Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A cleric falls

Go down 
+11
Falling Leaf
DistastefulSin
Evocati
Alfie
Taeron
KnowingMeKnowingYou
Dormouse
A_Roleplayer
Vanelier
star23_16
Gjallahorn
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 6:07 pm

During a patrol with the Akh-Valars, the Battle-priest Brenor of House Hastalion was slain by the sinister drow May-catcha.

Though dark magics the priest was turned into a chicken and subsequently smashed into oblivion by the dark powers wielded by the Ice-mage.

/// Seeing as B was slain with mass-frowl, I consider his raise at the spot invalid because there would be no body to bring back.
I have very strict rules on how I treat the death of my toons when they fall in PVP.

I am sorry for logging. But I felt it important not to be ooc'ly around the battlefield anymore..seeing as Brenor's body is gone in a very strong sense of the word.
Sadly I did not manage to type "DONT RAISE ME" in party-chat before that exact thing happened.

Thanks to the Akh-Valars for good RP and May for once again, showing just how mean casters are Wink

Where it goes from here I leave to the Akh-Valars that where there, if any lives to tell the tale Razz ///
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

Zaroak

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Celovar would of brought his body to the temple of the Seldarine. He would tell the priestess the scroll did not work and he would need something more to be able to bring him back. When other means do not work he lowers his head in shame and tells her to make preparations for a burial.
Back to top Go down
star23_16

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:27 pm

(( Sorry to see you perma-ing the character but Kudos for the RP and the fight, and huge respect for you choice Smile ))
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Upon hearing the news Nadin is visibly shaken and frows deeply, and immediately goes to the temple. Even if tears fall sometimes, the bladesinger remains with his blade unsheated and resting point-down in a respectful and guarding manner. He will remain there and move aside only to give room for any paladin, priest or other person from the church or authority who comes to conduct the proper cererimonies or pay respect to the priest.
Unless ordered to leave, or asked by a church member he will remain there silently indefinitely.

In his mind the bladesinger prays and sometimes repeat to himself words like the ones following

Corellon Larethian, Sehanine Moonbow, Angharradh, all the Seldarine, today a most noble and faithful of your children fell. The tendrils of evil took the life of one who inspired many, and his depart this way shall bring a void hard to be filled. Oh mighty Corellon, this is not the will of your deceased son by certain, please Father, help us to endure this and that his passage can be remenbered for all his important done deeds, and not for the ones we will not have the chance to see anymore.
If by any chance you return to us, your 'adopted children' will be waiting for your stern judgment, and shall receive you with much joy and happynes. If not, wait for us in Arvandor, in your deserved rest.

((Can be edited/erased accordingly to IG interactions and DM/player discretion))

Last edited by Vall Moon on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : ((necessary remark added)))
Back to top Go down
Vanelier

Vanelier

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 9:06 pm

Lorien comes to the Temple after hearing the news, tears in her eyes. She does not cry, but she does join Nadin in vigil near the body, electing to conduct the proper rites for the Priest of Corellon, being a Templar of the Creator herself.
Back to top Go down
Zaroak

Zaroak

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 11:29 pm

Celovar folds his arms and watches the two in silence. He does not aid them, but does not get int he way either.
Back to top Go down
DistastefulSin

DistastefulSin

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 12:01 am

*Ahra could be seen walking silently into the Seldarine, she walks to Angharradh statue, kneels for a long time and walks out in silence. Not looking to anyone, not saying anything. She can be seen wandering Myth Drannor for a short time alone, sitting at a tree re-arranging her bag, and going to kill beastmen for a few hours coming back with a frown seeing Myth Drannor quiet*

"I'm not going to stand idle while everyone sits in the Seldarine crying... I'm going to see about bringing him back" *She'd mutter to herself walking off to find Steffan*

\\Just a note, All this was played IG, though she never found Steffan -yet- So in that regard ahra did not see anyone, save Nadin in the Temple and did not speak to him. I will not be accepting Forum RP for this part so please RP like you did not see her, the only one would have been Nadin but we did not talk//
Back to top Go down
A_Roleplayer

A_Roleplayer

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:14 am

Upon hearing the news of Brenors death Alarice goes to the Temple of the Seldarine and prays to Corellon.

