Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sitting In Hospital

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

Sitting In Hospital Empty
PostSubject: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 8:55 am

A few days after his unexpected return, Jonah is still laying in his hospital bed. For the most part, he is unconscious -- he sleeps on average 22-23 hours per day. In the hour or two that he is awake, he usually sits quietly, staring off into the middle distance. Occasionally his eyes flitter back and forth, as if tracking something unseen moving about the room.

On even rarer occasions, he apparently snaps awake, fully conscious and completely aware. Jonah looks about the room, trying to get his bearings. Each time though, just before he is about to speak, his mind slips back beneath whatever waters contain him.
Back to top Go down
ShinigamiGod

ShinigamiGod

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 9:05 am

*Victoria would enter the room where Jonah lay , bringing plate with fried potato and some vegetables aswell as cup of water on it. She would place it  on the table near the bed and look over man with bow of her head.*
-Good morning. How do you feel , sir? Sorry I cannot recall neither your name, nor why are you here. Would you wish me to bring you something ? * Woman tilts her head looking you over with somehow worrysome expression on her face*
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 9:17 am

Jonah's face remains blank. At first, he seems unaware that anyone has entered the room.

The man's robes have been patched many, many times, and appear to have been recently cleaned. None the less, there is little left to salvage on them, and the sleeves are stained with blood and bile. The red sash about his waist gives him away as an Ilmateri, himself -- ironic that he should be in this hospital of all places.

As the smell of food fills the room, his gaze shifts to the plate.
Back to top Go down
ShinigamiGod

ShinigamiGod

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 11:17 am

*Woman would look him over and shake her head* -Tsk. I suppose my questions can wait. Please, have a taste. I will go and fetch you some clothes. Gods, what those who left you here was waiting, you could catch infection wearing it*she says in quite grumpy voice and leaves the room , her steps could be heard echoing through Hospital's corridors, as you are left alone with plate of food for some time *
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 11:36 am

((To be clear; his clothes aren't filthy -- they have been recently cleaned and patched -- it's just that they are very old and have seen a lot of action over the years))

He peers up at the woman as she makes a fuss over him, and a weak smile touches the corner of his scarred face. He looks at Victoria with his good eye, and draws a breath to speak. But before he can utter a word, his gaze glasses over again, and he is left staring into space.
Back to top Go down
Dragon_tears

Dragon_tears

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 11:43 am

Laura rounded the bend of the hall. The private exam room was at the very end of the maze of corridors that was the hospital. She had over-heard Victoria as she walked through the curtain.

"Hello Miss Victoria, I see you have found Brother Jonah." She smiled. "Your getting so fast on your shifts, I can barely keep up with you. How is he today?" She tilted her head at her, waiting for an update on her friend and patient.
Back to top Go down
ShinigamiGod

ShinigamiGod

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:00 pm

((To Deep - Sorry , language barrier....let's just say Victoria is bit overreacting when she sees old clothes?))
*She would encounter Laura on her way. She would bow and give her a fail smile * - Oh, indeed I found him. *she nods* Well when I have time to be here I try to do as much as I can , Sister Laura, no need to thank me *chuckles faintly*.
- Anyway, apparently he woke up and I think that his clothes should be changed for something....more new. Do we have something to spare perhaps? *she would tilt her head in question* - Also, what's happened with him, it seems like he was being here not for one day. -*She would ask with voice filled with worry*
Back to top Go down
Dragon_tears

Dragon_tears

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:21 pm

"I don't know what happened to him." Laura shook her head gently. She didn't want to think long about it. Instead she changed the subject. "I don't think we have any robes here, but if you want to go buy one at the merchant you may...however I do not know if he will take it. It must be plain though. An Ilmateri's robes rarely are replaced. But we can always use a spare robe for the hospital." Laura gave her money for the robe out of her pockets.

She turned and moved to a stool near the bed, then sat down. She smoothed her own robes over, fixing her hems a bit.

"Good morning Brother Jonah. How are you feeling?"
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:31 pm

((Shin -- that's fine with me!))

As Jonah's eye follows some unseen thing around the room, his gaze rests on Sister Laura. His dry lips twitch and squirm, trying to form words, but nothing but a raspy whisper is heard. His sight comes into focus, and he makes more of an effort.

"Woo-" ... he pauses and moistens his lips before trying again; "W-wooods. Haa- Howlllong haaaave... I..."

