Dalelands Beyond
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role-Playing Persistent World for Neverwinter Nights 2

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guard Drills

Go down 
+6
DM Stardust
White Rose
wemic
Avarson
Blutbadd
Hasbeengoing
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DM Stardust

DM Stardust

Guard Drills - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 5:15 pm

The man spoke slow and akward

"Well Uh boss, mommy always said I was destered for great things. I could throw a large log by the age of five. I ain't no good with that stick and string with arrows though. I ain't never been one fer sneakin' around neither."
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

halfcentaur

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 6:13 pm

Ahhhh *grins and clinks his goblet to the burly mans and scribbles something down on parchment*

I want you to give this letter to Captain Asteria.... then I want you to go around the grounds and river front and gather as many melon sized stones as you can find.  We're going to have ourselves a little stone throw competition.  heh heh *smiles*

``````````*letter*``````````````````````````````
Captain Asteria,

Please organize a stone toss competition.  I'll award the top 5 contestants with a barrel of their favorite ale and a night in the Sharess suite with one of our esteemed 'performers'.  Their ability is to be judged by distance and accuracy.

If they can't shoot a bow, maybe they can launch a boulder and knock an enemies block off.

Once winners are determined, I want at least one stone thrower stationed on the roof at all times with a healthy pile of boulders to add a little 'muscle' to the arsenal up there.

Anyone that is terrible at both bow AND boulders, send them to my office for re-purposing.

Warm Regards,
Headmaster
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 6:17 pm

ADM Stardust wrote:
The man spoke slow and akward

"Well Uh boss, mommy always said I was destered for great things. I could throw a large log by the age of five. I ain't no good with that stick and string with arrows though. I ain't never been one fer sneakin' around neither."

*stepping into the kitchen from back door, after doing some more guardianing, in the back. With only hearing a small part, and seeing some of what Assteria has benn doing, Ravossel puts her two coppers in with a soft smile*

You could try using the Throwing axe, and sheild combo that some warriors use, and for when they get to close use the sheild to bash them back.

*Ravoosel pours her self a glass of water, and takes a sip.*
Back to top Go down
DM Stardust

DM Stardust

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 7:20 pm

The Large man nods to Ravosel as well as Crypto and carrys said note to Asteria.
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 12, 2014 7:43 pm

ADM Stardust wrote:
The Large man nods to Ravosel as well as Crypto and carrys said note to Asteria.

Asteria pauses her drilling of the other men and takes the note from the large man to read it. She laughs and grins when she reads it, shaking her head. "So be it, boss. Yer crazy but so be it." She chuckles to herself and turns towards all of the men gathered.

"Well, boys, guessin' we're havin' a stone throwin' contest," she says with a grin. "An' looks like t'winner gets a night with a pretty lady up in the fest hall...so...I'd say if t'boss is bein' this kind, tha' ya put yer backs into it."

With that, she guides the men outside and has them start gathering up boulders for said competition. Although, as usual, she can be seen helping them herself and doesn't seem to mind getting her hands dirty to do so.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptySun Mar 16, 2014 6:43 pm

ADM Stardust wrote:

* Day or so later Ravossel returns with a tower sheild, a few stacks of throwing axes, and a spear. In a wooden crate, place in the back of the guild house in the tall ferns grow. On a small hill is Donnleen(Is Ravossel's White Tiger) spread out soaking up the sun.*

*Ravossel wonders about the guild house some Looking for the Large man she talked to the other day.*

*When/if Ravossel finely sees the Larg man, She faintly smiles with a small wave at the Larga man*

Hay can you come out back and help me open up a creat. ?
Back to top Go down
DM Stardust

DM Stardust

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 1:03 pm

The large man looks over to his Captain to see if its alright and if so moves to open said Crate.
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 18, 2014 1:39 pm

ADM Stardust wrote:
The large man looks over to his Captain to see if its alright and if so moves to open said Crate.

Asteria nods to the man and smiles. "Go ahead, lad. T'lady does quite a bit outside so I see no harm in helpin' her out 'ere."
