Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Artwork brought to hospital

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jeffman_4

jeffman_4

Artwork brought to hospital Empty
PostSubject: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 2:56 am

Ivaris steps into the hospital with a few painting and drawings.

"I thought maybe we might be able to hang a few.  They are lotus flowers, I found these among some artists."

Drawing 1:

Painting 1:

Painting 2:
Back to top Go down
Dragon_tears

Dragon_tears

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 7:24 pm

Laura walked into the commons room and walked the paintings. She broke into a smile as she looked them over.

"They're beautiful." She said, leaning them against the wall as they decided what to do with them. "We can put them in the private exam room maybe? Maybe Miss Victoria or Brother Jonah knows of any flowers that we could put in the room to go with them."
Back to top Go down
jeffman_4

jeffman_4

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 7:58 pm

Ivaris nods in agreement.

"I think it would help the patients feel better.  A comforting image to help make them feel more at ease."
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 8:35 pm

Jonah happens in soon after.

"Oh, Lotuses; my favorite. I'm afraid we won't see them in the water again until midsummer. These are wonderful, Ivaris. Where did you get them?"
Back to top Go down
Malkaris

Malkaris

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 10:17 pm

Malkaris walks into the hospital, covered in blood and dirt, obviously having just seen a fight or three. He grimaces, then scratches his head awkwardly as he grins like a kid having been caught red handed.

"....Laura.... I uh... could use your help again... hehehe." He laughs abashedly, which is accompanied by a small spurt of blood shooting downward from under the arm he's scratching his head with.
Back to top Go down
Dragon_tears

Dragon_tears

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 10:33 pm

"You've seen this flower before Brother Jonah? I had never seen one like this...Sir Ivaris says its a water flower." Laura was talking when Malkaris entered. She turned as her name was called. Her expression went from a happy and warm smile to shock and surprise as he spurted blood all over the common's room. She raised her arms instinctively to protect the paintings.

"Oh my goodness!" She strode towards him, arms out, trying to guide him down the hall and to an exam room. "What on earth happened-Brother, Ivaris. Please help me."
Back to top Go down
jeffman_4

jeffman_4

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 10:37 pm

"What have you gotten yourself into?" He says as he moves to assist her.  He helps Laura move Malkarus to an exam room so they can begin patching him back up.

Last edited by jeffman_4 on Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyTue Apr 28, 2015 10:46 pm

"There was a noble in Waterdeep that grew them in the fountain outside her estate.  Hmm...  I think the gardens in Myth Drannor had some as wel--"

Jonah turns to greet Malkaris, and seems surprised to see him in such a state.  He steps in to help, gripping the Warrior's injured arm in his surprisingly strong hands as Laura walks him to the exam room.  With his thumb jabbed into Malkaris' underarm, the blood loss slows considerably, and the arm begins to go numb under his grip.

"I can do nothing to treat this; only stop the bleeding temporarily." He says with his usual calm urgency.

Last edited by DeepFriedMoose on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Malkaris

Malkaris

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 12:53 am

Malkaris laugh-cringes as he is led to gods knows where and has poultices placed on him.

"I decided to go after the bandits again. I only promised to not adventure for that one night, Laura, not forever!" He chuckles a bit, the blood spurting stopping as they apply their healing ointments.

"Nice paintings!" He says, a giant smile crossing his features, at odds with his wounds.
Back to top Go down
Dragon_tears

Dragon_tears

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 11:30 am

((There was a small character mistake. Malk is a paladin, not a mage.))

Laura was prying armor off the paladin as Jonah stopped the bleeding. She wasn't the most graceful with armor, it was heavy and she was not the strongest of people. Instead she was more or less tugging at latches getting nowhere fast. She had managed a bracer, that was easy enough as Jonah wrapped Malkaris' other arm and stemmed the bleeding from that side, but she couldn't get the piece right bellow his shoulder. To Laura, armor might as well be strapped on with magic.

"Sir Ivaris...how do these-" She gave another tug at a random piece of leather. Healers usually just cut things off rather than preserve the armor and lose the life. Malkaris wasn't in the position that she needed to destroy his belongings...yet.
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 11:41 am

((Ack! Thank you for pointing that out! Posts adjusted.))

Jonah chuckles at the Knight's attitude, and secretly hopes its not from blood loss. He tries to help Laura with the straps and buckles, but with only one free hand, he isn't much use.
Back to top Go down
Malkaris

Malkaris

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 12:33 pm

Malkaris shakes his head slightly to clear his vision with an apologetic smile and he sets to helping them remove the mithril armor.

"You must be the esteemed Brother Jonah! Odd that if meet you while you were undressing me! Ha!" He says, clearly the blood loss, while slowed or even stopped, has left him rather... Out of sorts perhaps? He pats Jonah on the shoulder.

"Such good people." He adds at the end, somberly.

After a moment he glances at Ivaris, "Did you paint those yourself, Ivaris? If you did, you have quite the talent."
Back to top Go down
jeffman_4

jeffman_4

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 1:52 pm

"No, I'm not a painter.  I was browsing the market and some artist had these among his paintings.  I'd hoped to hang these in the hospital to take the patients minds off where they are.  Seems like it is already working."  Ivaris says as he begins trying to help Laura unstrap the armor.

He points out the fastenings to Laura, "See it has several buckles like this, it's actually not that easy to handle.  Many knights have squires just to help them get it on and off."
Back to top Go down
DeepFriedMoose

DeepFriedMoose

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 2:30 pm

Jonah smiles at the Knight's antics, his scarred face twisting in the lamplight.
" I am Jonah, yes. As for being so esteemed, well..." he shrugs a bit, and tries to keep his grip on the sound without getting in Laura or Ozarks' way.

"Tell me, Sir Knight: did you go looking for the bandits, or did the bandits come looking for you?"
Back to top Go down
Dragon_tears

Dragon_tears

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 3:44 pm

She thanked Ivaris softly, setting aside the pieces of armor as she managed to pry them off the injured paladin. She let Jonah do his work, and she made mental notes of where she may have to pick up where he left off.

"I do not see many squires with knights around here. Do all knights have squires? I know Miss Bryanna talked about it once..."

She trailed off and fell quiet once more when Jonah asked Malkaris a question. She too was curious if the man was looking for trouble or just stumbling upon it.
Back to top Go down
Malkaris

Malkaris

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Malkaris grins, a bit paler than normal, as his usual sun-kissed skin tone has been going a way slowly for the past few weeks.

"I may have gotten restless and tried to bring Tyr's wrath upon them for being so... soo....whooo, OK, perhaps I shouldn't have had that drink before going out. Though it seems that blood loss is a quick...um... quick.." He snaps his fingers, or tries to, as they're slick with blood, "...quick way to sober up!."

He steadies himself, and with a free hand, he unfastens some of his armor in a practiced sort of muscle-memory type motion. He apparently did not have squires!

Once they get all of the armor off, there are puncture holes where a few blades managed to sneak in via joints, under his arm pit, there are lacerations, back of his thigh, some puncture wounds, and so on. The scar on his chest has healed nicely at least, sort of, as it kept a bit of a blackened color but still feels like freshly healed flesh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Artwork brought to hospital   Artwork brought to hospital Empty

Back to top Go down

Artwork brought to hospital
Page 1 of 1