Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A moment in the Misty Falls Bar

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
White Rose

White Rose

A moment in the Misty Falls Bar Empty
PostSubject: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:25 pm

Bertha stands behind the front bar looking blankly at the curvy baby faced blond sitting in front of her. The usual bartender away on a day off, Bertha comes from the back bar to fill in.
Bertha's eyes seem to lose focus on anything in particular as the blond woman speaks.
 " ... It's true, Bertha... even though I have never heard you speak , you have never given me bad advice.... And nobody makes a 'cherry hellfire fiz' like you do! "
  The blond twists on her bar stool, adjusting her blouse, as if it chaffed on her curves.
 " as a bartender, I bet you have seen a lot of 'stupid' ... And fools with no clue... Like goblin town on Father's Day...
... How is it that folks I offer my skills, and heart to ... To help them solve problems and improve their lives... Refuse for reasons that don't even exist anymore? "
Elektra takes a moment for Bertha to respond, who does not even focus , much less have a response. Elektra nods after a moment.
"Yes , yes , you are right again , Bertha, I do need another drink. A bit more fizz this time, please."
  A delicate hand slides an empty glass to the large bartender.
 " What was that ?? ... Yes , Bertha, I see your point. I need to humbly kiss bunns to ever get past the ... the... whatever it is that keeps them focused on my past... Hmm , the past of HOR guild, and all the dark headed stupid that we were so well known for... Hmmm , and the past of my ex husband Cryptocus Occultus... Whew ! A lot to get past with him.
  Still... Bertha... can you really blame the elves? After all, I was pacted to powers that repeatedly tried to end their culture and existence. Just like all the witch killers tried to do to me. I have to admit , Bertha, if those folks came here now asking for forgiveness and friendship... I would be suspicious , too.I may never forget the gleam in their eyes as they beat me...."
  She picks up the new glass and takes a large swig ... The fizz going wild , as her eyes squint shut, and her hand flies to her nose!
   After a bout of sneezing into a napkin, she looks up to Bertha with watery eyes.
"Assa good drink!", she croaks out, still wiping her nose.
 " how ... How can I prove that my soul is free?? Bone heads say they will 'Watch Me' to see if I live true to my words... Then... BAN my butt so they won't ever see anything at all!
I am not sure that is sheer stupid... Or a clever way of saying 'Get Outta the Dales, blondie!... And take those jugs you keep flaunting with ya!'...".
   Elektra's eyes close slower than normally, as the booze hits her brain like a Dwarven smithy hammer.
 "Uhkay, Berth-ah..., ya don't hafta shout, I geddit. If I keep defending myzelf against lie and rumor ... folks thingk I am denying my pazt... Sssooo , just lettum say whad ever ... Whaddevur...
 I know I am free .. Thazz all that matters ... Free!
Besides, they ur stoopit ta think I could ever return ta damnation and chains !".
  Her face seems to just be drawn to the cool of the bar surface ... And after a moment of comfort as the marble meets her skin, a blue eye looks up from between locks of hair.
"Bertha ... Honey... Did you just get taller? It's okay, s'okay... How do ya stand so straight with tha room spinning ? ".
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptySat May 09, 2015 2:02 pm

Valtore stops at the inn as he does on occasion after dealing death to the godless creations in the beastlands. He washes what grim off he could not in the river then sits at the chair by the fire. He asks for some roast pheasant and tea. Then sits quietly reading a worn book written in high elven as he waits for hi meal. A ever so slight smile at Elekra's ramblings.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptySat May 09, 2015 3:42 pm

Lira Fry, rambunctious priestess at large, clumped her way up the stairs in search of the follower of the Lady of Strategy. She managed to not knock over any bottles or glasses as she moved noisily across the rooftop, so intent on not making a scene that she she never even saw the thane sitting nearby. 