'why would you take one of the faithful before his work was done? His devotion to you was matched only by his devotion to your children. I will not ask you to send him back to us for now he stands by your side in Arvandor untroubled by a mortal life. If there is another that can take up what he started guide your children to him or him to your children. I will miss Brenor, his devotion was an inspiration to me and helped me decide my path. Look after him, father of all, for he has earned his place in your realm.'

She finishes her prayer before saying a personal farewell to his remains. She then returns to her duties.
Back to top Go down
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 3:52 am

/// Only remains of Brenor after that battle would be his gear, given the nature of that EVOL spell(and the two huge elementals standing right next to Brenor, fighting each other, when the spell was cast) :-)...
So replace "his body" with "his gear" and all should be well and dandy.///
Back to top Go down
Dormouse

Dormouse

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:10 am

//ok can you please discuss it in pms and keep this IC guys?
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:25 am

After finishing some business Karovir enters the temple looking at everyone present and says: "Giving up already? Why are you acting as if he was dead forever? I will consider him dead only after we tried this..." He pulls out a diamond from his bag: "We have his armor, we know his name and we have people who can perform a true resurrection. If he returns is his decision but we will try."
Back to top Go down
KnowingMeKnowingYou

KnowingMeKnowingYou

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:43 am

Aurye will rush to the temple when she hears of the Priests fall in battle.

she would first pray at Corellons statue for guidance asking the Creator to bring back the honored Priest.

she then joins Karovir to stand at his side, smiling with hope as she hears his words

"it will be his decision then. If he comes back to once again stand at our side in rebuilding this great city or if his spirit wants to stay in Arvandor to dance forever among the glades.
Whatever the decision will be, we will accept it as only his to make. Every elf yearns for the peace and joy of Arvandor, so we will all understand if he choses to stay there."
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 6:49 am

"His duty here is not done and though he was old he came here for a purpose which was not to die fighting an Ice Witch. Let us prepare the ceremony."
Back to top Go down
Sonja Bloodrayne

Sonja Bloodrayne

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 7:45 am

Mara would stand by watching and offering any help the priestess can give.
Back to top Go down
Taeron

Taeron

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:20 am

*Taeron awkwardly walks towards the temple, adorned in his darksteel field plate. He stands by - nodding to Karovir. He's willing to help, just a bit unfamiliar with the situation*

Such a glorious death deserves rest eternal and a celebration in the Great Halls, but should his soul wish to return and fulfill whatever duties he had... I will gladly offer my help, should you need it. Uthgar looks favorably on those who fell in a battle.
Back to top Go down
Alfie

Alfie

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 10:40 am

*Alfie can be seen watching the whole the crowd, in utter silence and grimm emotion on his face. He holds a small pendant murmuring to himself.*

Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 11:30 am

Nadin keeps his vigilance, but his face shows more peace and visibly hope.
Back to top Go down
Evocati

Evocati

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 1:26 pm

Steffan stays away from the temple out of respect for Brenor
Back to top Go down
DistastefulSin

DistastefulSin

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 4:22 pm

*Ahra would goto the Hastalion Camp and find some hairs from Brenor, she would goto the temple and look in shock at the giant crowd, she would head to Karovir and give him the hairs from Brenor she found in his tent*

I'm not sure if this will help, but i think it will be alot better then armor... Something actually of him, instead of something he wore, I will also aid any powers I have to help resurrect him
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Karovir takes the hair and nods to Ahraliniel: "This will make it a lot easier as far as I know. Thank you very much, miss Ahraliniel." He places the hair on the ground and then the diamond on top of it. "I think it is on the time to get him back." He would kneel down and close his eyes for a while just kneeling and gather as much of his inner divine power as possible trying to feel the connection with his god as deep as possible. Then he raises his head a bit and mutters: "Corellon Larethian, father of the elves, Shaundakul, rider of the wind and helping hand, my patron, we are here to ask you for a great favor. We ask you to return the spirit of Brenor of the house Hastalion, warpriest of Corellon, so we can ask him if he is willing to return to this plane and finish his duty." He stands up then and releases the gathered divine energy in one single resurrection spell on the small pile of hair and diamond.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyTue Aug 21, 2012 8:57 pm

