Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Slartibartfaß

Slartibartfaß

two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine Empty
PostSubject: two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine   two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:23 am

One recent morning two moonelves enter the city of Myth Drannor. Each carries a bloody head with white hair and black skin in the hand.
(Some of the older inhabitants may perhaps recognize the two figures as Nio the Huntress and Eyolvar the Wanderer.)

If asked what happened, the male figure will just shake his head and answer:
"You may ask later. This is not the time of questions, but the time of prayer."

The two mainly black-clothed elves silently make their way to the temple of the Seldarine, where they kneel down in front of the statue of Shevarash, offering the heads to the bowl at his feet.
For quite some time they will pray and renew their oath then, as the ancient ritual demands.

When they are done with this and have cleaned themselves they will request a meeting with the Coronal to inform her about the destruction and chaos the two now dead dhaerow brought to the Vale of the Lost Voices.

((( With a big thanks to DM Cy, who turned a simple patrol into a fine RP event! cheers )))
Back to top Go down
KnowingMeKnowingYou

KnowingMeKnowingYou

PostSubject: Re: two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine   two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:28 am

After hearing of the request from the guards, Aurye will seek the two kin out.

"Honored kin, i was informed you wanted to meet her grace about a Dhaerow incident. I am afraid she is not free to receive you but i would like to hear what has transpired in the Vale."

She gives both a respectful and polite nod

"I am Auryne Linthariel, Keeper of Myth Drannor and commander of the Akh´Velahr. The security of the sacred Vale falls under our duties as well. The burial sites of our ancestors are protected by the laws of this city. If you would like to join me in our barracks for a private talk?
i would like to hear your story."

She would lead them to the Barracks of the Akh´Velahr high up in the tree tops.
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine   two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 10:56 am

The Spell Captain Nadin Moonbolt would be interested in hear this history too, and would join the lady Keeper after hear about this from another guard.

- If you don't mind lady Keeper, I would like to join this meeting.
Back to top Go down
Slartibartfaß

Slartibartfaß

PostSubject: Re: two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine   two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 11:06 am

Eyolvar tilts his head in greeting as Auryne approaches them.
If he is puzzled that she seems not to recognize him anymore he doesn't show it.
His visits to the city are rare and infrequent after all.

"As long as the news reach responsible ears and appropriate action is taken - I do not insist on the precious time of the Coronal", he says calmly.

The two Shevarashians follow Auryne into the barracks and Eyolvar gives a brief and blunt overview about the current state of the temple and the graves in the Vale of the Lost Voices.

"The two defilers seem to have tried to completely ruin the peace of the place. Many of the sarcophagi are damaged, the dead have been dragged out of their graves and left outside to rot. The decorations have been destroyed.
The statues have been used as practise targets for crossbow shootings.
There will be a good deal of work needed to restore the former state and bring back peace to the place.

We have been able to track down the defilers to their hideout in the Midwood caves and to deliver His vengeance upon them, but we are not able to rebuild the place since we are hunters, no artisans."

His face and voice show no emotion while he reports this, seemingly unaffected he just states the facts as they found them.
Back to top Go down
KnowingMeKnowingYou

KnowingMeKnowingYou

PostSubject: Re: two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine   two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 12:21 pm

Auryne would of course invite the Spell Captain as well.
Once they reach the Barracks she would lead them to a wodden platform overlooking the city and offer them wine or tea as she sits down to listen to their story.
Her face is very serious as they tell of the defiling of the graves and crypts

"This is a serious threat. So far the Drow have avoided the Vale and never set a foot in it as long as they have been on the surface. I wonder why they suddenly have changed that behaviour... This is the first drow sighting in the Vale in centuries.
Our own patrols have so far not encountered any of the Dhaerow. We will take maesures and increase the patrols to protect our ancestors graves and spirits. I welcome you to join in these patrols. We value the knowledge of the Black Arches a lot when dealing with our dark traitrous kin. This is Nadin Moonbolt, Spell Captain of the Akh´Faern and Bladesinger of the people, he leads many of our patrols in the vale."
Back to top Go down
Slartibartfaß

Slartibartfaß

PostSubject: Re: two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine   two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:12 pm

Eyolvar tilts his head again, offering a respectful nod.

"This is Nio the Huntress, I am Eyolvar the Wanderer. - Your offer is accepted. We will cover the Vale in our patrols regularly from now on. Any important news will be brought to your attention."
Back to top Go down
Vall Moon

Vall Moon

PostSubject: Re: two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine   two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 3:16 pm

Nadin returns a similar gesture and add.

- The aid of the black archers is always welcome to deal with the cursed ones, you are welcome indeed to join our patrols too. May your aim strike true.
Back to top Go down
DM Light

DM Light

PostSubject: Re: two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine   two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine EmptyThu Feb 21, 2013 4:48 pm

Some time passes after the elves left the temple for the barracks and the conversation with the keeper.
A pale flame lit in the offering bowls, one that is as white as the sun, yet does not lit the area around it.
Silently and efficietly it burns the dhaerow's heads until there is nothing of them but ashes. Surprisingly the wooden bowls remain whole.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine   two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine Empty

Back to top Go down

two blackskinned heads at the temple of the Seldarine
Page 1 of 1