"Greetings and felicitations miss Elektra!"  The red-haired priestess stopped and took in Elektra's condition. "Errr, you might recall me - I'm Lira and we chatted about some ideas we had for practicing alchemy and looking into the latest depredations of he fell horde?" The cleric's misty grey eyes searched Elektra's features as her voice stumbled to a halt, still hoping for some acknowledgement...
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptySat May 09, 2015 5:49 pm

*an ice blue eye surrounded by pink glances out from a mess of blond hair. Seeing Lira seemed to draw a long moment as the sloshy brain tried to place the face. She glances quickly to Bertha, the large not so bright bartender , and then to sheer surprise, spies Thane Valtore.
Faster than a black arrow heading for a drow heart, she sat up, trying to straighten her self up, her face still puffy from the booze.*
" Ye. .Yes. . YEs. .. helloo. .. *, she stammers, again trying to smooth her blouse, checking to see what is where.
" Gosh. . Friends. .I had no idea. . . .Bertha here was just giving me advice on. . ah. . . oh. .on. . . something. . . hmm trivial.. .."
*she opens her eyes wide and rubs her neck*
" Lady Lira. .. .yes. Well sure I remember you. . .the hospital. . . that guy with a bad wound in his chest. . .and. . .yes. .the alchemy tables in Shaddadale. How sweetly surprising to see you. . .here. . . Ah. how can I . . . was there. .something. . .. ah. . . Paladin of Torm. yes?"

*As she tries to gather her wits, she nods to Valtore, wondering if every thing was alright. . .*
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:06 am

Valtore merely sips his tea as Elektra stammers. A ever so slight smirk on his face as she works to recover from the effects of the drink. When she speaks of Torm he looks over the new comer.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:10 pm

The priestess nodded cheerfully at Bertha and lifted a hand with two fingers raised. "Tea for me with honey and cream please miss."  She transferred the nod valtore's way and deepened it somewhat. "Fancy meeting you here, Thane. But mayhap tis fortuitous."  Lira accepted the steaming mug with a smile and refocused on Elekta. 

"We were talking of the difficulties inherent in enabling those who could be allied against the undead to wok together. For instance you mentioned some sort of ailment being spread by the foul things amongst the crops of Shadowdale and perhaps beginning an alchemical investigation of sorts ."  The redhead sipped calmly, watching for a reaction. "I'd be happy to work with you, miss."
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:37 pm

After a long moment where Elektra gathers her thoughts she instantly goes into what's been on her mind so strongly as of late.

"It is my hope that once it is clear exactly how the Zents salted the land , that this process can be reversed or broken.
I am not yet certain of the accuracy of my research , but so far I've heard accounts that the Zentz used thousands of Mephits to salt the land magically with their breath.
You see I study both the scientific physical aspects of alchemy , as well as the magical aspects of the weave.
Salt is a mixture of natural earth essences , And would be treated one way , All the effects of weave created salt would be totally different.
I do suspect that this is going to require not just one person to cure , but a mixture of talents perhaps devine , perhaps magery , and even Ranger or Druid ..."
She pauses ...
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptySun May 10, 2015 8:03 pm

Valtore sips his own tea while waiting for his food to be delivered. "Donna forget ladies tha saltin happened a while ago. If folk had acted quickly it mighta have been easier ta clean up. But with all tha time that passed it has gotten inta tha soil and done tha damage. Everythin be dead now." He leans back in his chair slowly rotating his cup as he looks Elekra up and down. "How it be removed is only one side of tha issue, how ta bring back life be another. As fur help...last I heard tha druids were fine with lettin it be and are not keen on helpin Shadowdale anyway. On account of their clear cuttin tha forest." He winks to the two of them "besides with tha land useless folk have left that otherwise may have stayed in harm's way. Ye sure ye want talk fix it so they return ta Shadowdale and tha death that likely awaits them?" He lifts his cup as a kind toast to the difficult decision before them.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptyMon May 11, 2015 1:19 am