Nadin relaxes and looks to Karovir's direction, sheating his blade he waits patiently for the result. The elf now knows Brenor can decide, and whatever he decides Nadin's guard will be no more necessary.
Back to top Go down
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 2:08 am

*In a flash of light the hair and diamond implodes into nothing and as the divine energy form Karovirs spell fills the hall, a slender cloud of white and azur-blue smoke emerges from the spot there the components rested.

They whirl around violently and after a brief moment they seem to solidify, gradually forming the shape of a tall elven male.

For a spell only the contours of the elf seems visible, but then slowly, details begin to emerge on the elf, the color however still all but silvery and his body somewhat transparent and blurred. His features that of a young and strong sun-elf.

The elf looks around at the ones gathered with his eyes that looks like deep pools of silver, then he settles his gaze on Karovir and after a few heartbeats, the elf gives a slow nod and casts a glance over his shoulder, looking back at something unseen to those around him.

With that, the elf takes a single step foreward, out of the whirling smoke, and in a quick burst of light, his body solidifies, and color returns to his person.

At the same time the elf's stature crumbles slightly and his skin seems to tighten, now clearly marking his cheekbones, the long chestnut-red hair thins slightly and lines of silver appears in among the redness.

The last thing to take color are his eyes, gradually takeing a bright emerald green color that seems to retain some of the light and divine powers that where swirling his person seconds ago.

The cloud of smoke implodes into oblivion behind the now old looking sun elf, who stands before them wearing nothing but a simple elegant robe of bright white and azur-blue. His hair hanging loosely down to his shoulders, his bare feet shifting slightly on the cool stone-floor of the temple.

Brenor Hastalion looks at Karovir with stern eyes, yet a friendly glimt in the depths of their bright green, and adjusts his simple garment as he takes in a deep breath though his nostrils.*

"Honorable Captain Karovir, in what manner might I be of assistance?"
Back to top Go down
egeloppe

egeloppe

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 3:16 am

*AS Brenor speaks for the first time, Amar walks into the temple, hears and sees Brenor speaking to Karovir, Amar then walks towards the statue of Rillifane Rallathil, mumbling* " heard Master Hastalion was injured.. Take it I was wrong.. seems fit t' me.. Bah.. can't rely on any rumors nowadays" *he then inclines head in passing the gathered and starts to pray at the foot of the statue*
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 5:15 am

Karovir would exhale deeply as he sees Brenor materializing in front of him. He looks very tired and probably ten years older after casting such a draining spell. After Brenor's question he would nod and point at the elf's armor: "Put your armor on and say hello to the people here. And welcome back amongst the living." He then steps aside slowly and sits down on a bench closing his eyes and grumbling silently: "I am getting too old for this stuff."
Back to top Go down
Gjallahorn

Gjallahorn

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls EmptyWed Aug 22, 2012 6:08 am

*Brenor would nod firmly and walk over to Karovir and place a hand on his shoulder*

You brighten my honor Captain, and this I swear to you...
What ever aid you might require, in the name of Corellon Larethian the ruler of the Seldarine, you shall have it...for as long as I breathe I will stand ready should you need it..

*regards him with stern eyes as he speaks*

My gratitude for what you have done here today, surpasses any words in any of the many languages I speak...so a simple thank you, however insufficient it may seem, is all I can say.

Blessings upon you Captain Karovir, I shall honor your deed.

*Turns to the others gathered in the temple and inclines his head in greeting, his eyes stern but with a touch of both sadness and joy in them*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A cleric falls Empty
PostSubject: Re: A cleric falls   A cleric falls Empty

Back to top Go down

A cleric falls
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next