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 1:02 pm

Maiden of Loss wrote:
ADM Stardust wrote:

Asteria nods to the man and smiles. "Go ahead, lad. T'lady does quite a bit outside so I see no harm in helpin' her out 'ere."

*With that Ravossel Leads the Larg man down the hall to the back of the guild hall.*

* As they walk down the hall Ravoosel looks at him (Is highly likely she Dwarfed by him), and in a soft voice.*

What's your name?

*With a nod, and some bounce to her pony tail* It's nice to meet you Gloadin I'm Ravossel, and the white tiger I'm quite sure you have seen about, is my sister Donnleen.

*Ravossel pushes the back door open, and holds it open for the Large man.*

Last edited by Aidan Airna on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DM Stardust

DM Stardust

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 2:24 pm

"Gloadin, me should go back to smashing with rocks me think."

He says following along.
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 12:43 am

Over the last twenty four hours, Asteria's attitude has completely changed. She has started to drill her men hard--with less patience and certainly less kindness than usual.

"Put yer backs into it!" She snaps at them, curling her lips back over her teeth. "I can't believe ye all allowed Lolthite Drow ta trick ya and ya let them walk into 'ere! Never. Again." She says this with cold conviction.

"Now, as punishment...ye all get ra run laps around t'grounds 'till yer feet bleed....and yes, I will be joinin' ya. After tha', we're gonna go over how Drow trick ya into thinkin' things tha' aren't true. We'll be up t'next gods damn tenday straight if need be."

Whatever has the warrioress bothered, her brutality and strength certainly show through as she delivers what she promises: a very few hard days worth of training, drilling and lecturing. She does let the men, rest, however and lets them still have their mealtimes. But, as far as breaks go, she doesn't give them nearly quite as often as before.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 3:55 am

ADM Stardust wrote:

He says following along.

Do't worry Guard Captain Asteria sed it was all right for you to come with me did she not? Be sides do't you wish to see what's in the crate?

*When/if they get there and the crate is opened a few items are there facing him. A very fine tower sheild(+2), a very sturdy looking spear (+2), a number throwing axes.*

The other day I heard you say to the boss. That your mother " always said that you were destined for great things." *posses for a few moments* I would like to help you with that.

Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 20, 2014 4:00 am

Maiden of Loss wrote:
Over the last twenty four hours, Asteria's attitude has completely changed. She has started to drill her men hard--with less patience and certainly less kindness than usual.

"Put yer backs into it!" She snaps at them, curling her lips back over her teeth. "I can't believe ye all allowed Lolthite Drow ta trick ya and ya let them walk into 'ere! Never. Again." She says this with cold conviction.

"Now, as punishment...ye all get ra run laps around t'grounds 'till yer feet bleed....and yes, I will be joinin' ya. After tha', we're gonna go over how Drow trick ya into thinkin' things tha' aren't true. We'll be up t'next gods damn tenday straight if need be."

Whatever has the warrioress bothered, her brutality and strength certainly show through as she delivers what she promises: a very few hard days worth of training, drilling and lecturing. She does let the men, rest, however and lets them still have their mealtimes. But, as far as breaks go, she doesn't give them nearly quite as often as before.

* While the Guard captain is training the Guards in this hard core fashion. Ravossel stands by with healing supplies, and a list full of healing magics just in case any one should require healing on any level. *
Back to top Go down
DM Stardust

DM Stardust

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 21, 2014 1:21 am

Aidan Airna wrote:
ADM Stardust wrote:

He says following along.

Do't worry Guard Captain Asteria sed it was all right for you to come with me did she not? Be sides do't you wish to see what's in the crate?

*When/if they get there and the crate is opened a few items are there facing him. A very fine tower sheild(+2), a very sturdy looking spear (+2), a number throwing axes.*

The other day I heard you say to the boss. That your mother " always said that you were destined for great things." *posses for a few moments* I would like to help you with that.

"Me like dese things, are dese for me?"
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 5:48 am

*Ravossel seems to smile, when she sees Gloadin's reaction.*

