Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OOC post concerning the underdark

Go down 
+7
gandruff
Sergeant Jesus
VileNolram
Gaussafae
StaurosMallack
DM Dire
Izz'orgoll
11 posters
AuthorMessage
StaurosMallack

OOC post concerning the underdark Empty
PostSubject: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:05 pm

Hello to all underdark dwellers i have started play my drow the last week and i have to say the rp is great, and the underdark have a nice feeling, maybe cause we are all gathered to one center, you always find something to do or rp unlike the surface, but i wish to tell you the following, please i dont judje anyone's rp neither ranting neither will stop play my drow as a Lothite.
I play a male named Killian D'Xal a proud and arrogant drow warrior and you can read his bio why is such, now being such a female i excpect a lot of punishments and beating for sure and i am ready gladly to recieve them all stoicly(as already have done from our beloved Dabel'kiths *grins*) BUT (there is always a but eh?) i would like to remind to the players of our female drows that although they deserve the respect and the fear of all drow males this doesnt mean they have right over their lives just like that, especially when they are not males of the same house or they serve another mistress, if a male is housless ofcource it is more easier to do what you wish with him.
Also at the situation the drow are right now, with Lolth's silence and the few army remainings at our nice camp, drow females should think twice before dispose a male cause of lack of hands, i have been already dragged in two duels in one week's play which i didnt like at all, also to all Yath'abbans out there, they are not Yathrins, they are temple servants as for jabressesn and jalils they still are superior of any male ofcource but not as feared and respected as yathrins.
What i am saying is in the various novels concerning drow ofcource all males are inferior, but even such some of them are respected cause of their skill as houses weaponmasters , high faerns etc etc, Patrons, and usually the males that are punished are the males of your own house not whatever male walks around.
What i am saying is if you think that a male offends your female char dont be so eager to beat him or sacrifice him to prove how superior female drow are especially Yathrins, remeber that if they belong to another house or serve another mistress it is could to talk with her first, besides it is a loss of face for this house or mistress than the death of a "poor" jaluk.
That all i am saying doesnt mean that male drow can start walk around and insult female drow or dont give a shit about them heh, the opposite, but that are just my thoughts.

Last edited by StaurosMallack on Fri Oct 14, 2011 4:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Izz'orgoll

Izz'orgoll

PostSubject: Re: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:14 pm

Or your character can turn his back on Lolth and Embrace The Masked Lord as his savior...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gaussafae

Gaussafae

PostSubject: Re: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:19 pm

Not every Yath is out to kill, beat, or punish males, if you would like I would refer you to the Zau'Afins. Also since this is ooc, can one of you amazing folks move it to the ud OOC forums?
Back to top Go down
DM Dire

PostSubject: Re: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 2:28 pm

*moved to UD OOC as requested*
Back to top Go down
StaurosMallack

PostSubject: Re: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 4:29 pm

*bumbs kicks this* seriously people take it a bit easy
Back to top Go down
Gaussafae

Gaussafae

PostSubject: Re: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 5:06 pm

I may have missed a post you are referring to but I was being supportive of your request. I have a female drow cleric and I was pointing out not every female cleric in the underdark wants to beat and kill you. I would like to think that my toon is very approachable to anyone.
Back to top Go down
VileNolram

VileNolram

PostSubject: Re: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:51 am

yea welll
Back to top Go down
Sergeant Jesus

Sergeant Jesus

PostSubject: Re: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 8:21 am

VileNolram wrote:
yea welll
*Eyes the tenth post in a few days of VileNolram posting nothing more than two words, sometimes even less*

Anyways! I'd aim for RPing with Zau'afin guys. Generally speaking, you'll have more fun. Not insulting the others, but Zau'afin can (generally) lead you to some rather fun RP. Be it for players of male drow or slave. I state that mainly because I've noticed my character has held a higher chat to being attacked ratio with them.
Back to top Go down
Sergeant Jesus

Sergeant Jesus

PostSubject: Re: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 9:21 am

Arjay wrote:
Yeah, that would be because Zau'afin like to coddle surfacers. I've really had exactly the opposite experience in the UD.

