Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A cloaked elf at the boatman

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
egeloppe

egeloppe

A cloaked elf at the boatman Empty
PostSubject: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:22 pm

its a wonderful bright morning, the birds are singing and the sun is playfully chasing the last of the mist into hiding for the day. the dew is still clinging on to the feeble strings of the spiders web in the tall grass.

this morning, the boatman stops at the docks in Myth Drannor, a single, cloaked figure is sitting in his boat. as the boat stops, the cloaked figure seems to scan the area with a sigh and gets to a stand, a loud snap is heard, like the breaking of a twig, and the figure takes to his knee, muttering and grumbling as he slowly sets foot on the docks.

as the figure picks up an old sack, slings it over his shoulder, he looks around as to gets his bearings, and then heads towards the inn. he do not enter, but instead, takes a seat on the bench near the door and slides off his hood, revealing a one eyed elderly elf, his jetblack hair with silver stains, tied up on the back of his head, and a face showing a man used to be outdoors.

as he sits there, he slowly makes a small wooden pipe ready for smoking, grumbles a bit now and then and gazes out on the inhabitants of the great city.

(some might recognize him as Amar, and all are welcome to jump in with some rp)
Back to top Go down
Sonja Bloodrayne

Sonja Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 4:37 pm

Mara walks out of the inn and stops then smiles.

About damn time you get back. Taeron has had no competition for my affection since you left.

She would laugh and sit next to him.
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

Zaroak

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyWed Jul 03, 2013 7:04 pm

Celovar would nod to the elder elf as a sign of respect as he stands near the inn in his uniform.
Back to top Go down
egeloppe

egeloppe

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 12:10 am

Amar would offer a simple nod in return at Celovar, eyieng him a bit afterwards, a small crooked smile would be seen forming on his lips and he would nod more to himself than anyone else and puff a few times on his pipe.

As the morning sun gets blocked by Mara, he grumbles loudly not really seing who it is, though a small smile in his eye and on his lips as he hears her voice, and he moves just a bit on the bench, as to make her some room to sit.

Puffing on his pipe, only gazing at the patroling guards of Myth Aye, I'm back.  For now at least. becomes still for a moment seems like 'lot of things has changed 'round here, for good or worse is still to be discovered it seems Then he looks at Mara, a warm but still a stern gaze And how are ya these days? He then takes a small pouch from his belt, offering Mara from its contents (dried fruit) I hope ya'll take ya time t' brief me 'bout what happened 'round here a crooked but warm smile as he looks at her.
Back to top Go down
Sonja Bloodrayne

Sonja Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 9:13 am

She would smile and take some of the fruit.
Thank you my dear. Yes many things have happened. One those bastards destroyed my home. The Oak is no more. There is a new Theatre. Its rather nice and good wine and great tea. Tae and I are still not married. I don't see him much lately.. She would shrug and eat her fruit.
We will see what happens. Hells I may die an old maid. Zephyr left for the Zhents. He went back to them. Such a shame too. I'll have to inform you of other things...away from prying ears.

She would finish her fruit then looks to him with a warm smile.
Glad to see you back. I've missed ya. Now tell me of your travels.
Back to top Go down
egeloppe

egeloppe

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 10:59 am

His smile fades as she tells him the news and he grumbles now and then as he gets the information.
Aye.. nods.  I saw the remains of t' Oak on me way here, and must admit I was a tad worried.. nods again. I hope at least t' bastard that did it, got what he deserved, eh? looks at her for a brief moment. A theatre.. mumbles a bit to himself I could use a bit of entertainment, n' some good wine..   then he gives her a questioningly gaze I thought ya n' Taeron would've been...   well....    I'm sure he's making a big mistake here.  Offers her a small smile. N' I'm sure ya won't die an old maid, Gotta be plenty of suitable men out there only wait'n t' get a go.. small chuckle For Zephyr..   I never relly trusted t' man... grumbles and takes a piece of fruit, chews it slowly. Ya wanted t' know bout' my travels...  They've been... troublesome and revealing..  mostly bout' me'self..  stares a bit at the ground  During me travels, I realized, that I have been living with guilt for t' last 250 years n' its been eatin' me up from t' inside.. But.. I've parted with t' past, its been left behind n' t' scars have healed, but its not forgotten, and t' scars will still be visible  looks at her I'm sorry..  I seem t' be ramling here..   offers her a crookede smile as offers her some more dried fruit. Its nice t' have been missed.. n' good t' see ya're still 'round.

