Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me

Go down 
+3
LimitedIllusion
Roveston
DM Atropos
7 posters
AuthorMessage
feline

Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me Empty
PostSubject: Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me   Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:28 pm

Ok, I'm on a server where My toon gets a talking to by a DM for a snuggle and a kiss on the cheek, And another DM defends Pedophile remarks made in public ( And If they are pretending, Even in a mocking way that my toon is a child and not a hin It is still a nasty ass thing to do)

So fine, I go to report this drama ICLY as part of a pitch to get a sling enchanted. And I got the law in town defending this crap ICLY?!>!>
I'm sorry people This was worth it to drag that screenie i deleted out of data heaven to post here but this is some serously messed up crap!
On a social server Those People would of been BANED! in a heart beat for even an offhanded remark like that

Don't get me wrong, I met some people I liked here, I had some fun times and it Is awesome to play a bard on a server that is not stupidly high magic. But In no way in hell can i be a part of this, I'm sorry.

[img]Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me Nwn2_s13[/img]

Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me Nwn2_s14

Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me Nwn2_s15
Back to top Go down
feline

PostSubject: Re: Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me   Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:30 pm

And i did forget to mention, In town when the screenie was taken it was only sexual implication. My first weekend here, My toon was raped by an elf in myth that kept calling her his little baby girl. Sorry I could not take a screenie of that I have some desire to avoid jail irl
Back to top Go down
LimitedIllusion

LimitedIllusion

PostSubject: Re: Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me   Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:46 pm

I'm sorry to see all this and have you go, I'll miss you Kerina ;(

On a side note, I believe it is a rule to not be doing talk like that in public. Both as a law and a rule OOC. (rule 10)

To have our already diminishing population effected by something like this I would strongly urge the DMs to find this player and ask them to stop at the very least, if not more.
Back to top Go down
DM Atropos

DM Atropos

PostSubject: Re: Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me   Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:56 pm

LimitedIllusion wrote:

To have our already diminishing population effected by something like this I would strongly urge the DMs to find this player and ask them to stop at the very least, if not more.

There is a discussion currently on this topic but, as we were only given the information yesterday we have not had appropriate time to react.

However, in general, please remember that DMs are people, too. We have certain proceedures we have to follow when a complaint like this is made which includes speaking to all parties involved in the incident, to ensure fairness. We are dealing with the issue, but somethings take longer than a day to gets results from.

Please, have a little patience with us.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Roveston

PostSubject: Re: Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me   Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 11:58 pm

while the whole thing is quite disturbing, i would ask to reconsider your choice for not every player here is a weirdo. months playing here and I never bumped into such situation
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

Zaroak

PostSubject: Re: Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me   Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:00 am

What the make gentle love? How did this happen and the guards not know about it?
Back to top Go down
LimitedIllusion

LimitedIllusion

PostSubject: Re: Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me   Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:26 am

Having heard her problems that shes had since she started, I'm not surprised Roveston. Shes hit what must be every troll and weirdo the server has to offer.
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

Zaroak

PostSubject: Re: Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me   Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:33 am

I have never encourteed these problems and only heard of two incidents twice in the entire existence of the server. Both players are gone now. I would like to know what happened so that we can resolve this and you can continue playing here.
Back to top Go down
feline

PostSubject: Re: Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me   Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 12:39 am

Apoligies for the rules transgression, But Most Countries have LAWs on this subject. Like the Euro and american ones that make up a nice amount of the player base. But i'm sorry I value my freedom IRL more then I do my rp, I mean for fawks sake I should of actualy took screenshots of the first incident and sent them to the FBI! They have a department dedicated to this topic! But the machine i play on is subject to inspection and i have a draconian workplace that would press charges on me if it was found.

This Stuff IS FOUL!! I heard about this server on haven And I enjoyed quite a bit of the darker RP here. But when someone brings an issue of pedophilia up to a DM, The first response should not be what was written! Seriously There are ERP rules on this server that set the tone of what is acceptable in public discourse on the subject of love. I'm more enraged at the IC and OOC responces to this then the actual second incident myself

Do you want to know why you have trouble keeping people, Messed up rp dynamics aside (although to vent that, The zhents seem to be the closest to a lawful good system on the server and most of the elfs who are rping i think need there rp compared to their char alignment, Just a thought) Is issues like this come up and they get ignored and responses like I received! I have heard this same story a dozen times on haven! Although to this servers credit this is the first time it is pedo related.

