Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Research in the Myth Drannor Library

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Haas2

Haas2

Research in the Myth Drannor Library Empty
PostSubject: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 10:36 pm

*Jacia can be seen by the normal patrons of the Library asking the Librarians for any books she can find on Dragons and the feuds between the colors, she spends the next couple of days in the Library studying with fierce determination, all the while holding a curious cloth in her hand, it seems to have great value to her*

Research in the Myth Drannor Library Nwn2_s10

Research in the Myth Drannor Library Nwn2_s11

Research in the Myth Drannor Library Nwn2_s12

Research in the Myth Drannor Library Nwn2_s13

Research in the Myth Drannor Library Nwn2_s14

Research in the Myth Drannor Library Nwn2_s15

//Lore Roll= 28
Back to top Go down
Haas2

Haas2

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 12:24 pm

*During Jacia's breaks between reading tomes she would pray for the loss of the Golden Dragon Egg to her deity, Bahamut. Speaking softly in Draconic she would recite prayers and call for his aid on the matter, calling for him to restore the egg and grant her knowledge on the whereabouts of the Gold Dragon that has lost its child to the Red Dragon.*
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 6:39 pm

Karovir who came to the library to return several books about mythals sees Jacia and approaches her: "Good day, miss. I never saw you in this city before. My name is Karovir. Are you looking for information about gold dragons? They are the good sort of dragons and I met one once. I am no expert though and hope I don't stick my nose into your business too much but if I could help somehow, let me know."
Back to top Go down
Haas2

Haas2

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyMon Dec 03, 2012 8:11 pm

As Karovir approaches Jacia quickly folds away the shards of the shattered Gold Dragon egg. She would look up at him and offer a weak smile, seeming exhausted from reading through the tomes as much as she can. "I...Yes, I am, Karovir. My name is Jacia, I'm new to the Dales and already I have encountered an atrocity that must answered for. From what I have heard from another man, an Old Red Dragon had taken the egg of a Gold recently.....The egg...." She looks down a moment. "The egg was destroyed by the Zhentarim, who had sided with the Red....I now seek to learn anything I can of the feud between these two dragons within the Dales. Though I mainly seek the Gold Dragon who lost its unborn child, so that I may return the remains to it. As a warrior of Bahamut, it is my duty to see that this is done."

She would look to him somberly and listen to any information he had to offer to her.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 8:07 am

"A gold and red dragon here in Cormanthor or the Dales? This is new to me. But as far as I know it is possible to scry for the gold dragon. At least I know one person who could as he scried one for me once already. It is the high mage Araevin. I don't know how busy he is now though. But maybe other wizards can scry for it too. I don't understand much of it but often it helps if you have something which belongs to that dragon."
Back to top Go down
Haas2

Haas2

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Her smile would brighten at the information. "If there is any way that I can gain an audience with the High Mage I would be greatly in your debt!" She would hesitate a moment before slowly opening the bunched up cloth. As she does so the candlelight hits the shards of what looks to be a gilded egg. Offering Karovir only a quick look she quickly folds the remains away. "I would prefer not to make a scene of this, especially with something as valuable as this. Do you think it would be enough for Araevin to use to scry the dragon?"
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 2:51 pm

Karovir catches a quick glance of the shards and rubs his beard: "Are those really...? How did you get those?" He would pause a moment and ponder for a short bit then continues: "Araevin visits the library often as far as I know but you also could write him a letter and give it to a guard or me if you like. I am quite sure one of those shards will be enough but as I said I am no expert. You might also want to try to contact the spell captain of the Akh'Velahr, Nadin, he asked Araevin once to teach him how to scry so it's worth a try as well."
Back to top Go down
Araevin Teshurr

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 3:04 pm

Araevin starts speaking from behinde them as if he simply appeared out of no where.
"That is a very interesting egg you got there."
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 4:16 pm

Karovir turns around quickly and grumbles loud: "By Shaundakul's beard! You will give me a heart attack one day. And I thought he would be still exhausted from the casting..." He takes a deep breath: "Well as you are here. Maybe you could help the lady here? You have the right toy for that."
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 5:07 pm

Nadin who was earlier in the library, returns to continue his researches about the chult of the dragon when notices the comotion.

