Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge

Go down 
+12
gandruff
BedlamX
Vall Moon
zatagon
Serebane
Falling Leaf
KnowingMeKnowingYou
Sonja Bloodrayne
DM Atropos
tjhyland
Maskedshini
Kuitenknieper
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge Empty
PostSubject: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 1:08 am

Commander Anteos under the very orders given by Archon Grey-Darkhope frequently patrols the Fox Ridge area. Many different occasions, he has come across Rebels, Ironhouses and other enemies of the Zhentarim. On many of these occasions, he leaves the mentioned party bloodied and barely clinging to life yet doesn't kill them, instead leaving them a message.

"The Army of Darkhope and Commander Anteos are coming for each of you, tell your friends, any we come across from this point will be slain. Let it be known that the Army of Darkhope claim this area and any who oppose us will meet the Dread Lord personally"
Back to top Go down
Kuitenknieper

Kuitenknieper

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 9:30 am

Next time a Zhent patrol went missing, a single Swordhand returns to town naked.
He delivers a mesage from the rebels, but most likely would not dare to repeat it in it's original sense since it mostly contains remarks about the doubtable integrity of Commander Anteos' mother.
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

Maskedshini

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:06 am

Walkers of the forest does their best to relocate all animals that arn't directly hostile to them from anywhere near Shadowdale, which includes fox ridge. and instead leads them towards the Cormanthor, and deep into the Shadowdale Forest, way out of reach from anyone within Shadowdale
Back to top Go down
http://Sallingmarine.dk
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:12 am

Iwean will try to contact Mylanis, (if succssful) "My lady what is going on here? These animals are part of the forest here. Moving them will only burden the place you move them too. I don't believe the animals are in danger, they have been here though all the turmoil including the invasion."
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

Maskedshini

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 10:17 am

Mylanis sighs

Sadly this is long overdue, the closer they come to Shadowdale, the more danger they're in. If the are so steadfast in claiming Fox ridge, then they will likely settle new houses there, and in which case there wont be place for these animals, I'm simply preparing for such things. If the zhents do regain their common sense, which is unlikely, since they haven't had any since birth, then maybe the animals will be moved back. But for now, and for their own safety, they will be moved to a safer place, and cared for.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:14 am

"But who gives you the right to make that determination and why Myth Drannor they're expanding as well?" "No disrespect, but I don't think this is a good plan. Overcrowding another area for the chance it'll save their lives from a supposed threat."
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

Maskedshini

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:42 am

I understand what you're trying to say, but sadly I dont know how long you've been in this area, and haven't seen the things I have. You might see this as a cruel act, but know that even if Myth drannor is a sinner in the same way, moving them there is a choice of lesser evil. There is a higher chance that these animals will have a better life away from Shadowdale.

Shadowdale is tainted, the dead walk free in the crypts, their mages summon them like it's a dam joke, devil pacters are the highest members of their "holy" church. Just look at the state of their town, last I heard beggars are everywhere. . . They hardly care for the people they claim to protect, I will not let the same be said for the forests I'm pledged to protect.

The "church" of bane, and the zhentarim doesn't care for nature, they never will, the circle have tried to remain at peace with them, but they've never cared one bit. They will use you while it suits them, and then torture and kill you when you're done.

I do not know if you feel the earth like I do, hear the suffering it has to put up with in shadowdale, even here where I stand I can feel the blight that town has on the land, And I will not stand around and let all of that affect the creatures I'm sworn to protect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 11:59 am

Maskedshini wrote:
Walkers of the forest does their best to relocate all animals that arn't directly hostile to them from anywhere near Shadowdale, which includes fox ridge. and instead leads them towards the Cormanthor, and deep into the Shadowdale Forest, way out of reach from anyone within Shadowdale