Ice Blue eyes behold Valtore for a long moment, letting the words settle in before responding. Delicate fingers pull back her hair, as she straightens her posture.
" My burden, Sir Valtore, is not to think for others, nor make moral choices for them, either. A crime was done against the land, the people and the hearts of common men. . . by the elite, brutal and sadistic. My burden is to undo it.
Why do I care? Why would I trouble myself to help those who fear and judge shadows and distorted memory of my former state?
Because I know the pain, I know desperation, I know all too well the snickering faces of those elite, brutal and sadistic men who did even worse to me, when they walked Shadowdale.
I have always cared for the good, the hope and peace, no matter what the dark masters at the end of my chains desired. . . they never controlled my mind. nor my heart. Not even the fires of the nine hells could burn away love. . . not even the frigid cold there could numb my ache for innocence damned. Forever, I shall bleed for my lost son, Czar. . . Though this is past, I can do with all I have. . . to help those still here. .still reachable. .. still free."
She pauses, wiping a tear.
"Commune with Nature is a spell of divination that I read may be found among powerful rangers. . . it allows them to see the land clearly and in detail. .no matter how the salt has leached into the soil.
A Transmutation spell called Clear Stone is written that will cause the land to become as glass , revealing the salt for us.
Dispel Magic , Create Water with Purify Water spells, Break Enchantment, may be important once we know the details of the saltification process.
If the salt is or becomes earth essence , then it can be dissolved with water spells or water essenses. followed by Cloud of Purification to clear the salted water.
If the salt is inert, then it can be conditioned by spells like Acid Fog. .Acid Storm. .. before dissolving.
. . . it can. .. and it will. . happen. . . we just need more information and time , perhaps experiments and cooperation of talented and gifted folk of several disciplines.
IF we have to. ..we create walking earth elementals of the salted soil. .and walk them to Dagger Hills, where they can add themselves to the desert.
AND. .if that looks like it could do the trick, then we make earth elementals of fertile soil from the riverlands and orclands near Misty Falls. .and walk them to the fields in Shadowdale, where they become the new hope for growth.
There is a way."
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:38 am

He nods as she talks. "Aye lass there be many different ways to do what ye aim ta. That isn't tha question. I also know ye well enough task know why he feel he should do it. What I am askin is if he think now be tha right time talking do it. If in ye clear tha land folk will want ta come back ta work it or protect it. He could be puttin folk in danger by yur actions. Can ye live with that?"
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptyMon May 11, 2015 3:21 am

*she looks at him, nodding at his words*

"What folks do. . . . is their choice, based on their own wisdom. I can not be in charge of what others choose to do. You ask if this is the right time for this effort. .and I say. .who knows how long it might take? For all I know at this point, it may take years. So, yes. this is as good a time as ever.
IF folks choose to come and do as you say, then I would certainly advise not to be in harms way foolishly. . .but am I to carry their fates on my soul for helping them? . . . Seriously, what others choose to do, is just not for me to control."
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptyMon May 11, 2015 2:00 pm

He just nods and returns to his drink. "Aye lass yur right of course. Just thought a follower of tha Red Knight would be ponderin strategy and when be tha best ta do somethin and when be best ta not." He begins to eat his pheasant and read feeling the conversation is obviously over.
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptyMon May 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Lira listened quietly. She found the interplay of opinion fascinating. "I think it is never too late to right a wrong that deserves to be set a-right. It might be most difficult to do now, and you are assuredly right, oh Thane, that it would have been easier to do moons ago."  She paused and gave a deep contemplative sip. "And I don't doubt you are right that the rulers of Shadowdale have not helped themselves with some of their actions."  Another long pause from the priestess. "But does that not make it even more imperative that we who can try to fix things give it a hearty attempt?  There are many ills in the dales. We can help some if them. Do the leaders of Shadowdale deserve all this help?  Perhaps not...

"But perhaps th people do. And in this I can agree wholeheartedly with Elektra. And such aid may make a large difference in the people who live here and in how we all relate to each other."  Lira gave a respectful nod to the Red Knighter and then drained the mug of tea.  "What can I do first to help, Lady?"
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptyTue May 12, 2015 1:43 pm

a natural smile comes to Elektra's face.
"i hear the wisdom in both of your words. Strategy, my dear Valtore, is in the eye of the beholder. For those of us less powerful, it becomes even more of a personal focus.
Milady Lira. . . you can travel openly and unrestricted where i can not. Before a plan can be created to solve the riddle, the riddle must be known. . .
I ask you to seek as much history as you can about how the fields were salted. . .the methods. . . the spells. . . any and everything related to it. . . even who did it.
What we have before us is a puzzle that solving demands, but may not come easily. Every detail matters.
Can you help with this? . . . Either of you. . . .. ".
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptyTue May 12, 2015 9:07 pm

