Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rangers Rest

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

Rangers Rest Empty
PostSubject: Rangers Rest   Rangers Rest EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 7:04 pm

A tall human male in his early 30's sets up a simple lean-too next to the tents at the Rangers-camp on the fox-ridge.

He wears a skin across his broad shoulders as a cape, a grey hood and simple grey-ish leather armor.
Across his back a massive greatsword is straped and two belts with small pouches is crosed across his chest.
A large male wild-boar with tusks the size of daggers walks alongside him and stays at his side for the most part.

His hair with a redish hue is tied in a ponytail and he has a rough look about him.
In the evening he sits to himself, reading, smokeing a small wodden pipe and all in all minding his own buisness.

He would listen in when visitors comes to camp, and offer a firm nod of greeting to those that would greet him.

If asked of his buisness at the camp, he would offer a smile and simply say that he is waiting for an old friend

Back to top Go down
Psy Knight

Rangers Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rangers Rest   Rangers Rest EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 6:55 am

Pan would slowly walk over to the rangers camp, this time dressed in her boars leather and iron wood armor, walking over to the store person she would browse what he had on sale befor looking over at the grey shadow and cocking her head "You have the look of someone that is often caught inbetween coming and going." Pam would say with a wolfish grin
Back to top Go down
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

Rangers Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rangers Rest   Rangers Rest EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 4:05 pm

Keldor looks up from the book he is reading, his blue-grey eyes fixing on Pan.
He offers a smile and puffs the small wooden pipe.

"One ship can sail westward and another eastward, both on a northen wind...it all depends on how you set your rigging...for most part I however am content to drifting along; going where the wind decides.
These days, events in this region seems to have caused a becalm and for now I shall linger here."

He streches slightly and closes the book.

"Who knows..Shandakul willing something productive might come of it ehh?"

He chuckles and smiles faintly.
Back to top Go down
Psy Knight

Rangers Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rangers Rest   Rangers Rest EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 2:16 am

Pan would tilt her head and smile. "I'v never been to see, I would like to at somepoint, swim around under the sea, feel the water agienst my scales and explore the vast unknown. but you are right about alot is happening here. I am Pan, Watcher of the Daggerdale Circle, and recently Watcher of the Druidic Circle here in this land, apparently it has been sometime since this land had a Druids Circle, I just hope that I can do my part... Sooo where did the wind blow you in from then?"
Back to top Go down
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

Rangers Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rangers Rest   Rangers Rest EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 8:34 am

Keldor taps the pipe out on the ground and pulls a small leather bundel out form his backpack.
A lumb of bread and a slice of goat-cheese appears as he unwraps the leather-cloth.
With a finely crafted knife of elven look he begins to slice of bits of the bread and cheese and eats it slowly while pondering a bit before he speaks.

"I have come from the south. For many years I roamed the lands of Cormyr but recently the northen-winds have carried with them rumors."

He looks up briefly with a stern face, his blue-grey eyes with a friendly glow.

"Rumors of War, famin, unbalance, scourched lands, mythals being reconstructed; dragons even.
And so I waited, until the winds where favorable and winter had loosened its grib on the land.
I set out from Redspring and now find myself here in the very lands the winds whisperd about, awaiting the arrival of an old trusted friend of mine"

With a smile he tugs away the food before giveing a firm nod in Pams direction.

"Well met, Pam-watcher-of-Daggerdale...it is good to meet you, and to know that once more druids walk this land in the name of true balance."

Keldor gestures towards the wild-boar at his side.

"This is Elan, another trusted friend of mine, and I am Keldor The Grey, out of Iriaebor."
Back to top Go down
Psy Knight

Rangers Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rangers Rest   Rangers Rest EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 2:16 pm

Pan would look at the Boar and chuckle softly before attempting to kneel down and pamper the beast. " Make sure your friend does not go near the Ironhouse mines, the place is onver run with direboars and a cull is going underway to reduce the numbers to a more stable population, ahhh silly dwarves, still nice folk though. In any case, its good to meet you, seems we are here for almost the same reasons, word of warning. Avoid shadowdale if you can, they are to put it simply, rabid wolves amoung lambs and act as such most of the time. Odd how the Banites seem trust worthy though, at least the one Iv had dealings with
Back to top Go down
egeloppe

egeloppe

Rangers Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rangers Rest   Rangers Rest EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 2:51 pm

As they speak, a young wolf silently approaches and makes a stop at the edge of the camp, sits and takes in the smells of the camp. It scouts the camp for a moment, and as its eyes fall upon Keldor, the tail wags a bit and it scampers off.. moments later a low but merry humming would be heard from the path leading towards the camp.. A grey figure slowly comes into sight, followed by the young wolf.. The grey figure turns its head towards the two, and a hearty chuckle follows

" Ah.. Keldor.. It seems your young legs have brought you here before me "

he lowers his hood and reveals a bald head and a fullgrown beard, mostly grey in colour, strains of jetblack is still seen here and there. His one eye falls upon Pan.