Leo is included in this mission and aids Mylanis in helping forest life to move to safe distance from hostile and hungry rulers of Shadowdale city. He offers protections to rangers in Fox Ridge too, by inviting them to place within the grove where they can be safe, that they have options to not suffer under Banites' tyranny and where they will gain roofs above their heads instead of tents. When Iwean questions the rights of the circle, Leo answers him with hostilty: "We are not going to wait for Zhents to slay animals as they claim this land, we lack numbers to fight their army, and defenders are not here to protect us. For the sake of animal life this is what we have to do. Migrating is a common amongst animals, that is how they survive changes. I don't expect you to understand, Blackhound, but they even made scars on one of your own men just because he has a cat with him, yet they allow that woman to sell cats to people in Shadowdale and outsiders which makes no sense to me. They harm nature with no actually purpose, like brainless demons with chaotic nature. At the end they can claim here when there is nothing else left to claim. But they cannot follow there where us nature walks can guide life to safe locations. I will of course continue to heal damage that they do anytime I can, and the best healing we can do is to prevent damage to happen at first time. Cormanthor and Deep Shadowdale Woods are spacious enough for the life of Fox Ridge, but I did not expect you to understand how survival works, so please leave us do our jobs in peace."
Back to top Go down
DM Atropos

DM Atropos

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 1:04 pm

Kuitenknieper wrote:
Next time a Zhent patrol went missing, a single Swordhand returns to town naked.
He delivers a mesage from the rebels, but most likely would not dare to repeat it in it's original sense since it mostly contains remarks about the doubtable integrity of Commander Anteos' mother.

((Unless you have expressed permission from a DM, please do not "control" NPCs. If you do have permission from a DM, please make a note of it in your post. Feel free to react accordingly, by stating interactions with -other- PCs or how your own PC would react. Thanks, carry on! ))
Back to top Go down
Sonja Bloodrayne

Sonja Bloodrayne

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 1:24 pm

The woman in red armor can be seen patrolling the Fox Ridge area. Almost like she is waiting for something or someone.
Back to top Go down
KnowingMeKnowingYou

KnowingMeKnowingYou

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 3:43 pm

the lone masked elf would patiently observe all the comings and goings from her favorite observation points in the tree.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 4:02 pm

"These animals are needed for the forest and the forest has been around longer than any of us. Do you plan on moving the forest as well? Destorying even a small section can cause problems. I care not for your war with the zhents. Wars have come and gone and the forest still stands. This petty squabble means nothing to the trees."
Back to top Go down
Falling Leaf

Falling Leaf

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 5:05 pm

Not having seen any Zhentarim activity in the Fox Ridge Karovir would just pass through and wonder what all the fuzz is about.
Back to top Go down
Serebane

Serebane

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:23 pm

Off and on, much like the Zhentarim and Baneites riddling the grass with blood from their enemies, Lhanir would enter Fox Ridge to clean up the messes left behind, recovering those whose spirits still lingered nearby, and cleansing the land of darker taints. Then wordlessly she would once more depart beyond the area's border, anticipating more of their attempts to pick off the weaker pups in a pack of wolves.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 6:43 pm

tjhyland wrote:
"These animals are needed for the forest and the forest has been around longer than any of us. Do you plan on moving the forest as well? Destorying even a small section can cause problems. I care not for your war with the zhents. Wars have come and gone and the forest still stands. This petty squabble means nothing to the trees."

"Exactly, they are needed, but not for zhetnarim's blood thirst. I did not expect you to care at all Blackhound, after all you are a Blackhound, so only thing you could be capable to care for is coin. I care for animals unlike you and I will not let them die without purpose. There where zhentarim sets a foot no life can grow, only death can prevail and corruption. And since the circle is not in war as you claim with your lies, we simply protect what they plan to destroy, without entering in battle against them."
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:43 pm

The animals have not been threated by the Zhents!!!! I see no animals dead at the hands of this war. Are you so blind by your anger. There is no need to move the animals. Do you wish to spill blood over this?
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

Maskedshini

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 7:51 pm

Then you must be blind, You have not seen what we have, that's not our fault. You may not have seen any animals dead of "this" war, but believe me there's been plenty of dead animals in the past. And I want to avoid any further death if that's possible. In the past this whole area was the center for an undead taint that killed pretty much every living thing here, and if the zhents want to settle here, that might very well happen once again. If you want, then you can consider this move temporary, if the areas remain safe in the future, then I see no reason the animals can't return, but right as of these times, it's safest if we move them to somewhere we know that they'll remain safe.

