

You there...youngling..*grumbles*...Master Mahalion has been to Avandor and back again...it is not an ordeal that should be taken lightly.

He will not be "Up and ready" *stern-grumble* for SOME time to come.
His wounds where grave, both on body and soul...Corellon willing he will recover from them.
That is *gives a stern glare at the half-elf* if he is allowed his rest....now go...shoo..

*with that he moves over to gently but firmly show the half elf the way out while he mumbles*

Yes..I can shoo you...I am old...I'm allowed..*grumbles*...should you wish it I can send for you...when Mahalion feels better.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

Serebane

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:10 am

Lhanir glanced to the cleric with a small frown as he began to guide her way out, only barely registering his perturbed words as she was effortlessly moved to the door. Once there, she held her ground in an attempt to respond, body swiveling to rest up against the frame of the entryway to prevent herself from being pushed further.

"Forgive me, friend... I did not mean to appear as a happy face for someone who found his way back from death," the druiddess stated knowingly, a polite smile curling the corner of her lips. "I wouldn't dare take such things lightly as it is. I simply came to see how he was doing, and to give him a little incentive for healing more quickly... not necessarily worry."

She flicked her gaze to the now passed out Mahalion before returning it to Brenor, red eyebrows slowly furrowing beneath her hood. "I would appreciate that you do call for me. I am partly to blame for such damage to the elf given that I did not act quickly enough to distract the Malarite..." Lhanir turned, finally slipping out the door to leave the pair in peace.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 3:11 pm

The next day the silver haired elven male wakes up once again. His single uncovered eye slowly opens to stare up at the high ceiling of the temple. His gaze promptly moves to that which possessed living colors such as tapestries or the precious and beautiful plant-life that decorated the nearby room. His body once again lifts to a sitting position on the bed as his eye stares deeply towards a nearby fountain, regarding the water jolt up and down consecutively, following its silhouette.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 6:32 pm

Mahalion goes back to rest after receiving a few visits throughout the day.
Back to top Go down
Molpadia

Molpadia

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 3:47 am

Ryniesta hears about what happend and makes sure to visit Mahalion to see if she can help in any way.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:02 am

Karovir paid a visit to the temple. Seeing that Mahalion was awake again and talking to Lhanir he nodded and just departed again.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:22 pm

Mahalion appears stable and on his well way to recovery. How long it will take at this point is beyond anyone; the healers have done all they could.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 5:15 pm

After some days passed the incident, Nadin visits Mahalion

- I was informed about what happened... I know it's probably something you don't want to talk about, but I can't avoid to ask, I'm sorry. What do you think the person named Badger is? One person alone should never have the power to defeat your united forces... he is some minor avatar of the treacherous hunter? An ancient evil in disguise? What kind of power do you think he holds? The dwarves throwed him from an impossible high pit, still he returned apparently more powerful... I suppose he can't be defeated by vulgar ways, his powers are evidentilly above mortal reach.
Back to top Go down
Mikoto

Mikoto

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 5:45 pm

He slowly passes by the group, kneeling down infront of the statue of Corellon giving out a silent prayer. Overhearing the conversation behind him, he merely lets it slide until he was finished. He slowly gets up after a small moment of peace turning towards the group.

"Badger isn't some avatar or someone above mortals. You're simply doing it wrong. The man hangs onto life so he can finally feel the joy of being hunted, his only goal before he fully dies is to be defeated in single combat by a single man. That is his wish and Malar will keep sending him back until that wish is fulfilled. How do I know all of this you say? Simply put, I got him to see the horizon of death. Mind you I'm still just a novice and I blacked out shortly after but when I woke up. He was satisfied and then that's when the words came out. You all are not analyzing your enemies and rushing into battle gung-ho! That will bring you to doom."

He motions to the condition of Mahalion.

"But he already have it down in his mind, there's only two people I know that's going to grant his wish. Just because it's two people fighting side by side doesn't mean they know each others strength and weaknesses so they act towards it. That's the differences between a team and a group. Analyze, Review, and Prepared the Perfect Plan then maybe you'll defeat him."

With that he takes off, his hand on top of his hilt like always. Watching his surroundings wearily always looking out for incoming threats.

"Sweet Water and Light Laughter."
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:17 pm

Mahalion simply listened to Seaniros and his long lecture. The elf did not appear to have any comment to his words, simply listening and staring with his uncovered skyblue eye. He promptly gave Nadin a small smile before he returned to his sleep. He was in no condition to argue or refute any of the claims the other elf was making.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 6:42 pm

Waits until be certain Serinos is far enough to not hear

- Pardon for Searinos indiscretion... I would not make poor judgement of any of you, I battled at your sides and I know better than him, but unfortunatelly he has this high confidence in his own judgements. Yes Badger is probably just a chosen of his god, but I would not discard other possibilities so fast.

- Anyway I'm being unpolite and unreasonable asking you about this, pardon for the incovenience, I will not repeat it. Rest well and recover brother.
Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:32 pm

Several few days later, Mahalion's single skyblue eye opens; last evening having been able to reverie accurately. He missed his usual form of sleep; satisfaction and awareness of that which surrounds him while going through a period of rest was secure, unlike diving into the unconsciousness of his dreams.
The silverhead starts to unwrap his bandages, for the first time now seeing his own hair that drops back down to his shoulder length since a week ago. Every single of his injuries were gone, with nothing remaining that would remind him of the gruesome appearance he had when he laid in a pool of his own blood. By the powers of Shaundakul and the priests of the Seldarine he survived that day.
He dressed in his usual white tunic and took his leave from the temple; offering polite smiles to those he encountered.
There were things to see to...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A butchery by the Boatman.   A butchery by the Boatman. Empty

Back to top Go down

A butchery by the Boatman.
Page 1 of 1