- Now lady, when I showed you the way to the library I never imagined it was something of that would get such special atention.

The elf smiles politely and lowers his head lightly in a formal manner to them.

- Arms Captain, High Mage, miss, mind if I join you?
Back to top Go down
Haas2

Haas2

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:39 pm

Jacia would nod once to quell his disbelief. "They are real, I can promise you that. They were given to me by a man that witnessed the whole encounter. His name was Allen, I believe. If you know Araevin as well as you claim to could you pass him along a message from me? I have met Nadin once before and i will seek him out in his crafting hall." She would look grimly to the wrapped egg shards once more and then look to Karovir with determination in her eyes. "I would do anything to see these returned to the parent of the egg. And I will bring swift justice to the people responsible for such an atrocity."
Back to top Go down
Haas2

Haas2

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:41 pm

//Whoops, didn't see you post till now.

As Jacia speaks, she is cut short and jumps at the sound of Araevin behind her. Her golden eyes would lighten with hope as she turns to see both the High Mage and Nadin approach. "Bahamut does me a great favor this day it seems." She would laugh lightly, still startled by the sudden appearance of both and warmly welcome them to join.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:54 am

"Speaking of the devils here they are. You know Nadin already. The other one is the high mage Araevin who always likes to appear out of nowhere." He would give Araevin a certain side glance. Then he looks back to Jacia: "Now that both experts are here I think I am not really needed anymore and leave you three to it. Let me know if there is anything I could do. Until then farewell."
Back to top Go down
Haas2

Haas2

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 am

Jacia would offer Karovir a warm smile and bow her head as he makes his leave. "Thank you for your help Karovir, Dragonfire light your path." She would then look to Nadin and Araevin quizzically, still a bit shocked by their sudden arrival.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:49 am

Before Karovir leaves Nadin adds

- Ah Arms Captain, your experience here is always welcome, besides if I understood correctly the zhentarin are involved, and few have your experience here facing them. But I understand you have other duties to deal with sir, so I do think we can handle this, well, technically I'm certain the high mage could handle alone *smiles politely to Araevin*. Mind if I stay and maybe learn something too Araevin? By the way, now I am able to cast the most powerful common wizard spells, so I hope can be of more use.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:05 pm

Karovir would smirk at Nadin: "Scrying and magic stuff is your specialty. Mine is protection, healing, strolling and a lot of killing. As I said, call me if you need me for one of the things I am of use for. Be well, miss Jacia, and lets hope the dragonfire doesn't get blown out on my way." With that he goes to put the books he had back where they belong.
Back to top Go down
Haas2

Haas2

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 4:48 pm

Jacia would smirk and lightly add, "It takes more than a few stray winds to blow out Dragonfire, Karovir. We shall call upon you should we need your aid." Offers him a quick nod.
Back to top Go down
Haas2

Haas2

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 5:20 pm

Jacia would turn to face Araevin and Nadin and loom between them both. After a moment of judging her options she pulls out a bunched up cloth and sets it on the table of the study room. She quickly stands and closes the door after scanning around the Hall of echoes. Once closed she returns and stands before them, opening the cloth carefully and revealing the shards of a shattered Gold Dragon egg. She finally speaks in a hushed tone, "I haven't been here long and already I have found a reason for myself to remain in these lands. It seems the Zhentarim has aided in the destruction of this egg. A man by the name of Dragonfire, and Bahamut curse him for taking such a surname, was the one responsible for the death of this unborn child. I will serve justice upon him soon enough, but before I do this, I need to see that these remains are returned to the parent. Can either of you help me to locate the Gold I seek? I wish to bring the remains before it myself, as a servant of Bahamut and Warrior of Gold Dragons. Please, is there any way that you can help to use the remains of the egg to scry for it?"
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 6:05 pm

Nadin would politely gives Araevin the preference to speak, but noticing the mage is probably in his mind travels, he adds.