Yes Gloadin thees items are for you. To start I'll be showing you how to use the spear.
Back to top Go down
DM Stardust

DM Stardust

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptySat Mar 22, 2014 1:43 pm

Gloadin looks at her in confusion. 

"It spear, pointy end go in other man."
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 25, 2014 4:38 pm

ADM Stardust wrote:
Gloadin looks at her in confusion.

"It spear, pointy end go in other man."

*With a soft smile*

There's much more then that to be a effective spear fighter Gloadin a lot more.

Such as how you breath, how you stand, Positioning & footwork for defending, and attacking.

*Brushes back a lock of loos hair be hind her right hear, as she looks up at him.*

You have the size, the strength, and long arms to be good spear fighter with just your strength.

*Ravossel posses of a brief moment.*

Gloadin the Strong, do you wish to be the best spear fighter, better then any Orc, or Beast man, that attack our home? *Motions to the guild hall.*
Back to top Go down
DM Stardust

DM Stardust

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 2:39 pm

The large man shrugs. 

"Me just do what I be told. Me get paid and free food dat way. Me no want to die doh."
Back to top Go down
halfcentaur

halfcentaur

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 26, 2014 4:58 pm

*Crypto hollers out one of the upstairs windows.*

He's already GOOD at throwing big things... we don't waste time training guards to be better at what they SUCK at... we pay them to do what they are already GOOD at.  Gloadin... sir... Take your rocks, take your axes, get on the roof, and get back on watch!

*mutters*

th'hell am I paying these people for!?

*slams the window shut and goes back to doing 100 other things in his office*
Back to top Go down
DM Stardust

DM Stardust

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 1:17 pm

The large man winces at Cryptos words, particularly the pay comment. He looks over to Ravossel a moment before taking the items she had given him and going back inside the tower.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 4:01 pm

ADM Stardust wrote:
The large man winces at Cryptos words, particularly the pay comment. He looks over to Ravossel a moment before taking the items she had given him and going back inside the tower.

*Ravossel sighs softly*

I'll go have word with him ok Gloadin. You did nothing worng.

Back to top Go down
DM Stardust

DM Stardust

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 27, 2014 9:19 pm

The large man frowns but continues moving.
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyMon Apr 28, 2014 11:12 pm

Having of neglecting her duties of late, the warrioress makes up with it for drilling her men more and more recently. She seems hardened, cold and entirely focused on training them. Her changed demeanor reeks of pure determination, stubbornness and a changed inner coldness within the woman. She seems hell bent on something and though not unreasonable, she is more tough with them than ever before.

If she is asked about her demeanor, she grunts, shrugs and turns back to her work; coldness in her brown eyes.
Back to top Go down
Aidan Airna

Aidan Airna

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyThu May 01, 2014 12:30 pm

As StarBlade Drills the warriors under her command, Ravossel is there, to help heal any little dump, bruise, scratch, to any of the more larger injuries they may sustain. And of any seem down and depressed, or at loss, when talking with Ravossel. She'll try to be coming a type of counselor of sorts for them.
Back to top Go down
Maiden of Loss

Maiden of Loss

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 EmptyFri May 02, 2014 2:39 pm

After the undead attack on the House and after a few days of being isolated in the woods, the guard captain returns and appears much more grounded. She tries to lift the spirits of her men and she holds a service for any of her men that may have been lost during the undead attack. She halts her drilling of them for now and instead orders them to guard the perimeters of the building while the damage is inspected.

She rubs her forehead and curses quite a bit quietly to herself. She, herself, helps quite a bit with gathering the dead, helping douse the last remaining flames and she orders her men to camp outside while new plans after the attack need to be made.

Asteria sets out her own tent not too far away from the small "island" and only rests for short periods of time to keep watch for more undead and others repair the damage done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guard Drills   Guard Drills - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Guard Drills
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next