Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Returning to DB (could use an update on the world)

Go down 
+5
Queen Nothing
adaywithoutrain
ADM Monkeyboy
Slartibartfaß
Manbear
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Manbear

Manbear

Returning to DB (could use an update on the world) Empty
PostSubject: Returning to DB (could use an update on the world)   Returning to DB (could use an update on the world) EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 5:03 pm

Hey all. I played on the server quite some time ago. I think it's been about a year or so. I was wanting to get back into the server and do some RP. Though from the look of things on the forums things have changed a bit. I was wondering if I could get a quick update on general happenings that my character may have heard while away on his travels. I wouldn't normally hesitate about logging in, however I play a Red Wizard and after reading one of the RP Guide posts thought it may not be wise to just walk into Shadowdale with him. Especially since he was involved in a plot of sorts where the Red Wizards were going to make Flesh Golems for the Zhents. Not sure how that played out or if it was known. I'm just wondering what sort of news may have reached my character in Thay and what kind of reaction he may face in SD as a Red Wizard or by people who knew him/of him personally.

Thanks in advanced.
Back to top Go down
Slartibartfaß

Slartibartfaß

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DB (could use an update on the world)   Returning to DB (could use an update on the world) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 3:38 am

Now that's a qestion and a half!  Shocked 

First off: heya and welcome back, Manbear. Smile

I'll try and answer at least some parts of your question (for Thayans/Zhents I can't answer at all, sadly).

The most probably most imortant change is that Shadowdale is "liberated" (the Zhentarim will most probably find another term to describe the change in owner-/leadership Very Happy). The Zhents are therefore thrown back to Castle Krag and I haven't seen many of them ingame since. Sad

Lady Glamerie is dead, she died during a recent attack on Shadowdale, done by odd worms who are said to have come from another plane. (I do not know many details about this, either, but there are quite a few topics about this in the "SD" section).

The Twisted Tower is no more, as well. Some wizards managed to raze it to the ground.

The Thayans should be rather concerned with the recent attacks on Freehaven by an undead army. I haven't noticed any Thayan PCs, though, so I can't say if the Red Wizards act about this at all.

As a Red Wizard you most probably will find yourself in an uncomfortable situation (to express it in a diplomatic way Very Happy) in SD, as the town is ruled by good-doers (or people who at least claim to be such Razz Very Happy).

I think that all what I have written above should be IC knowledge of your char.

On a more mechanical note: SD and the surroundings (East of SD, Fox Ridge, SD woods, Beastmen area etc) have seen a fantastic update mapwise, as well as the Overgrowth. It may be a good idea to visit those areas. Prepare for a jawdrop. And some of the transitions have been rearranged, too.

Hope to see you ingame soon again. Smile
Back to top Go down
ADM Monkeyboy

ADM Monkeyboy

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DB (could use an update on the world)   Returning to DB (could use an update on the world) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:09 am

About zones being rearranged, this is a map of how things are located transit wise, and not lorewise.
Map:
Back to top Go down
Manbear

Manbear

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DB (could use an update on the world)   Returning to DB (could use an update on the world) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 11:08 am

Thanks for the replies. I didn't catch the undead attacks on Freehaven when looking through the forums. So Freehaven may be a good place for my character to start. Thanks for the map as well, that'll help in getting to Freehaven since I forgot how to get there.

I may try a trip into Shadowdale. As a Red Wizard I've gotten used to less then friendly greetings, even when SD was Zhent controlled. I think some great RP could be had between my Red Wizard and the do-gooders of SD. Perhaps a collection of anti-Zhent and anti-drow magics for sale will help his visiting to the area Smile

Oh and another question, (less involved than the last.) Does the Shrine to Kossuth still exist? and if so is it still where it used to be?

Well I look forward to playing on the server again, great stories await.
Back to top Go down
Slartibartfaß

Slartibartfaß

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DB (could use an update on the world)   Returning to DB (could use an update on the world) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 11:41 am

Manbear wrote:
Does the Shrine to Kossuth still exist? and if so is it still where it used to be?

I don't remember any relocation or removement. Last I checked (some months ago, granted) it was still there Smile
Back to top Go down
adaywithoutrain

adaywithoutrain

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DB (could use an update on the world)   Returning to DB (could use an update on the world) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 12:00 pm

If you're talking about the Temple in the mountain, it is still there Smile
Back to top Go down
Queen Nothing

Queen Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DB (could use an update on the world)   Returning to DB (could use an update on the world) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 1:54 pm

The Temple to Kossuth is still there, it's just not all that active. In fact, a lot of characters aren't even aware it exists.

My PC is currenntly trying to change that, in making the following more known and increasing religious activity.

As for the Red Wizard bit, I'm not sure how that would go. Red Wizards are often evil, sure, but they also have neutral-aligned wizards. And hey, Shadowdale currently accepts odder things in their borders, such as Half-Drow. If your PC shows he has no ill intentions for Shadowdale and just wants to help, maybe he would be OK? I'm really not sure. I'm not a DM or town official or anything.
Back to top Go down
DM FOE

DM FOE

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DB (could use an update on the world)   Returning to DB (could use an update on the world) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 1:57 pm

There is a (newish) Thavian enclave in Freehaven. It can be interacted with if one gives a DM fair warning.
Back to top Go down
DM Carbuncle

DM Carbuncle

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DB (could use an update on the world)   Returning to DB (could use an update on the world) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 5:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Avarson

Avarson

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DB (could use an update on the world)   Returning to DB (could use an update on the world) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 10:11 pm

There are actually very few (if any) Red Wizards on the server these days, mainly because of the severe lack of opportunities for evil characters to make meaningful and lasting changes. The Zhentarim are basically non-existent as of now, with only 1 semi-active player who mains a Zhentarim character.

Both of my characters are Thayan, (Syvin and Koresh) and my ingame account is MainSA. Send me a tell if you want to chat ingame, or send me some more PM's and I can fill you in on various specifics.
Back to top Go down
Rickshaw

Rickshaw

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DB (could use an update on the world)   Returning to DB (could use an update on the world) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 11:01 pm

This is quite interesting reading actually as I have been in the process of levelling up a red wizard of my own to fill the apparent gap in the representation of such an important faction in terms of FR lore & power struggles. With current events in Freehaven, now more than ever seems to be an ideal time to establish a Thayan PC presence. (Though I would argue there are a few changes needed regarding FH due to certain... inconsistencies with RW lore & goals and the nature of FH. If any other RW players would like to discuss this with me, please hit me up with a PM)

As such, if anything is planned or Thayan PCs intend to meet up at some point, please let me know. I'm still three levels off of having the class in my character sheet for a mechanical representation, and the bio is still forthcoming, but I would be eager to be a part of any activities of this sort.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Returning to DB (could use an update on the world)   Returning to DB (could use an update on the world) Empty

Back to top Go down

Returning to DB (could use an update on the world)
Page 1 of 1