Puts the small bag of fruit between them and makes his pipe ready for smoking

I'll tell ya more details later, if ya would like?

Back to top Go down
Sonja Bloodrayne

Sonja Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 12:00 pm

She sits there with a smile to her face.
I'm glad your on the mend.  Scars don't always have to be visible to be seen.  Tae will be around I'm sure he is just busy with patrols and keeping the area safe.. She looks to the ground and mumbles to herself.

Yes the new theatre is quite nice and enjoyable. There is a spot by the river I have been eyeing for a while to build a little cottage. I haven't been around many of the looks around and lowers her voice rebels much they seem to be doing their own thing and no one seems to informe of anything these days. So I have been keeping to myself and a fewclose ffriends.. She takes another piece of fruit and pulls a cigar out of her armor and bites off the tip and lights it.  
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

Zaroak

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:21 pm

Theater...hmph. I do hope you enjoy the company of the Zhentarim inside kin.

Celovar pushes himself off of the fence and begins to move away from the area.

Last edited by Zaroak on Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
egeloppe

egeloppe

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 1:32 pm

Looks at her for a moment. I can't help but feel that there's more t' it.. so..  if ya're in need t' talk about something or just.. .   well.. ya know..  I'm around if ya wanna talk. grumble-mutters a bit as he looks towards the river..

A cottage ya say..   by the river..  I'm sure it's t' most beautiful spot in miles..   N' peaceful..
Lights his pipe.. puff....puff..   Any good fishing there..  would ya know? eyes her.

Seems for a moment to be lost in memory.. Good n' close friends are a rare thing these days.. Puff puff.  make sure t' cherish them. puff puff  N' make sure t' tell t' ones ya care bout'...  how much ya care..  I for one regret never doing so quite enough.   puff puff..  grumble and looks towards the river again.
Back to top Go down
Sonja Bloodrayne

Sonja Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 2:33 pm

She nods a bit and smiles
I have been talking to those I care about more and I don't know if there is more to it than that. We will see when or if he returns. She pats his knee with a grin. Yes I know and I'm glad your around again. Missed talking to ya. Yes the cottage is going to be in a pretty area. Gives Celovar a look then goes back to speaking with Amar. I ain't seen zhents there since almost the opening. She would shrug. Its a neutral place and I ain't the one running it so I don't give two rats asses who goes there as long as they leave me and mine alone to drink and enjoy the entertainment. I'll have to take ya there Amar. I think you would like it. She takes another puff on the cigar she is holding.
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

Zaroak

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 3:09 pm

Celovar having left would not hear them needlessly and unintelligibly bitching

Last edited by Zaroak on Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DM_Kraneia

DM_Kraneia

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 3:29 pm

((Let's keep it civil here. There's no need for rudeness or trolling for the purpose of bringing up past arguments.))
Back to top Go down
Sonja Bloodrayne

Sonja Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 3:31 pm

((Thank you Kraneia))
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

Zaroak

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyThu Jul 04, 2013 3:46 pm

// That was civil, just letting you know he has departed already.
Back to top Go down
egeloppe

egeloppe

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 2:05 am

I sure could use a guide 'round here.. seems like I've been 'way for so long, me feet can't even remember the roads n' path I used t' walk.. chuckles. either that or by some weird magic t' paths have changed their patterns.. chuckles and offers a crooked smile N' a trip t' t' theater woulod be great I think.. some entertainment n' good company another crooked warm smile would be most welcome.. N' Zhent or no zhents.. shrugs As long they respect t' neutrality of t' place.. I will as well.. grumbles a bit

Reaches down for his back, and brings forth a small, nicely carved wooden box and offers it to Mara.
It's a small box of delicate cigars, I brought a couple og em.. Mostly with Piak in mind.. But I think thye're way too good of quality for him chuckles he still 'round these parts?

