Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guard Drills

Go down 
+6
DM Stardust
White Rose
wemic
Avarson
Blutbadd
Hasbeengoing
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptySat Feb 01, 2014 4:43 am

Outside the House of Redemption, Asteria can be seen running the guards through training drills and talking to each individually about their combat strengths and weaknesses. After the drills outside, she takes the guard back inside to train them in the Battleporium. As long as each puts in the effort, the warrioress starts off easy with them and as training continues on, gradually increases her training pace. She seems quite content to do her duty and proud to train them. She, however, seems perfectly open to listening to them and take suggestions as they come.
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:02 pm

Within the next few days, Asteria continues her training of the guard. While she drills them outside and trains them inside as well, she tries to lead them on hunts killing Orcs and Beastmen. She stays right at their sides and fights with them every step of the way. If any get hurt in battle, she heals a man herself or pauses to show them how to wrap up their own wounds. She seems harder on them than she has been and while not incredibly harsh, seems firm with them and encourages them to train.
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

Hasbeengoing

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:33 pm

*A woman in grey approaches the drilling squad and introduces herself to the instructor.*

"Hello miss, I am Heidi Shepard, a priestess staying here on the grounds as a guest to the Headmaster. I admire your stregnth of leadership and battle and the spirit of the men here. I would gladly assist in your drilling. I am not a warrior, but I would gladly heal injuries and help with logistics.
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:42 pm

Hasbeengoing wrote:
*A woman in grey approaches the drilling squad and introduces herself to the instructor.*

"Hello miss, I am Heidi Shepard, a priestess staying here on the grounds as a guest to the Headmaster.  I admire your stregnth of leadership and battle and the spirit of the men here.  I would gladly assist in your drilling.  I am not a warrior, but I would gladly heal injuries and help with logistics.

When Asteria sees Heidi approach, she pauses in her training of the men and approaches the woman at a friendly distance. She offers a small smile and nod, the woman clad in heavy armor and a tower shield strapped to her arm.

"'Ey there, miss. Good to meet ya." She offers her free hand out to Heidi, though it's likely covered in blood. Still, the gesture seems genuine and friendly. "M'name is Asteria. It's good ta know we have a priestess around. I'd be glad ta take whatever help ya offer." She gives a nod. "An' thank ya. M'tryin' but truth be told, it's been a while since I've done this." Asteria gives a grin. "If ya want ta join, yer welcome to. Hells, I'll guard ya myself if yer a guest of Crypto's."
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

Hasbeengoing

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 6:48 pm

*She smiles and shakes the hand, though she takes out a rag and cleans off the blood while they are talking*

"Very well. Il stay and watch for now, and if your men get injured il take care of them. Tomorrow I will ask for extra divinations, and I will ward then, so that you may push your men even harder and they will not accidently hurt eachother, as pushing ones beyond their limits is the best way to train, no?"

*Still smiling, she watches the men for a majority of the time they train, having water brought out from the building for them occasionaly*
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 7:10 pm

Hasbeengoing wrote:
*She smiles and shakes the hand, though she takes out a rag and cleans off the blood while they are talking*

"Very well.  Il stay and watch for now, and if your men get injured il take care of them.  Tomorrow I will ask for extra divinations, and I will ward then, so that you may push your men even harder and they will not accidently hurt eachother, as pushing ones beyond their limits is the best way to train, no?"

*Still smiling, she watches the men for a majority of the time they train, having water brought out from the building for them occasionaly*

Asteria doesn't seem the least bit offended as Heidi takes out a rag and cleans her hand. She actually seems a bit embarrassed about it and gives the woman a sheepish look. "Sorry about tha'. Guess I need ta get some gloves." She then shakes her hand gently and releases it, her eyes returning to the training men.

"Sure thing, lass. I certainly don't mind t'company." Her brown eyes return to Heidi. "An' thank ya. I greatly appreciate tha'. T'sad truth of it is, I've been told I make a terrible priestess." She chuckles and grins. "So, ta have someone 'ere tha' can heal would put me more at ease. An' yeh, absolutely. I don't think they're doin' bad but pushin' them a bit more each day...I think it's t'House's benefit."

She directs the men still as she talks on the side to Heidi. After a few moments though, she clasps the woman's shoulder, smiles and nods once before returning to them. The warrioress allows for small breaks in order to allow Heidi to give out water and even allows her to meet the men. She introduces Heidi individually to each guard, so they may thank her properly for when she heals them.
Back to top Go down
Hasbeengoing

Hasbeengoing

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptySun Feb 02, 2014 11:02 pm

*As she talks to the guards, eventualy it would come out that she is a priestess to Loviatar, The Maiden of Pain. This would most likely make some of the guards apprensive of her, with the reputation of the clerics to be cruel, but Heidi shows no intention of this. Some of the guards would also probably complain about her healing magics hurting alot though, in which she simply states "No pain, no gain" with a smirk. Despite this, she does not try to preach to them about religion, but would let it be known that eventualy she will be holding sermons at the house at some point and that all are welcome to attend.*
Back to top Go down
Blutbadd