" Oh.. I see you are in conversation my friend " Inclines his head at Pan " Don't let me interrupt, I'll just wait my turn " Chuckles with a warm smile and takes a small wooden pipe from one of his pockets.

" Say Keldor, could I borrow some of your tobacco while I wait, ehh?.. Mine got all wet yesterday.. Arisha here was in a playful mood and accidently pushed me into a stream "

He gets on his knee and pads the wolf on its head, smiling warmly

" Didn't you Arisha.. Pushed old Kashard into the stream, you little scoundrel "

He chuckles as he looks at Keldor, waiting for a reply

[i]
Back to top Go down
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

Rangers Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rangers Rest   Rangers Rest EmptyMon Feb 11, 2013 4:38 pm

Keldor picks up his waterskin and poors some water in a small metal-mug, he sets the filled mug at the edge of the burning fire, embeding the mug in the embers.
He absentmindely takes out a small bundle of herps from one of his numerus beltpouches and looks up at Pan.

"Oh the Ironhouse-halls and the boars at its gates are allready familiar to us...Elan here is more than a match for even the dire-animals in that mine, alltough he is not fond of haveing to fight his own kind.
A stance one could sometimes wish was more..common amongst the more sentient beings in this world."

He adjusts the mug's position slightly and sprinkle the herps into the now allmost boiling water.

"As for Shadowdale, I have been there quite a few times..
The villageres should not be deprived of my aid, because I happen to...disagree with the current rulers of that place.
The Harvest-mistress in the temple there walks a razors edge and is only allowed to conduct her buisness, because she does not openly speak out against the former mentioned."

He gives Pan a knowing look and a sage-nod.

"I am intent on trying to aid her in walking that thin line...for the benefit of the people in Shadowdale as a whole.
And I dont not fool myself into believing for one moment that I can trust anyone there, but her.
I would treat the former mentioned, as I would a hungry beast.
Never take your eyes of it, never turn you back on it and always..."

Looks at Pan with a stern face

"...always know that in the end, you are nothing but prey to be devoured should said beast suddenly feel the urge to do so.... And beasts...are so often driven by impulse and sudden urges."

As he hears Kashards voice, his face goes from stern to a bright smile and a grin.
He looks past Pan, to Kashard and speaks in a clear joyfull tone.

"Old friend, you should know by now that those who walk with the wind often arrives at their destination with time to spare....time at least, for a meal and a pipe."

He grins and with a nonchelant glideing movement he throws a leather-pouch to Kashard.

"Goli Bitterleaf's ...finest pipe-weed in all of northen Cormyr...for your enjoyment old friend."

He then leans foreward and takes the mug with the streaming tee and sips it, looking between Pan and Kashard, the crows-feet at his eyes suggesting that he smiles while drinking.
Back to top Go down
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

Rangers Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rangers Rest   Rangers Rest EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 7:19 am

Haveing finished his tea, Keldor glances to one of the local rangers.

"I say friend, would you mind if me and my friend here..."

Motions towards Kashard with a smile.

"...where to clear that burnt down ruin here?"

Nods towards the ruin of the burnt down cottage, sitting right in the midle of the camp-site.

"I have to admit it took me only a few days to get depressed by its looks."

Smiles and finds his own pipe again.

"And I do so hate being in a gloomy mood."

He looks to the local ranger as he lights his pipe with a twig from the fire, his grey-blue eyes seeking the rangers while he scratches his unshaved chin.
Back to top Go down
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

Rangers Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rangers Rest   Rangers Rest EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 4:55 am

Meeting no opjection from the rangers, the grey hooded ranger begins clearing the burnt down ruin next to the Rangers camp.

He works for a few hours each day when he retuns to the camp, before he settles in for the night, often reading varius books in the light form the crackling fire.
Back to top Go down
egeloppe

egeloppe

Rangers Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rangers Rest   Rangers Rest EmptyFri Feb 22, 2013 5:23 am

Kashard joins in, pilling up the debris and sorting the different materials in usable and non usable stuff.

Now and then a short break for a cup of tea and a pipe of tobaco.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rangers Rest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rangers Rest   Rangers Rest Empty

Back to top Go down

Rangers Rest
Page 1 of 1