Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Courier in the Lathander Farms

Go down 
+10
Saiya
Morganstern
HeavensMistress
Xeneize
Sonja Bloodrayne
Falling Leaf
cdnspr
Greenboy3
Arjay
TheExorcistX
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheExorcistX

TheExorcistX

Courier in the Lathander Farms Empty
PostSubject: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:16 am

After a boat ride with Arjay and Amy to Myth Drannor and a trek to the Lathander Farms, Dazen Kross is pointed to the house belonging to mister Vincent Blake-Aseph.

He knocks on the door a few times, package under one arm and then waits.
Back to top Go down
Arjay

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:21 am

While the courier was waiting, Arjay returned from the temple, pale and distracted, producing a key to the door so that he could set the package inside.
Back to top Go down
TheExorcistX

TheExorcistX

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:24 am

He nods in thanks and gingerly sets the package down, making sure the box wasn't damaged during the delivery. He then turns and looks to Arjay and asks:

"Will there be a tip for a fast delivery?"
Back to top Go down
Arjay

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:27 am

Arjay hesitated, then took a few gold pieces. "There'll be more if you find out who sent this," he said, handing them to Dazen.
Back to top Go down
TheExorcistX

TheExorcistX

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:29 am

He gives a nod and a smile, pocketing the gold pieces.

Yes, sir, I will do my best.

And then left with haste to find the original sender, ready for the trek back.
Back to top Go down
Greenboy3

Greenboy3

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 1:21 pm

Vincent returns home during the evening from a patrol, stepping into his house his boot thuds against the package. Slowly he looks down with a perked brow but shrugs, leaning down to heft it under one arm. With the package, he heads to the study to unwrap the gift which was so mysteriously delivered..
Back to top Go down
cdnspr

cdnspr

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 2:37 pm

The parcel is a simple wooden box, the unmarked wood panels tacked together by short iron nails. The lid is pried open easily enough.

Within, the head of Emma Robison, or Krysdan as she'd taken to, stares back up with wide-open lifeless eyes. The poor girl's head is misshapen, her skull violently crushed. Inside her toothless mouth is a balled up paper. In black ink, five words read

"YOU DID THIS TO HER"
Back to top Go down
Greenboy3

Greenboy3

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 3:01 pm

Upon opening the wooden box Vincents eyes stare directly into the lifeless eyes of his adopted sister. Tears of rage begin to form as his hands clench tightly upon the edges of the box, each tear dripping upon her crushed head. Slowly he grasps for the note in her mouth, upon reading the words he simply drops it and collapses to his knees, still holding the box. Eyes locked upon Krysdans head, his body beginning to shake with pain and anger. Vincent takes the note and closes the box, sliding it beneath the library desk and covers it to not be found for now.

Wiping the tears from his eyes, he rises to his feet, tightening his armor and weapons upon himself. Heavy armored steps storm through his house as he gathers as many supplies as he can. Quickly he departs his house, one hand resting upon his greatsword handle his other holding the crumpled up note. If anyone were to approach him, he'd attempt to just continue his path determined to end the tyranny of the one who sent him his sisters head.
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:10 pm

Vincent would most likely pass Karovir on the training grounds again. Karovir would watch him pass first wanting to greet him then he remains silent and looks rather worried as he stands up from his chair and shouts after the paladin: "Vincent!"
If he wouldn't answer Karovir would pick up his sword and just follow him calmly.
Back to top Go down
Arjay

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:29 pm

Arjay, after his own tumultous night, and after finally having been helped to sort through the chaotic thoughts in his mind, fixed his eye on Vincent with a steely resolve when he saw him storming through the camp with obvious purpose.

He didn't say a word. He didn't protest, he didn't ask. He simply fell in step behind the paladin, checking his swords and gear as he did, his own version of duty needing to be served.
Back to top Go down
Sonja Bloodrayne

Sonja Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 6:58 pm

After coming off her patrols and a little resting she eyes the Vincent, Karovir and Arjay she just keeps silent and falls in step behind them, checking her blade and shield. Praying to her goddess as they walk in silence.

Back to top Go down
Xeneize

Xeneize

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:02 pm

My'manir would cross the lot during her patrolling rounds, glancing after Karovir and offering him a salute as he passed otherwise she continued on her way.
Back to top Go down
HeavensMistress

HeavensMistress

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:21 pm

Muirne, having been keeping an eye on Arjay for reasons of her own would, after much internal debating sigh and stalk up to the group. The barefoot redhead, drawing on all her confidence and a prayer that Vincent will be somewhat reasonable... She runs up and puts herself in Vincent's path.

