Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

A letter to the Coronal

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BreakNova

BreakNova

A letter to the Coronal Empty
PostSubject: A letter to the Coronal   A letter to the Coronal EmptyMon Jun 06, 2011 10:30 am

A letter is delivered to the Coronal by special courier.

Honorable Lady Coronal,

It is with great reluctance that I pen this letter to the Lady Coronal. Recent events, however, have warranted so and I believe your awareness in this matter is of the utmost importance as lives could very well be at stake, especially elven lives. This letter pertains to the rogue Eilistraeean known as Ne'kalsa and our convert Gul Ka'rik.

Ne'kalsa is a follower of the Maiden much like us but acts independently despite the counsel of the High Priestess. She has proven time and time again to disregard any of our warnings, experience, and concerns in any matter. We have tried many times to form a bridge to her, to show her wisdom, but she rebels and disregards anything we say. While her intentions are to genuinely seek good, they are dangerous. She has consorted with known enemies such as Xin'salar who we know has been trying with great effort to infilitrate our glade. Xin'salar is a Llothite that poses a danger not only to us, but to your Defenders as well as your People. We tried to tell Ne'kalsa this, to warn her, but she refused to listen and instead chose to make an attempt to convert him otherwise. We believe she is being manipulated by him and given what has happened in the past to our number, we know how deadly this game she is playing will become. As a result, we have barred her from our lands. It was not an easy decision, but our alternative is to confine her to the temple in hopes she will see reason. Such an act of restriction however is not the way of the Maiden. Barring her was an absolute last resort. We have tried for months to educate her, took her to another more establshed temple to seek wise council, spent a great deal of time and effort to teach her. We have failed. So, I warn you, Lady Coronal as well as your Defenders, be wary of this one. She is a kind heart, but dangerously naive.

Next is the matter of our convert Gul Ka'rik. Our dear friend came to us many months ago after fleeing from the horrors of the Underdark. For a long time, we have worked with him, showed him the better ways despite the hostile environment we all walk in. He has since changed dramatically and for some time has proven his faith in Eilistraee. Unfortunately, events as of late have weighed on him heavily. If it is not the Shevarashians that constantly seek him out, it is the Llothite incursions that specifically target him, or a mixture of individuals that have hunted him on a constant basis. For a very long time, he has struck back and only incapacitated or disarmed. Yet, in the face of such relentless hostility and driven by the survival instinct, his retaliations have grown lethal. The fault lies in us as well for not noticing the gravity of his troubles sooner. Our High Priestess works with him now in hopes of reinforcing the teachings. Until then, he will be paranoid and on edge of those around him outside of the glade. My best advise to offer to protect your Kin, as one who has gone through the same ordeal, is to avoid him outright. Given what I saw during we last spoke, I believe there are those that will goad him to fight, knowing his current temperment.

I ask of you, Lady Coronal, to advise your Defenders and Kin to avoid Gul Ka'rik as much as possible. We have also spoken with Gul to remind him to strike nonlethally in self-defense, that killing those of your Kin who attack out of scorn, even in defense, only reinforces the point many who work against us are trying to make. No matter how many come to the Lady Coronal to complain, they will still be alive. We promise to continue to work with him, that his actions are known to us and we will hold him accountable. He has before shown acts of great compassion towards others, has lifted his hands up and asked for peace even when being attacked by a group of armed individuals, and has shown mercy to those who would not return it. This is a person who is not regressing from us. Anyone would be in his current state given they suffered the same events. It is with confidence that I believe we will help him recover.

I thank you, Lady Coronal, for taking the time to read this. It is my hope that this provides you with insight into these two individuals. Should you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me or the High Priestess at any time.

Very Respectfully,
Battlemistress Ariyana
Back to top Go down

A letter to the Coronal
Page 1 of 1