Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Research at the Library in Myth Drannor

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skyiba

Skyiba

Research at the Library in Myth Drannor Empty
PostSubject: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 11:37 pm

blue would come in at a fast angry but determined pace.. He would walk over to the restrict sections and fling a door open walk in and slam the door shut..

(in hall of echoes past)

blue would pull a list and begin to look it over saying ok now I need anything on liches, dawn stone, tower of bones, naturalist guild, vampires, and anything on the undead avarial, and dracolich.. he looks for any thing to do with necromancy and spells also along with rituals and the castle in dagger hills..

this aught to be a good place to start. he walks through and uses a cataloging system as well as random looking incase some books were out of place..

He would go through and pull any and all books, reports, ledgers, notes, anything and everything he could find that even hinted at anything on the subjects he was looking for.. he would begin to stack the books and anything else up as he finds them..

he would be searching for a while as he put all his previous work on hold and no matter how much he tried there was an anger burning with in him that even he has not known before..

He would set out his cup for tea and a water skin full of tea and some bits of food he had with some jerky and fruit..

(sorry didn't want to highjack the other thread of research going on so posted a new one if you would like dm I can repost this in the other thread make it easier for you to keep track of or I can move it to a private thread your call)
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 8:19 am

during the night when he is not training he is researching the undead in the library trying to find all the information he can and gathering it up to present to all those who need such.

he seeks reverie now and then but usualy gets only an hour or two tops..
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 8:38 am

at night he would look the what ever was found and wright down what he found as notes.. if he finds anything.

Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

DM Carbuncle

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:21 am

since Blue is studying about nine subjects at the same time, he would make very slow Progress, as he would need to read through dozens upon dozens of tomes and books.

The Librarian watching the books he piles up would shake her head

" Maybe i can help a bit there. Serveral people have come here in the past tendays researching similiar Topics.. its all a rush mmh?
You younglings Need to take a more slower approach. Real research will take time.
I can tell you already that we dont have much at all about the Tower of Bones. No books from the Tower made their way to this library. If you are keen on finding references on that subject i will tell you the same as the Keeper. Your best Chance will probably be to sort through the letters of that time in hope you will find some mention or gossip about the Tower as the School of Necromancy was a much debated subject at that time. This will take a lot of time however as you Need to sort through a lot of letters and read them all."
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 11:31 am

he would nod to the librarian and thank her also informing her he is expecting a few initiates to show up
which he will assign specific topics to research.. he would smirk at the youngling part and shake his head.

no not a yongling and yes there is a small rush as I grow tied of this undead threat and its constant harassment and vile presence around this city and in the ruins.. it will be dealt with and sooner rather than later.

we had a chance to deal with this sooner but lacked the help or interest to help and now it threatens all..
I will be damned if I let it get much further before action is taken.. come hell or high water this will be ended one way or another.. even the drow dare not enter the forest of the honored fallen and yet these undead are all through it now this will not be tolerated what so ever.

I will be having them research the liches the winged undead the drcolich the naturalist guild and those letters you mentioned on the tower of bones.. for some reason they seem focused on the ruins I want to know why and for what purpose.. I also want to know as much information I can about them all so we can form a better plan than me rushing headlong into a battle.. which I will likely do anyways but better prepared than now.. but at least we will have some knowledge with which to form plans on..

he would force himself to calm down and maintain control of his emotions.. but she can tell its not directed at her it is just the thought of the undead and necromancy that gets him riled up as it is a show of the utmost disrespect to them and their dead..
Back to top Go down
ChiFlav

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 2:24 pm

Kalin, having returned to the library while waiting for Nadin to get back to him with the Ahk'Velahr research, chimes in after eavesdropping for a bit.

"How about I help you with that, Mister Blue? It would appear that we are working on the same line of research anyhow, so we might as well work together!"

He would then turn to the librarian.

"Thank you for your earlier advice, Miss. And with Mister Blue's permission, could you give me a portion of the letters? I suspect we can get through them faster if we divvy up the stack, and this Tower of Bones seems like our best lead at the moment."
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 2:46 pm

Blue would nod.. I was hoping some other would show up also to help but I suppose we can get started on these..

if the librarian need help with the letters blue would follow her and help her gather them..
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:23 pm

blue makes a list of things to research an names thought to be them or associated with.. he would assign names to the list for study as he gets them in..

Lich Detherian Elnorn

Tower of Bones - blue and kalin

powerful lich, Druuth

the chult of The dragon

guild of Naturalists

greater lich

lich Kalin Mirnimane

Dracolich

Winged undead - possibly avariel or feyri vampire - nadin

Necromancy rituals - aureco

ways to heal the land - aureco

etchings on pillars - teleportation ritual -

Last edited by Skyiba on Thu May 01, 2014 10:51 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Archimedes

Archimedes

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptyThu Apr 24, 2014 9:49 pm

Jay and I looked at the pillars that were taken from the old Tower of Bones site.

It turns out that the carvings on the pillars, when arranged in their large oval configuration, would spell out a teleportation ritual.

It should be pointed out that only a few pillars were recovered from the site, so large portions of the ritual are missing here. Likewise, the pillars being taken by the undead also don't form the complete ritual, since we have portions of it here.

I took the liberty of making these paper etchings of the carvings on the pillars, and numbering each one according to the pillar it was on. I present these in hopes that someone more schooled in magic than I can glean more specific information about the ritual.

Back to top Go down
http://www.wayneself.com
Skyiba

Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 12:08 am

blue would listen and accept the etchings..

thank you cleo this will be useful I think.. was there anything else needing research or is my list as accurate as it can be? *shows him the list*
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptyFri Apr 25, 2014 12:08 am

blue would listen and accept the etchings..

thank you cleo this will be useful I think.. was there anything else needing research or is my list as accurate as it can be? *shows him the list*
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 3:08 pm

blue would send a note to the librarian to hand to kalin..

kalin,

it seems my training has gotten the best of me finaly. I do appologise for the inconvience this poses on you.. I will be seeing a cleric tomorrow and hope after that I will be able to return to help with the research.. again I am sorry about this..

my apologies,
blue mage
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 9:57 pm

a separate letter is sent to the librarian ..

(pm sent)
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptySat Apr 26, 2014 9:57 pm

a separate letter is sent to the librarian ..

(pm sent)
Back to top Go down
ChiFlav

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptySun Apr 27, 2014 3:24 pm

Kalin would read Blue's letter, shrug, then get back to work looking through old letters. Later in the evening, he would write back to Blue:

"To Blue,

I hope you are feeling better soon. Don't worry about me and take all the time you need to heal from whatever it is that happened. Also, while you are laid up, can you write Keeper Nadin and see if he has had a chance to go over the Akh'Velahr reports about Saryas and the fey'ri? Thanks!

Wishing you the best,
Kalin Mirnimane

P.S. It would seem that a vampire has been running amok. I'll give you details when you're feeling better."
Back to top Go down
Skyiba

Skyiba

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor EmptyThu May 01, 2014 9:57 am

blue returning to library and into a private study only those allowed may enter in one of the sealed areas.. takes the letter about the bone tower and studies them himself alone..

(Thread ended)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Research at the Library in Myth Drannor   Research at the Library in Myth Drannor Empty

Back to top Go down

Research at the Library in Myth Drannor
Page 1 of 1