"I need to speak with you... Now seems most prudent, please?"
She manages to keep her voice calm, placing herself in his path again if need be.
Back to top Go down
Morganstern

Morganstern

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:33 pm

Tonan leaned against the wall of a nearby building, close enough to watch the gathering party. He frowned, but it wasn't truly unexpected. Biding his time, he waited to see what occurred as his sister stepped in front of Vincent.
Back to top Go down
Saiya

Saiya

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:36 pm

Cadence, seeing the gathering, walks up to Tonan. "What's going on?" She asks softly. "Is Muirne going to be ok? That guy is at least three times her size...."
Back to top Go down
Morganstern

Morganstern

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:40 pm

"Muirne will be fine. He's a paladin. If he forgets that and puts even a bruise on her, then I'll have to see how well he's learned to use that oversized sword of his. Damn.. he is big though." He smiled faintly. "As to the rest, it's a war party. Which, I imagine, is going to go storm a well garrisoned town. And most likely die. But hey, duty calls, no?"
Back to top Go down
Greenboy3

Greenboy3

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:45 pm

As Karovir, Arjay and Mara join his determined march he'd give a silent nod to each but nothing more. The moment Muirne gets in his path the towering Paladin looks down to her with slight annoyance in his gaze though he inhales deeply before speaking to the girl.

"Make your words quick.. This day my patience is thin and a tyrant must be ended."
Back to top Go down
cdnspr

cdnspr

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:45 pm

Back in Shadowdale, the man in black rarely emerges from his home for several days - those who know him well can tell he is distraught, as he struggles in his own way to come to grips with what he'd done.

When he sees his daughter Audrey next, he hugs her tightly a long time, his knees beginning to buckle beneath him, unable to speak a word.
Back to top Go down
Pentralia

Pentralia

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:51 pm

Audrey holds him close, concern flashing within her emerald gaze as she says nothing. As his knees buckle, she leads him to the nearest sofa and stays by her father's side until he is ready to talk.
Back to top Go down
HeavensMistress

HeavensMistress

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 7:55 pm

The small woman looks briefly to feel smaller than she did, takes a deep breath of her own before meeting Vincent's gaze, "Makes what I need to say all the more urgent then as likely won't be another opportunity if your course is so set." She doesn't pause longer than needed to get her breath before she continues, "Had I known she'd rush off, I'd have sat on her... though I imagine it would do as much good as me trying to still you now. I meant no harm to come to her. I'm sorry for what's come to pass, truly."
Back to top Go down
Greenboy3

Greenboy3

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:00 pm

Again Vincent inhales deeply, trying to keep his calm during the conversation though it's apparent what he hears is unpleasant.

"I told you to watch her closely... I knew if she were to get free this would happen, but what is done is done..."

Vincent attempts to pass Muirne continuing his path, speaking as he does so.

"In the days to come this tyrant dies, or I die trying to show everyone the true bastard and coward he is..."
Back to top Go down
Morganstern

Morganstern

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:05 pm

Seeing that the paladin maintained his composure, he pushed off from the wall, in no particular rush. Walking up behind Muirne, he laid a hand on her shoulder and gave Vincent an appraising look. "Do you have a plan? Or is this," he nods towards the others following the imposing paladin, "simply done in of justified anger?"
Back to top Go down
Arjay

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:08 pm

"The side of my head will attest to how willing she was to let herself be watched and protected," Arjay mused from behind the paladin, exchanging a brief glance with Muirne. "We end this as we can, but let's make sure that you return home to your family like a dutiful man," he added diplomatically before shutting up.
Back to top Go down
Greenboy3

Greenboy3

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:10 pm

As Tonan gets in his path as well he'd stop once more to look at him, then back to the small force which gathered behind him.

"My plan is to have him come to me, in one on one combat that any true warrior would accept to...If he doesn't accept, I plan to kill any forces he'd send my way, showing he's just a coward like any other tyrant..."

He'd pause for a brief moment before continuing.

"Justified anger is an understatement"
Back to top Go down
Morganstern

Morganstern

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms EmptyThu Apr 11, 2013 8:13 pm

"Duty without thought is a great way to die. Listen to Arjay, and serve your duty properly instead of taking the easiest path." With that, he nods slowly, curling a slight, though cold, grin. "Do you think you are the only one who is angry about her death? Whatever you plan, plan for victory. Not for a convenient death in glory and fury. I think, if you ended that way, the poor girl would put a boot in your arse as soon as you entered the after life, where she waits."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Courier in the Lathander Farms   Courier in the Lathander Farms Empty

Back to top Go down

Courier in the Lathander Farms
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next