Back to top Go down
Sonja Bloodrayne

Sonja Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 8:05 am

She would smile brightly at the box. Oh Amar you know how to get to a woman's heart. she would chuckle. I'll be more than happy to be your guide. Just to take a walk and get away from certain ears. And yes Piak is still around....now and again. I don't see him much.. She gets up and stretches a bit.
Back to top Go down
Kuitenknieper

Kuitenknieper

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 8:13 am

The door of the Star creaks, and the first thing the two see as it opens is the brim of a hat and a feather.
"Someone mentioned me? Whatever it is, I doubt you have any proof." Piak yawns and stretches. "Hello, both of you. Been a while. And if you don't mind some company, we can pay that theatre a visit together some time... only been there once, but I wasn't too overwhelmed back then. Likely bad timing."
If Amar'd let him, he'd smell the cigars like a gourmet testing a good wine, then light one while they still stand outside or walk.
Back to top Go down
Sonja Bloodrayne

Sonja Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 8:22 am

She would smile. Well speak of the devil and he appears. Good to see you Piak. I don't know if some of these people around here realize some of the information I have gathered by going to the theatre.. She would shake her head. I think some just don't look at the long run for us. Oh well its their prerogative. I enjoy the tea and the ale. They have semi private areas to talk and you would be surprised at what you can hear when no one thinks people are listening.. She puff on the cigar.
Back to top Go down
egeloppe

egeloppe

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 8:54 am

At the sound of the well known voice of Piak, Amar grumbles.  So..   ya've been sleeping til' now eh..  Nothing much changede there. Eyes Piak for a moment, then lets out a small chuckle as he tosses a small wooden box towards him.. Here ya go, lad. N' good t' see ya..  still peeking in on tha' bugbears in ya sparetime eh? ya alway liked em a bit furry.    Seems to ponder a bit, and grumble-mutters while doing so..  Then he looks at Piak and Mara..  what happened t' t' Keeper? Puffs his pipe  I heard Auryne got mad or somewhat, eh?
Back to top Go down
Sonja Bloodrayne

Sonja Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:06 am

Piak might be able to answer that better than me. I don't know all the specifics of it. I just know that Nadin is the Keeper now. He seems to be doing a good job though. I think they definitely picked the right person to take the office.. She would nod a few times.
Back to top Go down
Kuitenknieper

Kuitenknieper

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:10 am

"Pfft, quit the slander, Donna Auryne has always been plain mad. But if you ask me for details on her retirement, i am afraid I can't give you any. Last time I saw her, she looked alright, though, thanks to the Seldarine.
The elf in charge is Nadin now. From what I can see, he is doing a pretty good job too."
Back to top Go down
Sonja Bloodrayne

Sonja Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:14 am

As she listens to Piak she would nod a few times. Perhaps we can seek her out and have a chat. I ain't seen her in ages. I do hope she is doing well. She is supposed to be my Maid of Honor at my wedding. If it ever happens she would chuckle.
Back to top Go down
egeloppe

egeloppe

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:38 am

Nods at Mara Would be quite interesting.. Though I did not always agree with her ways, I always saw her as a friend.. Mumbles a bit as he puffs his pipe.. then shakes his head.. what 'bout t' Lyons.. they where a mad bunch.. they still 'round? small chuckle I'm pretty darn sure that.. what's her name.. Maya.. I think... are t' cause of several stains of grey n' silver in me hair.. rund a hand thru his hair. Mad she is.. nods a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sonja Bloodrayne

Sonja Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 9:48 am

Shakes her head. Ain't seen hide nor hair of them lately. Not sure if they left the area or got killed off. Yes she was a bit touched it seems. Didn't quite know what to expect from her especially after finding out she had a thing for Tae. I mean if he wanted to be with her all he had to do was say so. But I think he thought she might be a bit mad as well. . She would shrug a bit
Back to top Go down
egeloppe

egeloppe

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman EmptyFri Jul 05, 2013 11:30 am

grumbles a bit touched.. she was mad as a hatter.. Hard t' count t' times Both Kivan n' I wanted either t' strangle her or poison her.. Mutters.. only a mild poison o'course.. only t' give her n' opset stomach.. n' leave us alone.. small crooked smile and a chuckle imagine t' see her running roun' t' find a suitable place.. hand on her stomach n' one on her behind.. Grumble-chuckles and trails off with a smirk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A cloaked elf at the boatman   A cloaked elf at the boatman Empty

Back to top Go down

A cloaked elf at the boatman
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next