Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Report on battle with forces of darkness

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
White Rose

White Rose

Report on battle with forces of darkness Empty
PostSubject: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 11:29 am

Elektra would read her report on the front steps of the Keep of Misty Falls.
"It is with great pride and joy that I report a first , in the battle against undead.
A group of seasoned fighters of various types gathered with Elric Lightsmane, who wielded the holy blade that he lifted from the sky stone.
Following a trail left behind by one of the enemy, we ventured into the Underdark , where we were met with harsh opposition. We knew that they knew we were coming, and we were prepared.
The results of the conflict may be interpreted in more than one way.
One one hand, the RedKnight might describe the expedition as ... Fated... Doomed... A Route, stomp, crush, utter defeat, an exorcise in futility, and as we say in Moonshaes ... An Azz Kick'n .
And yet...
Red Knight also views the lack of permanent losses as a statistic victory...
The fact that we now can better gage and anticipate the strength of the enemy... A successful fact finding mission.
... A recon bonanza !
And in the end, we performed to perfection , an advance to the rear!

It is with my greatest hope that we will strive to continue to stress the enemy, to ultimately break their resolve to turn us all into fumbling zombies.
I vow to support sir Elric in future expeditions, and once again, I cannot stress near enough the value of the Raven... The member of the force that avoids combat , in order to rescue and Rez the fallen.
I thank you for your attention."
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 12:08 pm

Report on battle with forces of darkness Memoria-Tavern-1024x576
A Rumor wrote:
However, in the days to follow after Elektra 's little speech planted rumors would begin to circulate around the Old Skull inn and the Misty Falls Inn of how, the heroes were actually tricked into falling into a rather simple trap, how that being over confident in their own ability they were baited into venturing into the darkest depths of the mine before venturing into the underdark, where they stumbled into traps, orcs and finally beholders where the one that had set the trap triggered it.

So easy had it been to trick these bumbling would be heroes ventured into the underdark in hopes of finding a fight, and that they were fully in the dark, only discovering the truth of their situation after finding notes left for them by the one that would introduce themselves by the letters as the Shadows.

The Drow of the underdark the rumors would say, were utter terrors to behold, slaying the heroes after the beholders had done their part and weakened what magical defences the would be heroes had.

The battle between the Drow of the Underdark and the Heros raged, the would be heroes out numbered the Drow, it was true, but in their over confidence they are sealed their fates as the Drow death Squad cut the heroes down with steel, faith and dark magics.

As the battle raged, the bodies of the heroes being collected by, something, the shadows of the caves themselves seeming to simply swallow up the fallen.

The rumors tell further of a lone survivor who tried their best to locate the bodies of the fallen, but as the cruel and harsh realization that they were alone set in they soon found themselves wondering the dark tunnels alone until they found all of the corpses of the fallen would be heroes and a single note.... Where it is rumored the note contained a haunting message that chilled the reader to the core.

After the bodies of the failed would be heroes were revived, according to the rumors, the group's leader a paladin, broken down, his resolve shattered, and they resorted to child like bickering until finally reason won and they all retreated with their tails between their legs after failing so utterly to meet their goal.

The last thing the rumors speak off was how the group of would be and failed heroes then went back home to lick there wounds.

The recent rumors of what happened down below, there is a thick air of fear now in hearts and mind of the common people of Shadowdale and the workers of the Misty Falls Guild, doughtes and questions at the leadership quality of their Guild Mistress. The common folk of shadowdale whisper their fears to one another, fears of what the Coven can fully do, as well as fears of if the drow are now working with the Coven and fears of whether the drow are now....
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 12:51 pm

Elektra would listen to rumors that she became aware of, and would honestly confirm much of the whispers with yet a different conclusion:
 "One of the harshest lessons a leader can be dealt .. Is how to cope with defeat. Yes, it was me that rezzed the fallen and was I who read the note placed at their bodies for me to find. It was clear they let us go... In fact, I was reminded of how a dog throws a rabbit it has chased down , to chase it again... Or a cat toying with a mouse that it could eat at any moment .. But prefers the game.
  I still believe in sir Elric, and I believe in our cause.
When the sword was first taken from the stone, I warned of all this, and yet it came to pass anyway.Over confidence was our flaw, just as I feared... But...  Now , the over confidence of the enemy has given us a second chance , and we cannot lose hope. That is why, I believe we were spared,... To demoralize us all... But this was THEIR error. We will beat them. Believe in it , and it will come. Believe in us .. Have faith in yourselves ... Trust that your deity does not receive loyaly and praise from you becoming a zombie.
 This fight may not be quick nor easy, but fight we will ... And win... We shall!"
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 1:47 pm

A woman in white would visit both the Misty Fall Tavern and the Old Skull Inn, she would drink her malt, both hand clutching the glass, shaking.