Well lady, first I would like to hear more details if you have, like how this ended in your hands, someone ordered the egg destruction? Who is this Dragonfire person you mention, can you give a full name and description? And now... remains of a gold dragon egg *he looks somehow sad to the pieces and exhales deeply* well, no one want to see their child this way. Are you certain the gold baby was killed, and no ritual of corruption was executed to transform him?
Well, its maybe possible to track magically, but many powerful people have counter measures to not be searched this way... so if the dragon don't want be found we probably can't found her... but its worth a try, besides, just to mention, many limitations make impossible to perform some spells, and I dont know about a gold dragon in the area, but you came to the right place, be certain, we will do all we can to help in this, right High Mage? *smiles politely to Araevin*
Back to top Go down
Haas2

Haas2

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 8:34 pm

Jacia frowns and looks down a moment, trying to recall the details. "A man named Allen...He was a dark skinned man with salt and pepper colored hair, and wore furs of various animals. He was the one that gave me the remains of the egg. He was quick with his explanation and seemed in a hurry to be rid of it. He told me that he had recovered the remains from the ground after Dragonfire destroyed it. He wasn't keen on the details, he merely said that Dragonfire destroyed the egg whilst it was still intact." She chokes on her words a bit, hesitating to discern further how the egg was destroyed. A distraught look comes over her face but she continues. "The way Allen described the encounter, it seemed as though both Dragons were not in Shadowdale but rather communicating via opened portals to their domains. The Gold had appeared first and told whoever was present to go through the Red Dragon's portal and recover its egg. They succeeded, but the Red told them once he discovered what they did that he would destroy Shadowdale, if they did not get rid of the egg. I believe that Dragonfire made his choice based on this fear and destroyed it at this point...."

Jacia would shake her head and wipe a single tear from her eye.
"I don't know his first name, nor what he looks like. All I know is that he is of the Zhentarim. I'm sorry if I cannot divulge more, Allen was quick with his information."

Upon hearing that it may be next to impossible to scry she would look to Nadin determinedly and respond.
"We have to at least try. If you cannot help me find the Gold then I will use anything I have discovered here in the Hall of Echoes and search for it on horseback. I need to return these remains to it, even if its not what the Gold will want to see, it has to know that it has friends in these lands and that I am willing to offer my aid."
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyFri Dec 07, 2012 11:08 pm

He ponders a while before talk.

- If this really happened how he said... well it's still sad to know a gold one was killed this way... hm, I never said I would not try to search her magically, and of course we will try.
Back to top Go down
Araevin Teshurr

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 2:51 pm

\\I'd like to do this in game if you wish Smile will you be available later this evening?
Back to top Go down
Haas2

Haas2

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 3:32 pm

/// what time are you thinking? I'm on the US East Coast time. So it's mid afternoon right now. I'm willing to stay up a little late for this though!
Back to top Go down
Araevin Teshurr

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptySat Dec 08, 2012 4:12 pm

\\gonna be around now for some time
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 10:38 pm

- Well, now let's try to find the name of the mother and any other information, this can help in the scry process *smiles faint in an almost saddened way*. I will need just a moment to study the spells, and we will have to start in a reserved and airy room due the smoke.

Nadin reads from a small grimoire, and after find a suitable place he picks four strips of ivory setting them around the remains of the egg forming a rectangle, then he lights an expensive and exotic incense, concentrating deeply and casts a legend lore spell. ((ooc: I can trash 250 gold or you can remove if prefer// Disregarding his finds he will attempt to scry the gold dragon after this.((PM sent//

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Research in the Myth Drannor Library   Research in the Myth Drannor Library Empty

Back to top Go down

Research in the Myth Drannor Library
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next