He holds his hands up, examining them intently. He seems to be trying to work through something.
Back to top Go down
Perfection

Perfection

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:48 pm

((Sara spends alot of time around the hospital until Laura explicitly tells her off.))

The unarmed Sara walks through the hospital - offering her help where she can unless she has been given specific time-consuming tasks. Until at one point she finds Jonah where he was resting. She remembers Bryanna calling him something, quietly murmurring the word as she thought about it. "Mentor..." She trailed off and decides to find him when he is awake and no-one is really around to keep an eye on Sara.

"Why hello, sir." Sara greets in a playful manner.

Today she's dressed in a short red dress with a firmly fitted corset around her middle. Don't get your hopes up, she's wearing boyish shorts that match in color. An equipment belt always rests over her hips and an empty scabbard. She bends at the knees with her hands on them. Looming over Jonah as she curiously studies him.

"Can you hear me?" She tilts her head to the side. "I've got some questions for you."
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 1:03 pm

Jonah's good eye slides from Laura and meets Sara's scrutiny. He stares dumbly at her for a moment, with a blank and emotionless expression.
Back to top Go down
Dragon_tears

Dragon_tears

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 1:25 pm

Laura calmly reached to the night-stand and picked up a pitcher of water. She poured a glass of water for the Brother as Sara towered over him.

"I'm sorry Miss Sara, he has been through a lot. I know him well, perhaps I can answer them for you." As she spoke, she held the water out in front of the man. She keeps it close so he can see in within his fog. "As you can see, he is in a bit of a fog. I do not know why. I was hoping some time..some space, and some gentle words may help him along."
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 1:33 pm

Jonah's gaze falls to his lap.  He almost seems embarrassed; it's evident that there's more going on behind the foggy curtain, but those mists keep him contained.

He reaches up to take the water, and with a trembling hand, he sips it. With careful focus, he tries again to speak.

"Kr-ag." He swallows hard and continues "K-kenndra..."

He focuses on the cup of water in his quaking hands.

Last edited by DeepFriedMoose on Thu Apr 09, 2015 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShinigamiGod

ShinigamiGod

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 1:41 pm

*After some time Victoria would return with set of new robes. They do not look anyhow fancy , yet they are new - that's for sure. Also she would bring cup of tea with her. Trying to open the door by pushing it by her foot, woman would quietly enter the Jonah's room and place tea on the table beside him and put clothes on the chair near. After watching Jonah's reactions , Victoria would dip her head to Laura and whisper * - "Perhaps we would need a priest here? It seems something is wrong with this one.
Back to top Go down
Dragon_tears

Dragon_tears

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 2:18 pm

She looked from Victoria, to Jonah, to Sara, and then back to Jonah. She took the robes from Victoria's hands, and she folded them neatly. She lay them on the nightstand as Victoria whispered in her ear.

"I think, we have enough people here." Laura spoke softly, almost slowly. She shuffled into her things and took out a small prayer book. She set it in her lap, folding her hands atop of it. "I'm certain the priestess will be here, eventually. Until then I thought it would be nice to spend some time with Brother Jonah. I thought I had lost him."

She looked over to Sara, trying to wrap her head around her new change in attire. Sara was an enigma to Laura. She was never certain where she stood, but if Bryanna trusted her, then Laura did as well. She remained quiet, for now.

Back to top Go down
Perfection

Perfection

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 7:17 pm

Sara would have backed off to give Jonah and the others some space. "I'll try later. Bryanna called him her mentor, so I was just curious."
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 1:55 pm

*After a day of recuperation, and a remarkable leap in progress, Jonah is busying himself with laundry the next day. He is still absent minded to a degree, and the chore takes him much longer than it normally would, but he is up and somewhat active.*
Back to top Go down
ShinigamiGod

ShinigamiGod

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 2:23 pm

*she would approach him in the laundry* - Tsk, Brother Jonah, you've got up from the bed so recently, you should go rest. -*she shakes head as she joins him with laundry routine* - You know that you don't have to do it. You are the patient ,after all. -*She would chuckle faintly*
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 2:50 pm

*Jonah laughs to himself* You'll find that I get out of bed very early most days, Miss Victoria...

*The scent of lavender and citrus rinds fills the air as the laundry is hung on the line*
Back to top Go down
jeffman_4

jeffman_4

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 12:14 am

Ivaris entered the hospital and picked up the laundry he had dropped in the yard. He took the laundry and began to run it through the wash.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sitting In Hospital   Sitting In Hospital Empty

Back to top Go down

Sitting In Hospital
Page 1 of 1