"Aye, I hear tha' the yun' figer waggler, Dalia somtin' were lef b'hin in tha' battle.Sur th' pur gir may b'dead now"
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 2:16 pm

"I rezzed her personally, mi lady. I know that she left the cavern with the rest of us. On our way out , there were a few encounters with cave dwelling creatures as usually found down there, but no more than that.
If she did not make it to the surface, I don't know why. We would never willingly leave anyone."
Back to top Go down
Kaalos003

Kaalos003

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 3:15 pm

moans a bit, before speaking, with the entire Inn, within earshot

"Wel, s'cuse me miss, bu' were tol' by a ril'bble surce tha', tha' there yun figer waggler were ne'er "rezzed" as yer put 't.

knocks the drink back down her throat. She slams the glass down, and drops the coin on the counter, nodding to the bar wench

" Well, tis bouts time, t'hit tha' thur road again. Lass, bets ar yu an yur mates, lef the yun' wizar' down tha' hole. if 'er be dead, then 'er blood be on yer 'ands

Pats Elektra on the shoulder, as she does she shakes her cowled head, leaving the Inn. Her feet would lead her out of eye sight, and on the road.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyMon Dec 01, 2014 3:55 pm

Elektra speaks out to whom ever... "Well, maybe I don't know the lady's name... But there was only one finger waggler with us , and I used my wand to rez her... Who ever that was."
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyWed Dec 03, 2014 5:23 pm

*Ravossel is eating out of a nearly commical large bowel. Thats filled with ice cold fuit, with a thick lair of wip cream. Here elven ears twich about as she hears the rumor. When the fear cloaks misty falls, and the rumors be come out landish. Ravossel drops here spoon into the bowl and stand up. With a ferm voice, Ravossel speeks with a very clear voice, so that she can be heard.*

This coven is nothing new to us here at Misty Falls. *Ravossel starts to look at each persion.* A number of you were here during the beast man war. During that time we built this hall up from the pit it once was, under Orc, and troll attacks. Time, and time again we all *Motions to the crowd, but mainly to the ones that were there during that time.* held them at by and built this hall at the same time! Even when others said we could not do it ! Haaaa but yet we did!

When the Beastman from the south joined in, along with Drow elements, joined on the side of the orcs, and there trolls. And attacking from the planes to the north, and from the twisted tower to the south. Many said we could not, and could not hold them off, and be able to keep this hall. BUT yet again wave after wave they broke upon our hall like waves upon a jaged shore line! Battle after battle we held the our hall. When many said we could not win that war we attacked them, and killed there commander, and officers, and soon after the Beastman army was scattered into the winds.

*Ravossel now looks each and every persion in the eye.*

When the dead walkers came and sough our deaths. We grounded there bones into dust, and turned there rotten flesh into ash.  Wave after wave they came from the foot hills of krag. Wave after wave they broke upon us like wave upon a clif face. Till one day we attacked them!!! *Ravossel posses a bit to let the tension build up some. As she motions to every one there, and looking into there eyes* Were many would only see defeat, and surrten death. There Upon the foot hills of krag we claimed victory. Were we put down about two battalions worth of the dead walkers never to rise up again, and we blowed up there unholy relic that was empowering them. *Ravossel looks to each person.*

This is why we should not fear this coven! there just another group who think they can rule with fear, and bully others about. Bhaaaa at best we should be more tactic full, and bit more mind full of them, but fear them *Ravossel shakes her head.* not I say. *Ravossel takes a few more moments at looking at every one be for siting back down, to nom on her sweet treat of ice peaches with a thick lair of whip cream.*

(( Related thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ))
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 7:17 am

(*Bump* finished.)
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 9:42 am

"And who could say it better than that ?", Elektra speaks out gesturing to Rav with a side sweep of her hand.
"Mind you , during most of that , we had no walls! What we did have was the combined power of a diverse group who truely wanted this land and this Keep , as well as the fellowship found here.
I fought for it then, and I will now. Every other settlement in the Dales refuse to help each other , but I welcome alliance! I will help all in need, and seek any willing to help us as well. Let it be said of us that no one cares as much as we do ."
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 10:53 am

What are your ranks in diplomacy?
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 11:11 am

(( well, now, in real life €:^> , I have been told that I could talk birds down from the trees.. That i should have been an attorney or comedian , that there is no point in even arguing with any of my Italian family... Ehh, but then Elektra's stats in diplomacy pretty much resembles a goose egg... 0 )).

Charisma however runs 22+

Last edited by White Rose on Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 11:11 am

~~PM sent~~
Back to top Go down
ADM Lightforge

ADM Lightforge

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 4:42 pm

Report on battle with forces of darkness Memoria-Tavern-1024x576

As Eletra speaks, although she catches a few looks, mostly from men look up at their leader, or those admiring her bust, it does not seem that her woulds really, sink in, take effect or move the hearts of her men.