He tosses aside part of his bird "talk ta Lady Kendra. She might know more bout it."
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptyWed May 13, 2015 9:05 am

The priestess brushed at her hair, suddenly aware of more than usual messiness this day. "Oh me, I think it's good for the people out in the Dale to see a priestess or two every once in a while don't you?"  Lira gave a vague  smile and it seemed like her touch ups to the hairdo were not exactly producing anything highly fashionable. "It is interesting you mention miss Kendra - I've run across her name in another rather odd investigation. Seems like some people just seem to get involved in - different kinds of affairs?"  She arched a brow and smiled a little brighter - perhaps any odd occurrences around the ex-official engaged the Tormite's curiosity. 

"So I'll go chat up the farmers and look for any and all evidence of the occurrences, miss Elektra. As well as keep an eye out for the ever-intriguing miss Kendra. ". She paused with a twinkle in her eye. "After all - the truth is out there, is it not?"
Back to top Go down
jalmynar

jalmynar

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptyWed May 13, 2015 11:30 am

Having finished his meal Valtore pays the bill then gathers his things. He wishes them luck in thier goal but returns to the Halls to deal with Clan business.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptyWed May 13, 2015 1:21 pm

" Yes. .and speaking of truth out there. . . Valtore. ..any chance your lovely lady might know something of the affairs of those days?"
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptyFri May 15, 2015 1:17 pm

Lira laid a quieting hand on the Lady of Misty Falls as Valtore made his exit. "I think the Thane has a lot of matters to attend to just now, miss Elektra - and besides I have met Lady Silphie, and I think it might be a good idea were us women-folk to seek her out and see if she can help us." Lira grinned one of her mischievous dimpled smiles. "After all it might be possible that miss Silphie could use some aid of the female variety...after all, there is talk of wedding plans for her and the Thane, mmmm?  She might desire a couple of women to talk to!"
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptyFri May 15, 2015 6:26 pm

"Aaahh , my lady ... Silphie hates my guts ... It's all over a time the Thane came here very ill and I feared for him , and tried to care for him to protect him. By the time I saw her stomping in our door , she was filled with accusations and venom at me .... I guess that ruins any chance of her and I becoming shopping pals."
Back to top Go down
StrawberryBlonde

StrawberryBlonde

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:31 pm

The priestess let out a surprised laugh followed by a delighted grin. "A shopping pal!  What a delightful idea!  Someone who can tell me which shade of blue goes best with a particular mood...

I like it!"  The smile faded after a moment though and Lira shrugged lightly. "As for your - difficulty with miss Silphie, I think rhat is up to you. I firmly believe there is nothing that two well-minded ladies can't work out."  A short sniff. "I speak not of males, poor overly emotional and overwrought creatures that they can be. But if you wish to mend fences with the Thane's lady...well I'd be happy to help and call it a fine day's work!"

The bright smile returned. "Of course some might think this a poor time for socializing. Perhaps so. Concentrating on the main puzzle at hand might be prudent."  And finally, a final nod. "As I said, tis up to you Lady."
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:54 pm

"Yes . .you are correct again, my lady. . . .", Elektra nods ,"Shopping pal is a GREAT idea !"
She gets a wide smile as her eyes light up.
" look, I may have enough shoes to march an army of women across the Dales. .but. . you can try on anything I have and if ya like it. . . its yours !"

A giggle follows as if she was still twelve.

Then a more somber mood follows.
"and you really shouldn't speak ill of men and their ways. . . ", She says while shaking her finger at Lira , " That's MY job !"

After a pause. . .

" Ok. .seriously. . . she had venom in her eyes at me worse than a spitting cobra. I think to get any cooperation , I best not even be in the room."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A moment in the Misty Falls Bar   A moment in the Misty Falls Bar Empty

Back to top Go down

A moment in the Misty Falls Bar
Page 1 of 1