Blutbadd

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 11:55 am

Roman has been making at least daily visits to the training proceedings, mostly to keep quiet and make sure they are progressing well. Being an old time ranking officer of the Blackhounds, he is no stranger to leading drills... he'd point out from time to time when someone has a hideous fighting stance, bad posture, slack hold on their weapon and he'd advise Asteria on how to correct them, keeping her in charge in the view of the men and women guards... he might however knock them on their ass for repeated mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Avarson

Avarson

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 4:40 pm

Syvin can be seen inside occasionally training the guards in various forms of hand to hand combat, and various battlefield calm and battlefield awareness techniques.
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 5:18 pm

Hasbeengoing wrote:
*As she talks to the guards, eventualy it would come out that she is a priestess to Loviatar, The Maiden of Pain.  This would most likely make some of the guards apprensive of her, with the reputation of the clerics to be cruel, but Heidi shows no intention of this.  Some of the guards would also probably complain about her healing magics hurting alot though, in which she simply states "No pain, no gain" with a smirk.  Despite this, she does not try to preach to them about religion, but would let it be known that eventualy she will be holding sermons at the house at some point and that all are welcome to attend.*

Asteria doesn't seem to judge or comment on Heidi's faith. If she sees one of the guards being rude or judgmental with the woman, however, she reprimands them. If they complain about her healing, she shakes her head. "At least ya have someone ta heal ya. I wouldn't be complainin' too much about it." Since she doesn't see Heidi as cruel, she lets the priestess heal them still. In regards to pain, the warrioress seems okay with it, as she knows all too well that combat comes with pain, anyway. She seems quite fine with the priestess commenting about her sermons and seems to respect the fact that Heidi, at least, isn't preaching to her men. Once in a while, she even offers to share a flask of ale with Heidi while she's outside during the drills.

Quote :
Roman has been making at least daily visits to the training proceedings, mostly to keep quiet and make sure they are progressing well. Being an old time ranking officer of the Blackhounds, he is no stranger to leading drills... he'd point out from time to time when someone has a hideous fighting stance, bad posture, slack hold on their weapon and he'd advise Asteria on how to correct them, keeping her in charge in the view of the men and women guards... he might however knock them on their ass for repeated mistakes.

Asteria may be a bit uneasy at Roman's presence but she doesn't comment on it. She greets him politely and nods to him when he makes daily visits. She heeds his advice on training the guard, noting how he points out bad stance, posture or slack. She corrects whatever mistakes they make and seems to take mental notes on leadership as well. She scowls at him, however, if she sees him knock them down for mistakes.

Last edited by Maiden of Loss on Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wemic

wemic

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 4:27 pm

*I rough, leather-skinned, old man in deep purple and black plate shows up for training and ready to get his hands dirty.  One of his eyes wounded decades ago so badly it is scarred over shut.  He smells like old man and rum.*

"Archibold from Scarrdale, reporting for training... haha, why the hell not?!"

*He's alot sturdier than he looks and it would appear he's been through this many a times before as he gets in line and follows instruction more or less to the letter.*
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 5:22 pm

wemic wrote:
*I rough, leather-skinned, old man in deep purple and black plate shows up for training and ready to get his hands dirty.  One of his eyes wounded decades ago so badly it is scarred over shut.  He smells like old man and rum.*

"Archibold from Scarrdale, reporting for training... haha, why the hell not?!"

*He's alot sturdier than he looks and it would appear he's been through this many a times before as he gets in line and follows instruction more or less to the letter.*

Asteria nods to the old man as he joins in the training. She grins and goes over to greet Archy briefly. "'Ey there. Glad ya joined." She offers to shake his hand. "Don't think we've met. M'name's Asteria."
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 6:27 pm

Elektra stands on the roof of the guild house, the place she calls "Top o tha HOR" , and observes the drills, paying particular attention to Asteria and her effectiveness. She jots a few notes on a parchment and then continues to watch.
Upon seeing the aged man join the ranks, she smirks at first , but nods in approval. She jots down a few more notes.
Her parchment reads as follows:
1. Order and Chaos
A. Order- Personal skill with weapon, hand to hand techniques, formations, chain of command, adherence to orders.
B. Chaos- expect the unexpected and be prepared to react, seek the enemy's weakness
2. Leadership - moral character shows up in troops, respect equals loyalty, lead by example.
3. Comradery - get drunk together
4. Discipline - rebellion and disrespect for chain of command, orders and laws of Misty Falls is a capital crime.
5. Awards - exemplary warriors rewarded, promoted.
6. Spies - all spies within our ranks are welcome. May they come to join us and become us once they see.

Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 7:29 pm

Over the last few days, Asteria's presence has been scarce. She still fits in her drills with the guard but she tends to wander off at night and disappear for a few days at a time. The warrioress is still focused on her orders when she trains the men, however. But, Elektra may notice her presence diminishing and she tends to wander a bit further away from the House more than usual.
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 7:54 pm

The Headmistress wonders if there is an intent to Asteria's time away from the troop drills, to allow them some autonomy ... Or perhaps it is a distraction.
   Respecting that many things may draw a woman away from mundane military life, she choses to allow Asteria her right to privacy.
    Elektra herself dons her best armor , reads a scroll of a high Charisma boost , and descends from the " Top o tha HOR" and approaches the drilling guards herself...
Back to top Go down
White Rose

White Rose

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyFri Feb 07, 2014 8:59 pm

She approaches the drilling guards and motions for them to stop. Once she has their attention, she begins in a low tone, soothing as she can muster ( Char 31 now with scroll boost ).
"I want you all to know. . .that practice for battle, . . . is not for me . . . it is for the very ideals that make us who and what we are. . . your fight is not for founders, nor leaders. ..not even deities. You fight for THE right. . . .YOUR right . . .OUR right. . .to BE."
*her voice takes on a stronger tone*
" How many in these lands wish to see us fail? How many desire to ruin us within ? How many despise the VERY IDEA.. .. that you. and I. .have just as much right to become as strong and as free as THEY are now !
Oh yes. some of us are outcasts, some of us are high born. . . some of us are on a path to destiny, but ALL of us and EACH of us have the SAME right . . . to stand before those who would oppress us. . to deny us. . .to lord their ways over us. . . and wave our banners high in their faces!"
*She gets physical in her actions as she speaks even more intensely*
" I stand with you , and I ask you to stand with ME. . . Have I not used powers to stun Orcs, and Beastmen and all enemies before you. . . so that you could win the battle?. . .
Stand with me and become strong. . .stand with each other and become ever stronger!. . . I will NOT ask you do Die for your leaders, nor our cause. . . . NO. . . For the idea. .is to make your ENEMY. . . DIE FOR HIS ! "
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyWed Feb 19, 2014 6:15 pm

The warrioress has returned to the House recently and began drilling guards once more. After her time away, Asteria seems much happier and more focused than ever. She takes the men out to the orc lands to give them tips on how to fight and kill orcs, trolls and the occasional roadside bandit.
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 5:30 pm

Asteria—when not pre-occupied with preparing for her journey North or attempting to catch wild horses in the plains—can be seen training the guard and the archers up on the rooftop. She gives pointers on archery as best as she can and gives tips on scouting to the north and to the south. “Ya heard t’boss. Get yer arses in shape an’ get decent with a bow ‘er crossbow.” She goes out of her way to purchase ranged weapons and projectiles if each guardsman doesn’t already possess them.

She's seen taking frequent scouting trips to the north and south, as well as keeping watch on the roof, walking the road in front of the House and around the surrounding lands.
Back to top Go down
DM Stardust

DM Stardust

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 1:39 am

The archers straighten up at the sight of Asteria and and after the purchases all see equipped with bows. Some of the men pick up on this quickly but 5 of them seem very unsteady and unable to fire strait.

On patrols through the orc plains the numbers are still existent but less potent.
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyTue Mar 11, 2014 2:32 am

ADM Stardust wrote:
The archers straighten up at the sight of Asteria and and after the purchases all see equipped with bows. Some of the men pick up on this quickly but 5 of them seem very unsteady and unable to fire strait.

On patrols through the orc plains the numbers are still existent but less potent.

Asteria spends time with the five individually with one-on-one training. While she's typically determined to work them hard, she has a steady and gentle hand with those she sees struggle with the ranged weapons. She seems pretty patient and teaches them how to balance the bow, string it, nock and aim arrows straight.

If they continue to have trouble, she brings them into the battleporium and uses the archery targets instead of training on the roof.
Back to top Go down
DM Stardust

DM Stardust

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 1:10 am

The guards that Asteria dedicated specific time to progress, but slowly. Much time is needed to work things out, but all but one of them shows sign of improvement.
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

halfcentaur

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 4:19 pm

*Crypto hollers out of the second story window*

"Git that slacker in line or send 'im back to the kitchen and focus on the ones that can actually LEARN!"
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 4:34 pm

halfcentaur wrote:
*Crypto hollers out of the second story window*

"Git that slacker in line or send 'im back to the kitchen and focus on the ones that can actually LEARN!"

Asteria glances up at Crypto and sighs. "All righ', then." She then turns to the guard. "Well, sorry, fella. Think ya got kitchen duty fer now." She pats the struggling guard on the back and continues her drilling of the others.
Back to top Go down
DM Stardust

DM Stardust

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 4:57 pm

The large man hangs his head in shame dropping the bow to the ground before lumbering off to the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

halfcentaur

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 5:01 pm

*Crypto meets him in the kitchen where they have a few rounds of brandy*

So there matey... what ARE ya good at? Sneaking? Research? Thuggery? ANYthing?... I hate ta send so much muscle off to peel potatoes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Guard Drills Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills Empty

Back to top Go down

Guard Drills
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next