As Rav speaks the mood does lift a little nods of agreement are exchanged as well as a few cheers, the moral of the guards seeming to shift from fearful to a air of unease, some young buck piping up."

Report on battle with forces of darkness Bard

"Dun mean to bring doom an gloom ere, but... well... there were alot more of the powerful members from the past then no, can yee onestly say we av that kinda power now?"

Last edited by ADM Lightforge on Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyThu Dec 04, 2014 4:58 pm

"Powerful members we had ! .. Oh yes.. And even the village idiot runner up in the back bar knows where all that power came from ... Yes... I alone was able to stop entire waves of what ever attacked us. Yes , powerful were we.
One thing you might have noticed about power from certain sources... It mostly selfish and self serving... Like individual sticks that can be broken one by one.
Each of us now, however , stand together as a bundle of sticks tied tight. That is something far stronger than any one's power, no matter where it comes from!"
She would pause a moment , shifting her posture , to make another point.
"Besides... Thane Valtore of Ironhouse has agreed to take us in if we must flee. I forged this agreement with him for all of our sakes, so that none need perish. I , personally, would be the last to enter Ironhouse Halls for each of you would go first. I care more for each of you than you know."
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 1:36 am

*Ravossel's eye brow arches a bit, and her ears twitches a bit as some young buck pipes up. With a sigh Ravossel again drops her spoon in her comically large bowl of ice cold peaches, and whip-cream again!!!. Slowly Ravossel stands, and looks over at the young buck giving the lad her full attention.*

The guards of this hall are NOT your every day run in the mill town watch, or some random Milita group. Pufff *Ravossel motions to each and every guard that's there.* Thees guards ! With stood the brutal attacks of the monster horde! Wave after wave, battle after battle THEY! Bravely stood there ground, and held it fast like giant granite boulder.

*Ravossel looks to each and every person now along with guards, until she makes eye contact with them.*

From there brutal training in the peace time, and from what they learned during the monster horde war. Pufff. The dead walkers broke upon them like rain drops upon a granite boulder.

*Ravossel looks to each guard.* What I see be for me are no normal guards, but guards made of granite, that posses skills, and bravery beyond any other guard, or solider. *Ravossel motions to the guards that are about as she talks.* Hints forth there New Rank to show they are the best of the best. Misty Falls I pro-sent to the   " The Granite Guard " of Misty Falls.

*Ravossel looks back at the Young Buck.*  

As long we are not stupid, plan care fully, and are stupid. Then yes.

*Ravossel looks over at Elektra.*

Like Elektra said we do have a place to fall back if needed.

*Ravossel then looks back over at the gathered guard.*

But that is some thing we will not allow to happen! isn't that right !?!?!
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyMon Dec 08, 2014 12:49 pm

*After a few moments Ravossel nods once more, and heads back to her seat, were she goes back to eating her peaches, and whip cream.*
Back to top Go down
Jarxan

Jarxan

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 7:40 pm

With a heavy sigh, a masked man dressed in red garb eyes the House of Redemption (as he knows it) from a long way out towards the river. Looking down at a slip of paper once again and back up towards the far off building. His jaw tightens as he weighs the options of his actions.

"This'll go poorly." Crunching up the paper tightly. "They have something I want..."

An arrow lands just towards outside grounds of the House of Redemption, a piece of parchment tied to it. This would have been shot during the night.

Letter reads:

"We have matters to discuss. I've heard of a weapon falling from your ceiling (sky), allow me to view this if possible."

The letter is signed with an elongated J running through the center of an X
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyWed Dec 10, 2014 8:06 pm

Once the letter is brought to Elektra, she would read it , pausing a time after ... As if pondering something.
"Guard" , she would request , " Since we don't actually have the blade that this seems to refer to, here is what I propose ... Shoot three arrows into the surrounding yard , each with a seperate letter, maybe this will get this person's attention. I will write the letters as you wait."
She sits down and pens the following three letters:

Fate Favors the inFormed, For Failure Follows Fools like a Fountain oF Foul Fortune.
We don't have the thing you seek.

2. Your expectations shall come up Short. Look low and beneath, where Short is not short at all. They have it.

3. While you are out there and visiting our lands, can ya get us a few dozen eggs from the Harvest House?
Bring'em by and lets do brunch.

Back to top Go down
Jarxan

Jarxan

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness EmptyThu Dec 11, 2014 12:16 am

No matter the reply scenario. He breaks the arrow in half.

"That's too bad. I'll have to talk to the Thane then where I know it is."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Report on battle with forces of darkness   Report on battle with forces of darkness Empty

Back to top Go down

Report on battle with forces of darkness
Page 1 of 1