You mean the few that use the surfacers purely for ERP tools? No, I didn't mean those - let's sweep those people under the rug and act like they don't exist. But there's nothing wrong in a drow looking at a surfacer and going "How can I put you to use for me and house?" ... so long as it's not an elf.

But my experience with those that were houseless or part of House Dabel'kith consisted mainly of arbitrary torture or abuse towards slaves. And hearing about it done towards male drow as well. Lolth's actions may seem arbitrary towards others, but each act is actually meant to keep her several steps ahead of everyone (hence the deity's INT and WIS in the 40's) and therefore has a reason behind each action. Just as would be expected of her followers.

Zau'afin has some rather (insane) fanatical slaves, but a good tool should be kept in decent shape and not be banged around and damaged (which is exactly what torture would do). The same can also be said towards all male drow as well, and I didn't see Zau'afin females beating up males randomly or putting them on the altar.

But this is all my personal experiences. Obviously I'm far from all knowing here and could have missed a lot.

Edit: Oh noes! What happened to Arjay's post?!
Back to top Go down
Lichy Popo

Lichy Popo

PostSubject: Re: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:15 pm

Not to defend my house(Dabel'Kith) or anything Wink ... but the first person to torture me upon my arrival in the UD as a houseless Jaluk trying to get a feel for the rp was scary Eclav Zau'Afin. The second was Ginafae Zau'Afin(spelling).

Not that I didn't appreciate it. I haven't been abused AT ALL for weeks now. I actually feel a little ...frisky.

Now I want a ruthless, violent, backstabbing, survive by the skin of your teeth UD. That's just me. But if people are unhappy then I'm not happy. Trying to fly in the face of established hierarchical rp is one thing, but having your playing time ruined is fully another. Let me suggest sending a private and polite tell to the person who is messing with your rp time, and I can almost guarantee that they will instantly back off with smooth and disdainful rp.

The only reason that I joined house Dabel'kith was because Llilith and Sabanna forced me to do some unpleasant dirty work for them (basically they forced me to walk headfirst into an Illithid trap Very Happy ) and when I was a good little male they decided it would be worth their time to include me in their big important female rp.

We hate and kill each other, but we are all one big OOC family. Send a tell if you are unhappy, and make sure you give the same nod to existing rp that you want given to your planned rp. And remember, in the UD might makes right!
Back to top Go down
gandruff

gandruff

PostSubject: Re: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 2:35 pm

I tend to find whether a rothe/jaluk gets beaten around or not, entirely depends on the player in question.
I know mi only usually tends to abuse people when they either slight her personally or she witnisses them do something they shouldnt.
Apart from that she isnt bad to the rothe, she isnt going to become all cushy with them as that isnt what the UD's like, and its not what she's like.
and yeah as lichy said if your unhappy with the direction the rp is going send a tell Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Arjay

PostSubject: Re: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 5:52 pm

Sergeant Jesus wrote:
Edit: Oh noes! What happened to Arjay's post?!
He thought better of making a post when he was half-asleep with that tone. But no harm quoting it. Truth is, my first drow character got abandoned because I could hardly even bring him to camp without getting harassed by Zau'afin epics that were crowding between me and restoring my spells at the fire.
Back to top Go down
DirtyGoblin

PostSubject: Re: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark EmptySat Oct 15, 2011 7:38 pm

My duergar was asked/ordered not to eat in public in the drow camp Q_Q
Back to top Go down
TakenByTheStormX

TakenByTheStormX

PostSubject: Re: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 3:04 am

Mine was told no more ale. Q_Q
Back to top Go down
Lichy Popo

Lichy Popo

PostSubject: Re: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark EmptySun Oct 16, 2011 2:38 pm

DirtyGoblin wrote:
My duergar was asked/ordered not to eat in public in the drow camp Q_Q
TakenByTheStormX wrote:
Mine was told no more ale. Q_Q

HAHAHAHAHA. *wipes tear* We need better laughing emoticons. bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OOC post concerning the underdark   OOC post concerning the underdark Empty

Back to top Go down

OOC post concerning the underdark
Page 1 of 1