No, we do not wish to spill blood, and if that was a threat, I would consider you next words carefully hound. All of this is to prevent the spill of these animals blood without reason. If we dont move them, then the chances are their blood will be spill for the fun of the act.

If you really wish to continue on this conversation, then you'll have to do so while we work.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:11 pm

And if we move them the forest will suffer when its just begun to repair itself. Maybe it's better I'm not privy to what ever you saw. But I'm being completly nuetral in the politics of this area your view is obviously biased. Move these animals is against the natural development of the forest. Prior to this I had a vision of Myth Drannor gauging a chunk of the forest out. I was confused about this as I had always thought Myth Drannor and the Circle as nature friendly. I spoke with a friend about this after I had the vision. I see his advice can't be followed now. I strongly feel if you move these animals from the forest there are going to be bad repercussions. I will do what ever needed to prevent it.
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

Maskedshini

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:20 pm

So you're a Seer then, excuse me if I'm doubting that your visions are coming true or not.

If you will do whatever needed to prevent it, then you better kill me now, cause I have a duty to my goddess, and that means I have to protect these animals, you might not see what that means, but I will not leave these animals here to either be cruelly slaughtered for fun, or to suffer a curse from some random blight, those seems to pop up frequently in Shadowdale.

Also, I will have you know, that if you were a friend of nature, then why do you join up with people that're expanding and ruining the north ride, which was a perfectly well spot for the wildlife?

The hounds have claimed several times to be "Natural" however as you might see us as allying ourselves with Myth Drannor and the defenders, the same can be Said for the hounds that seem to have a habit of making trouble in Myth drannor, and doing a lot of work for the zhentarim.

With that, Mylanis begins to walk on towards the Cormanthor, being followed by whatever animals she'd have been able to gather.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:26 pm

"Actually migrating to safe area is survival instinct that many animals know, this is most natural thing that could happen to them to survive zhenarim waves on this land and we guide them. This has nothing to do with wars again and again, this is simply us carrying for nature. Forest will not suffer from the lack of animals, plant life can live and have done long before animals came here. To prevent this to happen go stop zhetnarim. But if you stand on our way, then you will be as same as those bloodthirsty zhents, which would not surprise me personally. If you can see, my decision to refuse you to join the circle was a correct one. Now leave us be in peace, we have to save animals, it was us who restored them from Talona's blight, and it will be us who will save them from unnatural deaths again. If you attempt to stop us, then we will attempt to stop you Blackhound, for you wish to serve these innocent animals on zhent's plate, "Seer". Leo then continues together with Mylanis, helping her to accomplish the task.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:33 pm

Your bias is evident when you keep bringing up politics. And I thought were taking the animals out of Fox Ridge. I agree the forest in Shadowdale and along the North Ride is in need of repair and the animals there probably could use a new home. But Fox Ridge is starting to repair itself in spite of the gnolls. The animals need to stay here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:35 pm

Is away from hearing range to reply on anything unless Iwean follows them or yells.
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:43 pm

And don't come back and get any animals
Back to top Go down
tjhyland

tjhyland

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:45 pm

If your still taking the animals I'm still stopping you
Back to top Go down
Maskedshini

Maskedshini

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge EmptyTue Mar 12, 2013 8:46 pm

As things stand, unless Iwean takes hostile Action, Mylanis and the others that follow her, will continue to move the animals away from Fox Ridge
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge   A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge Empty

Back to top Go down

A message continues to be spread at Fox Ridge
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next