And yes, I do know halfling chars attract the freeks. Its true on any server or MMO. But when i saw this servers ERP policy i decided this should be a decent enough place to enjoy a hin for a change.
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

Zaroak

PostSubject: Re: Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me   Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:02 am

1. Let me say that the incident is foul, but it was also in rp. It did not actually happen as far as I understand. They are evil and perverted characters. They would think like this. Is it gross and messed up? Yes. If they existed in our society should they be killed? Personally I say yes as the matter is quite disgusting. But at the same time is is also rp. From what I understand the second incident did not happen. I know nothing about the first incident. If the RP makes you uncomfortable simply send them a tell and say hey thats to vile for me and the player will not do it agin. If they do screen shot it and send the cases to DMs and the person will get in trouble.

2. No one turned it in and you should calm down. You are over exaggerating honestly. It was not real life, no child was touched this way. Your character was not even a child it was a halfling. Your not going to jail over this.

3. I am sick of people bitching about the people that go against the Zhentarim. Alot of them are not actually good aligned. And wanting to kill someone whom rapes and kills and enslaves your people is perfectly logical. And Zhentarim should not appear to be lawful good.

Edited for language: BedlamX
Back to top Go down
cdnspr

cdnspr

PostSubject: Re: Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me   Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:57 am

So, just so we're all on the same page, this is all about an innuendo in poor taste? Because a lot of the rp that happens here also involves things that are not only in poor taste, but are outright illegal in real life: murder, torture, slavery, theft, etc. I think it's weird that people are cool with violence and gore and all that but as soon as someone says another person's too young for sexual relations, that's over the line.
Back to top Go down
Randall

Randall

PostSubject: Re: Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me   Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:07 am

Hrm. The 'RL Laws' things isn't true, though. I mean, these countries have books with stories about it, there's movies with girls being married at 12 and all that. What would be illegal is if the actual players behind the characters were children, which I hope, wasn't the case. I don't think someone can be jailed or even suspected for 'roleplaying', or writing stories. That would be as ridiculous as jailing a movie writer because one of his character jumped off a building from the window, hanging on someone's bowels, to the window next floor. Very Happy There's also people with dark humour in RL, and they're not being jailed for it (unless their humour is to DO what they think is funny in the imaginative of course =p).

Sad to see you've been hit by all the wierdos on, though. Myself when I play here I've been lucky to avoid those, exept on my first time but that was nearly three years ago with people who are probably long gone, and it can happen on any server.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me   Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 2:57 am

As you can imagine, we've been discussing the incident heavily in DM land and I was sitting back waiting for something that actually shows child rape was Rp'ed yet received none. It's getting to a point now where it seems this thing is moving on pure emotion which is never a good thing. I'm going to raise a few points in here and close this thread because I don't see any good that can come from it. If DM Atropos, Nocturne or Ocelot decide to reopen it, that's their decision.

1) I ran an event last week where a family of human male named La'nir was captured by a red dragon. When the players attempted to save the family, they were burned and killed including the two children. I can tell you right now, I will not be receiving any visits from the FBI or Police for child murder nor will I get questioned about the death of their mother. Obvious right? This example is literally no different then child rape occuring on the server. While child rape triggers an emotional response in most of us, we need to keep logic in tact.

2) While child rape is a topic we as a Staff are completely against, your character is a half-ling and not a child so it's not actually child rape. Another example, I could call DM Nocturne's female PC a cow and ERP with her, this does not mean I'm committing beastiality, it means I'm a scumbag male.

3) We don't permit calling out others publicly like this on the forum. As mentioned, take it up with a PM to the Staff.

Now if there's any actual IC child rape, please feel free to forward it to the Staff as we do take that serious. Keep in mind however, we do not permit ANY person to play a child so I'm unsure how that would be possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me   Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me Empty

Back to top Go down

Sorry People, But this is to messed up for me
Page 1 of 1